• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Went Wrong on Our Thomas the Train Ride?

In summary, KellyKelly had a bad day and was looking forward to going to a Thomas the Train train ride but didn't because her truck wouldn't start. She went to a birthday party instead and her son had a fun time.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Evan and I had a fun weekend planned. We were supposed to go on the train ride Saturday, and today we were supposed to go to a birthday party at one of those fun blow up jumping places (PumpItUp) Here is what ended up happening:

Yesterday we were leaving to drive to go up to the Thomas the Train trainride (50 minute drive) and I stopped at the gas station to fill up, since I only had about a quarter of a tank. It was cold, windy, and rainy so I got back into my truck. (Which BTW, I never do...just wanted my hair to stay looking nice for our train ride and pictures!!) I thought I heard water hitting the cement, and assumed it was rain pouring off of the canopy of the gas station. Wrong! It was gas pouring out of my tank....:eek: :mad: :eek: Somehow it never shut off when it was full....I dumped about $10 of gas all over the ground, and it was pouring out from underneath my truck. It acted funny when I went to start it...and I was only able to pull around to the other side of the parking lot before it died on me. It wouldn't stay running at that point. After calling DH and BAWLING MY EYES OUT I calmed down enough to get some of the excess gas out of the tank (It was clear up to the top so I don't think it could get any pressure since there was no air in there at all.) and it would start but only run for about 20 seconds before shutting down. I didn't want to have it towed to the dealership unless totally necessary, so I called there to ask them about it. They were all gone for the day. Ugh! I just kept messing around with it and eventually the tons of fumes must have cleared out a bit and then it stayed running. But...by this time, I was supposed to BE THERE and we were still 40 minutes away. No Thomas for us. Thankfully, through all of this, Evan was such a trooper and was calm. One the way home, I said we would have to go see Thomas the Train another time and he said "OK Mom." :angel: I thought I was gonna start bawling again it was so sweet. I am still sooooooooooooo thankful that we didn't have to take it to the dealership! That could have been expensive...

We DID get to go to the birthday party at Pump It Up today and he had a fun time. He is totally tired now and hopefully I can get him to bed a bit early tonight. All I want to do is go to bed myself, and I have two shows that I need to close tonight, so I am supposed to be calling them after he goes to bed. I have had a bad headache at the base of my neck today, and over my one eye. Actually it is feeling a bit better now than it did earlier, but I still just feel wiped out.

OK. Done whining now!! lol

Kelly

Kelly, sorry to hear about your bad day :( Thankfully it wasn't more serious. I'm glad Evan was so understanding about missing Thomas...that may have brought tears to my eyes if my son reacted that way...He will enjoy Thomas the Train when you do go...Get some rest now :)

What a little trooper :)
I hope you get some rest and feel better.

Ahhhh! I hope things worked out for you last night. I remember those headaches that I got when I was pregnant! They were a nightmare!

My headache seems to be mostly gone...but I still am getting a "stretching" pain over my left eye and into my forhead. I can feel it especially if I am drinking something (swallowing.) If I remember from being preggo with Evan...that is one of my symptoms of heartburn. I felt it more in my face than anywhere else. Am I the only crazy one, or do others have heartburn like that?

NOTHING during pregnancy is termed crazy! Hope you have relief soon.

Kelly,
hang in there, I had horrible pregnancies and I feel for ya. It's a wonder I had 3 kids because I kept saying after each one I was never getting pregnant again because I suffered horribly for 9 months. I wouldn't trade my kiddos for anything, but I know how you feel and I hope you get some relief soon.
I had horrible headaches in my pregnancy and nothing helped me. I was on a prescription that I had to stop taking once I got pregnant and I was miserable. Do icepacks help? That is one thing that gave me some relief.

Sorry you had such a crappy day! Cars stink!
Where is Pump It Up? We are looking for different things to do with the kids on rainy days and that sounds like a blast! Do they have a web site?

What is "Thomas the Train Ride"?

"Thomas the Train Ride" is a fun and interactive event where children can ride on a life-size replica of Thomas the Tank Engine. It also includes various activities and attractions based on the popular children's television show.

Where and when is "Thomas the Train Ride" available?

The "Thomas the Train Ride" event is available at select locations throughout the year. You can check the official website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for specific dates and locations.

How much does it cost to attend "Thomas the Train Ride"?

The cost of attending "Thomas the Train Ride" varies depending on the location and package you choose. You can visit the official website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for pricing information.

What activities are included in "Thomas the Train Ride"?

Aside from riding on Thomas the Tank Engine, "Thomas the Train Ride" also includes various activities such as storytelling, live music, arts and crafts, and more. Some locations may also have additional attractions, so be sure to check the official website for more details.

Is "Thomas the Train Ride" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Thomas the Train Ride" is suitable for children of all ages. However, some activities may be more suitable for younger or older children, so be sure to check the official website or ask your local Pampered Chef consultant for recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • jillbean
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies