• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are My Parents Going to Be Okay?

In summary, My parents were in a terrible accident last night. While I was at my big (35-40 confirmed) party last night, I received a phone call from my DH (he NEVER calls me when I'm at a party), my brother called and said Mom and Dad were in a BAD accident. They airlifted my Mom to the local trama hospital. My Dad was taken via ambulance to the same hospital. I dropped everything...and left ~ I'll have to go back to the hostess' house later and get all my stuff. Driving home was the worst ~ Not knowing what happened, being air-lifted~is she alive? Well,
OMG Ginny! I can't believe how extensive her injuries are. My prayers are continually with you and your family.

Kitchen Diva said:
Father, in the name of Jesus, I come before You asking You to heal Ginny's mother. It is written that the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise them up. You are the author of Life and that you do not make people sick- Stan has come to steal, kill and destroy and we bind his actions and plans against Ginny's mother in the name of Jesus now.

Father we let go of all unforgiveness, resentment, anger and bad feelings toward anyone. Ginny's mother's body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and we desire for her to be in good health. We seek truth that will make her free-both spiritual and natural. Thank You, Father, for sending Your Word to heal Ginny's mom and deliver her from all destruction. Jesus, You are the Word Who became flesh and dwelt among us. You bore our griefs, pains, and carried or sorrows and sickness. You were pierced through for our transgressions and crushed for our iniquities, the chastening for our wellbeing fell upon You, and by Your stripes We are healed- and so is Ginny's Mom!

Father, we give attention to Your words and incline our ears to Your sayings. We will not let them depart from our sight, but we will keep them in the midst of our hearts for they are life and health to our bodies. We pray healing over Ginny's mother and the healing blood of Jesus to wash over her body and make her whole again. We believe because it is written and praise and thank You, Lord for Your promises and Your Word, and the powerful transformation that is taking place in Ginny's mother right now- Praise You, Hallejuiah!

In Jesus' Name- Amen!
I stand with Kacey in this prayer, Ginny, and you need to also! Her prayer is very powerful and if you will read it and let her words penetrate into you, then you will find His peace and your mother is healed in Jesus' name!

Beautiful prayer, Kacey! The world needs more powerful prayer warriors like you! I stand with you in this and God Bless you for posting this!
What a wonderful woman of God you are!

Ginny, I am praying the prayer of faith that Ginny has prayed and bind Satan, in the name of Jesus, your mother is healed.... Amen! Don't doubt, just believe!

Ginny, your mom & the rest of your family are in my prayers. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Ginny, I sent this out to all my prayer warrior friends, too. We got you covered! :)

Oh Ginny My prayers are with you and your family.

Ann R.

Continuing prayers for healing for you mom, and strength for your family to handle whatever God's will may be.

Joyce

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Thinking of you and your family during this trying time.

~Patti

Ginny, I just found this thread today. I am sending hugs and healing thoughts your way. I am so sorry you are going through this.

Hope she's okay! WILL KEEP PRAYING HERE!

Continuing Prayers Ginny - Please update us when you can!!

my prayers are with you and all of your family. I only hope the guy who hit them knows how he has hurt sooo many people!! God bless you and keep us posted.

Ginny, I just read this post for the first time since I was out of town for the weekend and am finally "catching up" with the board. I am so sorry to hear about all of this...we will join in with everyone else and continue to lift your family in prayer. Please know you're in our thoughts and keep us posted on everything whenever you can.
Take care and God bless you and your family.

Ginny, you are in my prayers too. May God bless you & your family in this time. Take care of yourself during all this stress.

I'm sending tons of healing positive energy to you and your family. *HUGS*

Ginny, I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

So sorry to hear about your parents. Lots prayers and hugs going out to you and your family.

Ginny--I am so sorry to hear about your parents. I just read your post for the first time today. I will definitely keep your mom in my prayers. God knows what is best and I will pray for you as well. Take care!!

