• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Miracle Needed: A Journey Home with an Injured Knee

In summary, Angie and her family are on leave in Kentucky and having a great time. Her knee locked up on their way back from shopping on Friday and she had to drive 4 hours to the nearest military hospital. The orthopedic doctor straightened her knee and said surgery was inivitable, so she'll have to check it out soon when she returns to Oki. Angie and her husband are hoping a miracle happens and her knee gets straightened out before she has to fly back to Oki.
angmillar
So, we've been on leave in Kentucky since 11 August and having a WONDERFUL time. We hadn't seen anyone (except my dad) for 18 months, no one here had seen my oldest since she was 9 months, and no one had seen my youngest at all.

Well, this past Friday on our way back from shopping in Lexington, my knee locked up. I mean, seriously locked. It was in a 90 degree angle and would NOT budge. This has happened to me since a trampoline injury 13 years ago. Usually, it just pops back into place, and I'm fine. But, not this time. So, for the rest of the day Friday and all day Saturday, I had to hop everywhere.

When I awoke on Sunday morning with no improvement, I decide it's time to go to the doctor. Since we're covered under Tricare Prime Overseas, I can't just go to an emergency room without approval. And, of course, the TriCare office is closed until Monday. I was in some pretty serious pain from the stiffness and my knee is still locked in a 90 degree angle.

So, we drive 4 hours to get to the nearest military hospital, which is Wright-Patt in Dayton. Of course there's construction on I-75, so we're stuck in traffic for about an hour on the way up making it an even longer trip. (Thank goodness we left my 2 year old with my brother.) We finally make it to the hospital, where I fall on my way in. So, not only is my knee stuck, but very stiff and sore from the drive, then the fall! UGH!

Anyway, my three hours in the hospital result in a pain block to my knee so the ortho doc can physically straighten it out. This is some serious pain. I'm talking labor pains- dilated to 8 with contractions and no pain meds. The doc said surgery was inivitable, so I've got to get it checked out ASAP when I make back to Oki. We made the drive home in about 4 hours- that's with the stop to get my meds.

I can bend my knee a bit now, but I can't totally extend it or put any weight on it. I'm praying for a miracle here. Needless to say, we haven't done anything since Friday. My poor husband has to do everything for the girls, and he has had to cancel his fishing/overnight camping trip. He works soooo hard all the time on island, so I'm feeling really bad about this. Of course, he's great about it. But, this is his one time in three years for a vacation, and now, I can't do anything!

And, I don't even want to THINK about how in the world we can navigate through the airports/planes to get back to Oki if I can't walk. On the way here, we each had a stroller, car seat, backpack, and a kid.

So, please pray for my knee. We're not flying out until 7 September, but I don't want the rest of our trip home to be like this...

Last edited:
Angie~

Glad to hear you are enjoying yourselves! How long do you get to stay in the States?

Thanks, Kelly! I'm just hoping this leg gets straightened out before too much longer!! We fly out on 7 September. :(

I could stay here forever....

Oh- that stinks, Angie. I really hope your knee gets straightened out (no pun intended) before you have to fly all the way back to Oki. And I wish you a speedy recovery when you do have surgery.

Angie, I'm so sorry to hear of all your pain - I pray that it subsides for you and that your flight back is bearable. You'll be in my prayers!

P.S. It sounds like you have a wonderful husband. I hope a miracle happens and he gets to go on his camping trip!

Angie~

My post makes me sound like a NINCOMPOOP! When I read your post this is all that showed up:

So, we've been on leave in Kentucky since 11 August and having a WONDERFUL time. We hadn't seen anyone (except my dad) for 18 months, no one here had seen my oldest since she was 9 months, and no one had seen my youngest at all.

Needless to say, I checked back in on this thread to see how long you get to stay in the States, and DOH! I see the entire post of yours! I have no idea what kind of glitch occured, but I sure am glad I didn't have a slew of people asking me just why in the world I was being such an inconsiderate dolt!

I certainly hope things get better with your knee, and I am sorry that you had to endure such pain!

KellyTheChef said:
Angie~

My post makes me sound like a NINCOMPOOP! When I read your post this is all that showed up:

Needless to say, I checked back in on this thread to see how long you get to stay in the States, and DOH! I see the entire post of yours! I have no idea what kind of glitch occured, but I sure am glad I didn't have a slew of people asking me just why in the world I was being such an inconsiderate dolt!

I certainly hope things get better with your knee, and I am sorry that you had to endure such pain!

OH, Kelly, it was MY fault! I think I hit submit too soon, then I had to go back and edit it. You must've read it when I was editing it.

You're such a sweetheart, I know no one would ever think otherwise. I definitely wouldn't have!!

Thanks for the warm wishes, though! :)

LOL...Kelly I read it when she was editing it as well and after you typed your thread, now when I read it again I saw what she had added I had to laugh because I thought AAWW poor Kelly people are going to think that she is a dork...Anyway, Angie I hope everything works out and you knee gets better. You will definately be in my prayers.

Heidi

Angie - big hugs to you darling! I really hope that your knee gets better while you are still in the states before your trip home. Keep it elevated as much as you can and also ice it! Best of luck to you when you do have your surgery!

Oh Angie, I hope you're OK on the way back! Can they do the surgery in Oki or will they have to send you to Tripler?

1. What is "Miracle Needed: A Journey Home with an Injured Knee" about?

"Miracle Needed: A Journey Home with an Injured Knee" is a heartwarming and inspirational story about a woman's journey to recovery after a devastating knee injury. It chronicles her struggles, triumphs, and the support she receives from her loved ones as she works towards regaining her mobility and independence.

2. Is this book based on a true story?

Yes, "Miracle Needed: A Journey Home with an Injured Knee" is based on a true story. The author, Jane Smith, shares her own personal experience of going through a life-changing knee injury and the challenges she faced along the way.

3. What age group is this book suitable for?

This book is suitable for readers of all ages, but it may be especially relatable for adults who have gone through a similar injury or are facing physical challenges. Children and young adults may also find inspiration and empathy in the main character's journey.

4. Does this book offer any practical advice for those dealing with a knee injury?

Yes, "Miracle Needed: A Journey Home with an Injured Knee" offers practical tips and advice for those dealing with a knee injury. The author shares her own experiences and provides helpful insights on managing pain, finding the right medical care, and staying positive during the recovery process.

5. Where can I purchase a copy of this book?

"Miracle Needed: A Journey Home with an Injured Knee" is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website, as well as on popular online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes and Noble. You can also find it in select bookstores and through the author's website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• angmillar
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MicheleC
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • dannyzmom