• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Happened During My Chicago Trip?

In summary, the person had a great time in Chicago and thought the conference was better this year. They met some people but also missed others. They had a bad experience with their hotel bill and lost their change purse with money, credit cards, and IDs. They had to file a police report and were worried about being able to board their flight. They had an extra charge on their credit card from the hotel and had to make phone calls to resolve the issue. Despite the negative experience, they were grateful to be home safely and were looking for some good news. Other people at the conference also had negative experiences, such as a break-in at their home and a suicide of a loved one.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
I had a blast this year in Chicago and thought that this year's conference was all around better. I was so glad to meet the Cheffers I did. I still missed quite a few. Well we got soaked at Bubba Gumps last night, no biggie hitched a ride from Kisrae's bro and went back to the Sheraton.

Then today I had one of the worst days I have had in a long time! I went to make corrections to our bill @ the front desk, thought I got it taken care of and they started calling for one of my roomies. Well she had already left for the airport and was already on the plane. Well I went up and it turns out her debit card was declined and they knew this since Monday. Did they tell her or me no. So she said I would get charged the difference since the room was in my name. So I paid for it. 1st Drama

So we walked to the bus stop I pulled out my $2, we got on the bus and got off to take the L to O'Hare. When we got in the train station I realized my change purse was gone. So that means no cash (about $70), no credit cards (including what was left on my conference cash), and no ID's. Oh well I had a starbuck's card as well.

So long story short filed a police report, took the train to the airport w/ no idea if they would let me on the plane or not. I found a cop to see if she could help and she said that it was up to each individual airline whether or not they would let me on the plane. Well they did, but they had to search everything including me. So I am home, cancelled all my cards but came home to an extra charge on my card from the sheraton. So they charged me 3 times. Ugh another phone call to make.

Thank you all for listening I knew you would. Sorry it's so long.

Oh that's TERRIBLE Amanda!! I'm so sorry that happened. :( AT least you're home safe and sound. What a bummer of a way to end conference. At least you know it can't (hopefully!) be any worse next time!!!

What a miserable way to end a great time. Glad you are safely home.

Thanks you guys, my head still hurts from yesterday. Today I am looking for good news.

Awww.... {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you, Amanda. What a mess!

My clustermate had to call the Adam's Mark 3 times to get our room charges cleared up after Leadership. Of course, that's nothing compared to losing your wallet, too.

I feel for you Amanda. I got pick-pocketed in Paris several years ago (never even felt it!!!) and lost all my CC's and some money (thankfully not that much), but replacing your DL is the absolute worst! At least they didn't get my passport.

Oh Amanda ~ so sorry this happened to you! What a BUMMER!

My cluster sister & roommate got a call from her DH Monday night. Their house was broken into to...car stolen, social security cards, credit card bills all over the desk with the card numbers torn off, photo albums, computers, Wiii, tvs, dvd players, CLOTHES & shoes, her wedding dress!, jewelry (including her original wedding ring and grandmother's wedding ring), kids' COMFORTERS! and so much more. They only thing they didn't take was the dog. What a mess!

Also there was a gal who's husband committed suicide while we were at conference. I saw her being whisked by in a wheelchair at Midway (Southwest). Another gal I met at conference told me Jean Jonas set her up with a limo to the airport...so sad! The gal was a TPC achiever too...

Ginny

I think you might be able to renew your drivers license online. Well I know we can in MA. Sorry this happened to you Amanda. Not a nice way to end conference.

Kitchen2u said:

My cluster sister & roommate got a call from her DH Monday night. Their house was broken into to...car stolen, social security cards, credit card bills all over the desk with the card numbers torn off, photo albums, computers, Wiii, tvs, dvd players, CLOTHES & shoes, her wedding dress!, jewelry (including her original wedding ring and grandmother's wedding ring), kids' COMFORTERS! and so much more. They only thing they didn't take was the dog. What a mess!

Also there was a gal who's husband committed suicide while we were at conference. I saw her being whisked by in a wheelchair at Midway (Southwest). Another gal I met at conference told me Jean Jonas set her up with a limo to the airport...so sad! The gal was a TPC achiever too...

Ginny

OMG--those are horrible stories. I have to wonder how someones life could get so bad.

HUGS!!! What a terrible way to end your trip!! Hope you get all the charges figured out!!

Oh man! I'm glad you at least made it home safe & sound...{{{hugs}}}

Omg....how frustrating! I'm sorry this all happened to you. We were very fortunate that a fellow Cluster mate of mine left her change purse in a cab and the cabbie actually brought it back!!!! Can you believe it.Here's hoping everything works out for you. Hugs!