Ginny my thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope it all gets better. I hope the drunk driver that hits them gets what is coming to him!

You guys are the BEST! :love: :love: I came home to shower and try to nap a bit before heading back. Since I work out of the home, I told my sisters and brothers, "if you just give me time to shower, take in a couple of hours...I'll do the night shifts and days ~ they've got the swing shift hours. She's in the BEST trama hospital in Sacramento, great doctors, nurses, staff. The ambulance attendants came this morning to see her, that was unexpected and sweet of them. The fire dept staff yesterday (used the jaws of life to get Mom out). Even a couple of the Calif Highway Patrol officers came by. We are overwhelmed, yet touched by their kindness and concern...

Dad is FINE:love: :D ...he just worried about Mom. He's hanging in there and reliving the incident every minute of the day. I can tell he's not sleeping much, even though he says he is. It's going to take some time...this is the first time they've been apart in 56 years of marriage.:(

Mom....she's hanging in. Nothing much has changed. Still in a coma, but we're okay with that. We feel it's probably the best way for her body to heal. We talk and read to her all the time and occassionally I asked to her move her fingers if she can hear me...she DOES!!!! :D :love: So far, she's only done that with Robyn and I. We have her listening to her Japanese soap operas (I do too :D ) and music at times too. The grandkids have decorated her ICU room, really cute. They all come in and talk to her every night too. My DD, Robyn, has been AMAZING! She's come along with me to every visit and takes over reading, et. when I get tired. Giving Mom massages, etc. I'm so blessed to have an amazing daughter:thumbup: :thumbup: . Ryan's (son) work schedule has been crazy and he's feeling bad he's not able to be there more often. I tell him it's okay, but still doesn't sit well with him. So you can tell what INCREDIBLE grandparents my parents have been...they all want to be there for Mom/Dad.
My DH has been my ROCK. Without him, I don't think I would be handling this very well at all. He comes and insists my Dad takes walks outside (even though it was over 100 degrees) the other day...they walk and talk about everything BUT Mom...My DH is he best. Dad said to me this morning, "I love taking those walks with Robert. He's such a great friend to me and an awesome husband/father to you guys! You did good Gin"

Kacey ~ got your PM...thanks, just haven't had time to respond. I appreciate your words...Mom WILL come through! I needed that, thanks! Though I'm Buddhist, it's all the same!

Deb ~ I got your email...thanks for that too!

I'll try to update as I can...but sometimes, I just come home, shower and hit the bed. I'm truly blessed to have all you out there saying extra prayers for us. We appreciate it.

THANKS EVERYONE ! ! !

Ginny~

I am glad to hear how supportive your family is...that means so much during times like what you are going through. Keep strong, and know that we even when you aren't able to be on, we are thinking of you and praying for your Mom! You sound hopeful and positive, which is a good thing! Take care of yourself, and BE CAREFUL driving back and forth!! Make sure to eat and sleep enough...don't need you getting sick or in an accident, do we?

With lots of love and {{{HUGS}}}
Kelly

Ginny,
What an absolutely amazing family! I'm sure your Mom is feeling the tremendous love that's around her. Like so many others, I'm keeping her, you, and your family in my prayers.
Kris

Thank you for the update----prayers are still with you!

Prayers are comming your way........................

Ginny - so sorry to read about the accident and your mother's injuries. it's a good sign that she responds to you and your sister - it means she has the will to live. that can overcome so very much. it sounds like she's also built up a lot of good karma - hope it can apply now.

please do keep us cheffers updated - as you can tell you are in many thoughts and prayers (including mine)

Ginny - like I told you on the phone this morning - call me if you need anything... I am right up the street and can do running around for you if you need it! Take care of yourself!

Ginny,

I have been praying for all of you.

By what you have written I can tell your Mom and Dad are very much in love. You are so blessed to have them as role models for your marriage. Seems like you and your husband have a similar relationship. That is so beautiful.

