• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales: My Journey to Qualifying Through Catalog and Cooking Shows

In summary, the host of the catalog show wants the orders by a certain date, and the person who signs up to be a rep will get a discount on their kit if they reach certain sales goals.
jentapp
I turned in the orders for my first catalog show yesterday. It was small at $161.25 in commissionable sales, but still counts toward getting qualified, right? :D

I also just mailed off the stuff for my second catalog show (first one that I'm not doing myself). How long do you all usually give the catalog show host until the orders are due? Is 3 weeks too long?

I've also got my first cooking show on 9/9 (my mother) and my second one one on 9/16 (for my DH's co-workers), so I will be qualified one way or another by the end of Sept. WOO HOO!!!!

Hi Jennifer,

I've found with catalog shows - the hosts tend to drag them out - so try to set a deadline with them and tell them you'll follow up with them weekly in case they have any questions. That way you'll know if it will indeed qualify for a show as well. If you have a website, tell them to utilize that or to send you their orders as they get them - that way you can double check the totals as well. I usually give them a few weeks but try to set a date that you will close it out. That way, it's timely for the customers who order right away.

Gina Miller

If you can afford to you can always offer an extra incentive for your catalog shows. Maybe an additional $5 in free product for every $100 in sales, or set a goal of like $300 or $400 and they get a free product from the catalog, which you can purchase with the host discount from the show. I would try to close within 2 weeks if it were me.

I hope that helps.

IncentiveMy friend's DH REALLY wants the stoneware and she's considering signing up (has never been to a cooking show, might end up having to go down there to do one for her), so I told her to shoot for at least $400 in sales (so if she decides to be a rep she can put $40 of it towards her kit). I also told her to ask everyone she hands a catalog to if they would do a show for her if she were to sign up (then I just need to get her to a cooking show really quickly so she can see what they're like).

Related to Maximizing Sales: My Journey to Qualifying Through Catalog and Cooking Shows

1. How can I increase my sales through catalog and cooking shows?

The key to maximizing sales through catalog and cooking shows is to create a personalized and engaging experience for your customers. This can be done by showcasing the products in action through live cooking demonstrations, offering special promotions and discounts, and providing informative product descriptions in your catalogs.

2. What are some effective ways to promote my catalog and cooking shows?

Utilizing social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, is a great way to promote your catalog and cooking shows. You can also reach out to your existing network of customers and offer incentives for them to host their own shows or refer their friends and family.

3. How can I make my cooking shows more interactive and engaging for my customers?

Incorporating interactive elements, such as games and giveaways, into your cooking shows can make them more engaging for your customers. You can also encourage them to participate by asking for their feedback and input throughout the show.

4. What are some tips for effectively using the catalog to drive sales?

One tip is to make sure your catalog is visually appealing and easy to navigate. Use high-quality images and descriptive product descriptions to entice customers. You can also offer bundle deals or discounts for purchasing multiple items from the catalog.

5. How can I ensure a successful catalog or cooking show?

To ensure a successful show, it is important to plan and prepare beforehand. This includes having all necessary products and materials ready, rehearsing your demonstrations, and setting sales goals for yourself. It is also important to follow up with customers after the show to thank them for attending and to offer any additional support or assistance they may need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
letscook04
Replies
Views
funinyourkitchen
Replies
Views
ms_twana