Wow... I thought our bus breaking down and getting us in 2 1/2 hours late was bad!!!!

I had a bad credit card experience at the Hyatt when we used to stay there. They double charged me for my room but insisted that one charge was only a "hold". Well it "held" for 3 months!!! Finally it was cleared up but since then, I have always paid cash for my hotel room right when I check in. Since then... no problems. If my roommates choose to use a credit card, they deal with it. And since then, even at the Hilton, my roomies have had minor problems that needed to be cleared up. I budget for it and save so I can pay cash and it's so great... so much less stress! (Although when I checked in at the Hilton and gave the guy my cash... he owed me some change but didn't know how to get it because he said that no one ever pays cash!!!)

Okay I thought I had a bad experience that tops it.My director called HO today to replace my pc debit card, and my conference cash. She said they called her to apologize that this happened in their city and that they hoped I would come back to conference next year. I had an email waiting for me from them when I got home today. Thanks againg for your support, that's why I love you guys.

Kitchen2u said:

Ginny

OMG - I can't even imagine!!!

(((HUGS))) Amanda. That totally sucks!

That does stink. When something like that happens to me, I try to say that it could have been worse. You didn't get hurt, thank God!

AJPratt That does stink. When something like that happens to me, I try to say that it could have been worse. You didn't get hurt, thank God!

My sister consultant that was w/ me helped a bunch. If she wasn't there I probably would have been stuck in Chicago for longer. She kept pointing out the positive, she even walked back to where we got off the bus and looked in all the trash cans around there to see if someone just took the cash and dropped the rest.

My director asked if I would every take cta again, I told her yes but I would do it totally differently. Oh well lesson learned, on to the next!

Amanda,

What a bummer. That totally sucks... Glad that you made it home and that HO was cool about replacing your PC stuff.

As everyone else has been saying, at least you didn't get hurt and it could have been much worse. But it must have been a major pain when you were exhausted after conference and just wanted to get home!

Glad we got to meet you - even if it was briefly...

Val

Update: I just got home and in my mail was my business card holder that had my ID's, Credit cards, social security card, and a note saying it was found loose in the mail. I am excited that it was mailed back to me, but kinda of bummed that I don't have anyone to thank. I am just glad I got that back.

Amanda, glad to hear you got it back! Especially your social security card! Thank goodness! Just remember to do something nice for someone randomly as your way to pay it forward :)

pamperedalf said:
Update: I just got home and in my mail was my business card holder that had my ID's, Credit cards, social security card, and a note saying it was found loose in the mail.

I am excited that it was mailed back to me, but kinda of bummed that I don't have anyone to thank. I am just glad I got that back.

Yay on getting that back. :D

WOW! I missed this thread the first time around! SOOOO glad you have a happy ending but what a stressfull thing! {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

Wow, I can't believe you got it all back! Yeah:D

I missed this thread first time, too! I am very happy that you got your cards back!

I can't believe some of the other things that were mentioned on this thread....so sad!

I told my husband I was bummed for not being able to thank anyone directly but he said it could have been the person who stole it just dropped it in a mail box because they felt guilty and you don't want to thank them.I am just glad to have it back, now I have to keep an eye out for my social because that was in there.

Isn't it nice to know that there are still honest people out there! Years ago, I had my college ID, credit card, driver's license and $ stolen on a spring break in Daytona - soon after my driver's license was found on the road and mailed home - saved me having to go to the DMV - too bad you couldn't thank anyone!

1. What is "I Have the Chicago Blues!!!"?

"I Have the Chicago Blues!!!" is a cookbook featuring delicious recipes inspired by the flavors and traditions of Chicago.

2. Who created "I Have the Chicago Blues!!!"?

"I Have the Chicago Blues!!!" was created by Pampered Chef, a company dedicated to providing high-quality kitchen tools and recipes to help people create delicious meals at home.

3. What types of recipes are included in "I Have the Chicago Blues!!!"?

"I Have the Chicago Blues!!!" includes a variety of recipes, ranging from classic Chicago dishes such as deep dish pizza and Italian beef sandwiches to modern twists on traditional favorites.

4. Are the recipes in "I Have the Chicago Blues!!!" easy to follow?

Yes, all of the recipes in "I Have the Chicago Blues!!!" are designed to be easy to follow and use simple, everyday ingredients. They are perfect for both experienced cooks and beginners.

5. Can I purchase "I Have the Chicago Blues!!!" online?

Yes, "I Have the Chicago Blues!!!" is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website. You can also purchase it through a Pampered Chef consultant or at a Pampered Chef party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • wadesgirl