• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Knee Surgery & Cooking Shows - A Crazy Journey!

In summary, Angie had surgery today to remove the torn cartilage in her knee. She has four cooking shows scheduled this weekend and Monday.
angmillar
Well, I think most of you know about my knee issues that happened again while we were on leave in the states... torn minisucus, knee locked up, on crutches for 3 weeks *including* the trip back to Oki.

Anyway, I've been on island for almost two weeks now, and I finally got to see an ortho doc yesterday. And, guess what?? He just happened to be the ortho doc doing surgeries today, and he had an opening. So, YES, I had knee surgery today!!

Thank goodness my husband's squadron took pity on him, so he could have the day off. (We have a 2 year old and a 10 month old, so I definitely needed the help!) The surgery was only an hour scope that cut out the torn cartilage.

So, here's the CRAZY part... I SO have cooking shows tomorrow (Friday) night, Saturday night, Sunday afternoon, and Monday night. WHEW! I'm not sure exactly how they're going to go, since I'm wrapped from my mid-thigh to toes on my right knee, but I am going to do them!!

The demos are pretty easy ones, and I think I'm just going to make the shows more interactive than usual. They'll be a short demo, then a catalog walk-thru. I'm hoping maybe I can just walk without crutches soon!!

Now that's dedication and determination! Good for you!

...and they say THEY'RE too busy! You are a great example and inspiration!

That all being said, take care of yourself and don't "over-do" it! You need rest and rehabilitation. Great idea to have interactive shows - have someone do the recipes for you with you just guiding them through - they can be your next recruits too!

did you have surgery on your town minisucus? i have to have that on my right knee and my left knee i have femero patella syndrom (aka Mother Knee, nice huh?) so i'm having injections in that one once a week for 3 weeks to try and prevent surgery.
i'm nervous about my surgery and recovery, especially being put under. any encouragement will help.

thanks

When I was pregnant, and on "bedrest" (before my DR found out what I was doing - and put me on REAL bedrest!) I would do my shows sitting down. I just gathered everyone around the kitchen or dining room table, and I would sit with them and do my "demo". It was actually alot of fun, and I really enjoyed those shows.
I was fortunate, at that time, one of the Theme Shows was "Gifts To Go", so when guests arrived, we were pulling the Celebration Brownies from the oven, and everyone sat and had brownies and ice cream, while I showed how to layer the brownies and also soup mix in a small batter bowl.

Best Wishes for a quick recovery! Hope all goes well - you have a full schedule !:thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh boy are you a trooper or what! Good luck and I hope your shows are fantastic.

Good luck! I am much more of a wimp than you are!

Wow Angie! Take care of yourself and don't push too hard!!

Angie, you're probably crazier for posting an open-ended question like "Am I crazy?" here than you are for having the surgery. :D Take it easy - and get help when you need to.

You GO girl!!
You're an inspiration!!!!

Wow! I stand in awe. Happy healing.

Thanks everyone! I am just one of those people that HATE to cancel shows, especially since I'm still kinda getting started.

I'm feeling much better today- it's in the afternoon on Friday here in Oki- so the shows for the weekend are definitely a go! I just have a feeling the hosts are going to look at me and think I'm crazy!!!

Thanks again for the well wishes. I'm trying hard not to over do it, in fact, I'm conserving most of my energy for my PC shows. My hubby's a nurse, thank goodness, and he definitely lets me know, "Enough is enough." Right now, he's on board for my 4 shows this weekend and Monday.

:)

ginamkiely said:
did you have surgery on your town minisucus? i have to have that on my right knee and my left knee i have femero patella syndrom (aka Mother Knee, nice huh?) so i'm having injections in that one once a week for 3 weeks to try and prevent surgery.
i'm nervous about my surgery and recovery, especially being put under. any encouragement will help.

thanks

Yep, I had the torn miniscus removed. It's an old injury- 13 years old to be exact. The surgery wasn't bad at all, and so far, the recovery is going well. I had GREAT doctors, nurses, etc. yesterday at the Naval hospital here, which makes a huge difference.

I'll let you know how I get on in the next few days...

angmillar said:
Yep, I had the torn miniscus removed. It's an old injury- 13 years old to be exact. The surgery wasn't bad at all, and so far, the recovery is going well. I had GREAT doctors, nurses, etc. yesterday at the Naval hospital here, which makes a huge difference.

I'll let you know how I get on in the next few days...

Glad to hear you're doing well. Thats great to hear, it also makes me not so scared of my surgery.

Angie,

I'm glad you're doing well. Make sure to ask for help and don't overdo it. Have fun and take it easy!

Glad to hear that you're doing well. I'm a wimp. I'm having some surgery on Monday & I'm not scheduling anything for 3 1/2 weeks! :D

MicheleC said:
Angie,

I'm glad you're doing well. Make sure to ask for help and don't overdo it. Have fun and take it easy!

Hi Michelle,

Yes, I did have to ask for help tonight... which is something I HATE to do!! But, the show was over, and the husband had just came back home, and I had my stuff to load. So, I bit the bullet and asked for help. Of course, he and the host were more than happy to help out!!

BTW, show 1 is done. Sales are at $265, and she has more outside orders to collect. I have 4 bookings (2 catalogs for September for cookware, 1 October, and 1 November). So, WOOHOO! It was worth my time. :)

Glad to hear it turned out well! I wasn't thinking about the time difference that it was already after your first show when I posted:rolleyes: Good luck on the rest of the weekend!

1. What inspired you to create "Knee Surgery & Cooking Shows - A Crazy Journey?"

After undergoing knee surgery and being on bed rest for weeks, I found myself binge-watching cooking shows. I was inspired by the chefs and their ability to create delicious dishes with ease. I realized that cooking could be a therapeutic activity for me during my recovery, and that's when the idea for the show came to me.

2. How did you manage to cook while recovering from knee surgery?

Initially, it was quite challenging as I had limited mobility and had to use crutches. However, I found ways to adapt my kitchen and cooking techniques to accommodate my injury. I also had the help of friends and family who assisted me in prepping ingredients and moving around the kitchen.

3. What can viewers expect from "Knee Surgery & Cooking Shows - A Crazy Journey?"

Viewers can expect a unique and entertaining cooking show that combines delicious recipes with a personal journey of recovery. They will also learn valuable tips and tricks for cooking in a limited mobility situation and gain insight into the challenges and triumphs of recovering from knee surgery.

4. Are the recipes on the show suitable for individuals with dietary restrictions?

Yes, the show features a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs. We have dishes that are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and more. Our goal is to make cooking accessible and enjoyable for everyone, regardless of their dietary restrictions.

5. Can viewers purchase the kitchen tools and equipment used on the show?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, I am happy to provide viewers with a list of the tools and equipment used on the show. They can also purchase them through my Pampered Chef website, where they can find a variety of high-quality kitchen products that make cooking easier and more enjoyable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • jenniferknapp
  • General Chat
Replies