Best wishes to your Mom for a speedy recovery and to you, your Dad and your entire family for the strength to get through each day.

Lisa

ChefLisa said:
By what you have written I can tell your Mom and Dad are very much in love. You are so blessed to have them as role models for your marriage. Seems like you and your husband have a similar relationship. That is so beautiful.

You are absolutely right Lisa...probably is a factor of why my DH and I wil be celebrating our 27th anniversary on Oct 10th this year!

AMAZING NEWS ! ! ! ! !

Mom's out of the coma! She woke up when my Dad was massaging her hands tonight! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad it was Dad there. I think it will help him feel better. We've been telling him it was because of HIM! Of course, the bad side is, she feeling the pain now. But almost the first things out of her mouth was "hurting means I'm healing." Yep Mom, you right!

Everyone is breathing a little easier tonight.

Just had to give you the update....gotta get back to her bedside now...(LOL, I ran to my car...drove a couple blocks where I knew I could access WIFI...on my laptop...back to the hospital before my Dad and brother go home...

Your prayers, well wishes, good thoughts...thanks ~ it worked! Keep them coming because I'm sure Mom has a long road ahead of her!

KellyTheChef said:
Ginny~

I am glad to hear how supportive your family is...that means so much during times like what you are going through.
Kelly

I'm blessed Kelly!

legacypc46 said:
Ginny,
What an absolutely amazing family! I'm sure your Mom is feeling the tremendous love that's around her.
Kris

Yes I do Kris
~ all the grandkids are coming back to the hospital tonight to "see" her "up!" We just told them they only get a couple minutes because we don't want to tire her out ~ she still needs her rest.

Wow! That's great news! I'll keep praying for a full and speedy recovery.

Thank you, Jesus...for hearing our prayers!

Ginny- we will continue to lift her up for a quick recovery, and for help dealing with the pain and (I am sure) therapy to help her get back on her feet!

Such great news! Thanks for letting us know!

Great news to read this morning Ginny! More prayers heading your way.

so glad to "hear" the good news~continued prayers for a speedy recovery!

What great news! Continued prayers going your way. What a testament to her that she has such a loving family! Most any family would come together in a crisis but yours shows genuine love that shines through - a real blessing.

Take care of yourself. You need your rest too.

Kitchen2u said:
You are absolutely right Lisa...probably is a factor of why my DH and I wil be celebrating our 27th anniversary on Oct 10th this year!

AMAZING NEWS ! ! ! ! !

Mom's out of the coma! She woke up when my Dad was massaging her hands tonight! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad it was Dad there. I think it will help him feel better. We've been telling him it was because of HIM! Of course, the bad side is, she feeling the pain now. But almost the first things out of her mouth was "hurting means I'm healing." Yep Mom, you right!

Everyone is breathing a little easier tonight.

Just had to give you the update....gotta get back to her bedside now...(LOL, I ran to my car...drove a couple blocks where I knew I could access WIFI...on my laptop...back to the hospital before my Dad and brother go home...

Your prayers, well wishes, good thoughts...thanks ~ it worked! Keep them coming because I'm sure Mom has a long road ahead of her!
OH GINNY! I AM SO THANKFUL! THE POWER OF PRAYER DOES WORK WONDERS! HOPE SHE FEELS BETTER SOON AND GET'S SOME AWESOME PAIN RELIEVERS!

Hallelujah!!!!!
Continuing the prayers...

Wonderful news! Glad to hear before CS shuts down for awhile.

I just read this post today I am sorry about the accident but I am glad that your mom is out of the coma. She does have a long road ahead of her but she is blessed to have a loving family to help her. You are all in my prayers.

Oh my goodness, I'm SO happy to hear that. I'm sitting here covered in goosebumps from reading your post. Hallelujah!!!!

Praise the Lord!! We'll continue to pray for recovery!:angel:

This is wonderful news Ginny! Will keep all of you in prayer.

