• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Returning Home from a Scorching Birthday Party

In summary, it is very hot outside and DS is very excited about the pool party. However, he is also scared because of the hot weather.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I just got back from taking DS to a birthday party. Who in their right mind schedules a birthday party outside, in August, at noon?! It was miserable hot. When we were driving home the temp at the bank said 102 and the outside temp on my car said 111....it's too hot to even go to the pool!

Oh goodness I think that I would melt:yuck:

Goodness that is hot... I would have thought with those temps you were in AZ;P

HotWe are in TX and my hubby and son are outside cutting the grass. They are very hot and will probably lose about 10 pounds in sweat!! My son is very skinny to begin with so he might not make it!! LOL :yuck:

We have our children's combined party the first weekend in September. This year it will land on September 8th. It is very hot and we try to do water games (water balloons, water guns, and the kiddie pool). We are having a sleepover and if the boys are brave enough they will be sleeping in a tent. The girls will stay inside. It was fun last year, but way too many kids. This year there won't be so many. It's so much work for me and trying to keep order in the house is a challenge too. Especially when the kids who aren't mine don't listen and I can't discipline them. :eek:

Debbie :D

It's so hot here too. I have all the blinds closed off so no sunshine can heat us up in here!! That is pretty stupid to have a party outside like that. Keep drinking!!!

Today is the first day we can breathe outside! My 4 yr. old was THRILLED that he could go out and swim. It's been about 105 with a heat index of around 115. Awful. Thank the Lord it's cooled off to the mid-90s!

I am ready for fall!

Who's with me??

Hoodies, chili, pumpkins, and festivals??? WOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!

Yep, my 3 yo ds was talking about going to the pumpkin farm today. We're all ready for fall!

Late fall/early winter is my favorite season... much easier (and not indecent) to put more clothes on and warm up. After all there is only so much you can take off and still go outside without being arrested for indecent exposure.

Our pool is disgustingly warm, like bath water. The kids get in and get out even when the sun goes down its too warm to be refreshing.

sorry guys
but i love the heat!!!!!!!!!
right now it is only 15C which translates to around 60F
we are sleeping with our down comforters on the bed!!!!!!

I"m wierd as it'sclose to 100 degrees everyday and I still sleep with comforter/blankets!! LOL

Yep, it's been that hot here for several weeks now. We were in Branson last week & it was hot there too....all the water rides at Silver Dollar City were the longest!

Can someone send some heat to Wisconsin? We have two birthday parties at our house this weekend - both are supposed to be pool parties, and the water temperature is only 72 degrees. I don't know what I'm going to do with all these kids!

It does already feel like fall over here! I love fall, but not yet!

I'm not sure where you are at, but I am in N GA. The other day at 4:30 it was still over 100!! We are having a HUGE problem with ants because it is so hot. We can't keep them out of the house! I sure can't wait until it cools off!!

I agree- send some heat my way! It is 72 on the hottest day here! Some might say that is nice, but I feel like I need to stock up on heat now and save it for January when it is -20!

1. How can I safely transport my hot dish home from the birthday party?

We recommend using our insulated food carrier to keep your dish at a safe temperature while traveling. It will also help prevent spills and messes during transport.

2. What is the best way to reheat my dish once I am home?

We suggest using our microwave-safe dishes or stoneware to reheat your dish. They are designed to evenly distribute heat and maintain the integrity of your food.

3. Can I leave my leftovers out on the counter to cool before refrigerating?

No, it is important to refrigerate your leftovers within two hours after the party ends to prevent bacteria growth. You can use our Quick-Stir® Pitcher to quickly cool down hot dishes before placing them in the fridge.

4. How long can I keep my leftover food from the party?

Leftovers from the party can be kept in the fridge for up to four days. If you plan on keeping them longer, we recommend freezing them in our freezer-safe containers.

5. What is the best way to clean my dishes after the party?

We recommend hand washing our stoneware and cookware with warm soapy water to preserve their non-stick coating. Our dishwasher-safe products can be washed in the dishwasher, but avoid using harsh detergents or abrasive sponges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dayna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Replies