That is amazing! Know that our prayers are continuing to surround all of you.

I know you must be soooo happy to see all those prayers at work................!!!!!

Great news Ginny....I just know she'll continue to improve:) Hang in there!

Ginny that is awesome news about your Mom. I will pray for her to continue her recovery.

Oh PRAISE JESUS! I am sooooo excited to hear this news Ginny! More prayers for a speedy recovery coming your mom's way.

:( The doctor warned us this may happen . . . she's back in a coma. :cry:

We're still praying, Gin. (((HUGS)))

Kitchen2u said:
:( The doctor warned us this may happen . . . she's back in a coma. :cry:

Oh, geez. I was about to post a "congrats" type message, then I saw this. If the dr warned you it was possible, then maybe it's in the realm of somewhat normal occurrences. I hope she comes back out of it again SOON.

Continuing to pray for your mom & your family. Hopefully she'll wake again soon & for good.

<H2>1. What should I do if my parents were in a terrible accident?</H2><p>If your parents were in a terrible accident, the first thing you should do is remain calm. It can be a very overwhelming and emotional experience, but staying calm will help you handle the situation better. Make sure your parents receive proper medical attention and follow any instructions from the medical professionals.</p><H2>2. How do I handle the emotions of not knowing what happened to my parents after an accident?</H2><p>Not knowing what happened to your parents after an accident can be a very difficult and emotional experience. It's important to find someone to talk to, whether it's a friend, family member, or even a therapist. Expressing your emotions and talking through your thoughts can help you cope with the situation.</p><H2>3. What should I do if my parents are in different hospitals after an accident?</H2><p>If your parents are in different hospitals after an accident, it's important to prioritize their medical needs. Make sure both hospitals are aware of the situation and have all the necessary information. You may need to divide your time between the two hospitals to provide support and updates to each parent.</p><H2>4. How can I support my parents after they have been in an accident?</H2><p>After your parents have been in an accident, the best way to support them is to be there for them. Offer emotional support, help with any necessary tasks, and communicate with medical professionals on their behalf. It's also important to take care of yourself and get the support you need during this difficult time.</p><H2>5. What can I do if my parent blames themselves for the accident?</H2><p>If your parent blames themselves for the accident, it's important to reassure them that it was not their fault. Remind them that accidents happen and they are not to blame. Offer support and understanding, and encourage them to focus on their recovery rather than dwelling on what happened. Seek outside help if necessary to help your parent cope with any feelings of guilt or self-blame.</p>

1. What should I do if my parents were in a terrible accident?

If your parents were in a terrible accident, the first thing you should do is remain calm. It can be a very overwhelming and emotional experience, but staying calm will help you handle the situation better. Make sure your parents receive proper medical attention and follow any instructions from the medical professionals.

2. How do I handle the emotions of not knowing what happened to my parents after an accident?

Not knowing what happened to your parents after an accident can be a very difficult and emotional experience. It's important to find someone to talk to, whether it's a friend, family member, or even a therapist. Expressing your emotions and talking through your thoughts can help you cope with the situation.

3. What should I do if my parents are in different hospitals after an accident?

If your parents are in different hospitals after an accident, it's important to prioritize their medical needs. Make sure both hospitals are aware of the situation and have all the necessary information. You may need to divide your time between the two hospitals to provide support and updates to each parent.

4. How can I support my parents after they have been in an accident?

After your parents have been in an accident, the best way to support them is to be there for them. Offer emotional support, help with any necessary tasks, and communicate with medical professionals on their behalf. It's also important to take care of yourself and get the support you need during this difficult time.

5. What can I do if my parent blames themselves for the accident?

If your parent blames themselves for the accident, it's important to reassure them that it was not their fault. Remind them that accidents happen and they are not to blame. Offer support and understanding, and encourage them to focus on their recovery rather than dwelling on what happened. Seek outside help if necessary to help your parent cope with any feelings of guilt or self-blame.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • itsjustCarla