• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Do You Hand Out Catalogs at a Show?

I place a folder with the order form, catalog, and survey slip in it on the coffee table at the front of the room.
dianevill
Gold Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm just curious as to when you all hand out catalogs to guests. I usually hand them out (along with the specials, order forms, etc.) within a few minutes of arrival so that guests can browse and chat about products before the show starts. I'm starting to think about waiting until after the demo so that I have everyone's attention during the show (well, mostly everyone's attention - there's always the "gabber"), and so that I can answer product questions after the demo. At least once during every show, I'll have a guest paging through the catalog and then ask multiple questions totally unrelated to what I'm doing, and I have to stop to find the page number or explain the product (of course I don't mind explaining a product, but it does throw things off a bit and takes more time). What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Diane

I used to hand out the catalogs and order forms at the beginning of the show. But now I find that I get more participation in the show if I wait until the very end of the show. I actually find that this also cuts down on the chatter through the show also. I still give them the order forms at the beginning of the show, and have them fill out the top. I then tell them that if they hear me talk about anything during the show that they'd like to have, they can mark it on their wish list.

I give mine out at the beginning. I KNOW I've sold more things this way...or actually the people sitting next to each other sell them to each other! I think once the food is served, other things start to take center stage and they may not "chat" together about their favorite products. It's all personal preference though!!! :)

Becky,
I guess I've gone back and forth on this quite a bit, because I see your point also. Do you ever feel though that they talk themselves out of buying stuff if they have the catalog in their hands too long? I have seen too many order forms with things crossed off by the end of the show.

I guess its personal preference...you'll just have to find you're own way, and see what works for you.

chefbilyeu said:
Becky,
I guess I've gone back and forth on this quite a bit, because I see your point also. Do you ever feel though that they talk themselves out of buying stuff if they have the catalog in their hands too long? I have seen too many order forms with things crossed off by the end of the show.

I guess its personal preference...you'll just have to find you're own way, and see what works for you.
I guess if that IS happening, I haven't been aware of it. Who knows! :confused: It would be interesting to go back and forth between the various methods and seeing if it makes a difference in sales. I know that lots of my shows have guests who've been to numerous shows. They want to see what's new right off the bat so they know what to look for in the demos. But, you're right...it's all personal preference! :D

Uh...Thank you?Thanks Becky and Rebecca. You two are the voices in my head that are saying the same things, which is why I can't decide what to do ;) ! Last night I was going to try waiting to give out the catalogs until after the demo, but the first three people to arrive just sat there and stared at each other - no conversation, even when I tried to engage them. So...I gave in and offered them all catalogs, and they all looked very relieved! I think I'll stick to giving them ahead of time, at least for now.

Thanks again for your input!

Diane

catalog ideaWhat if you asked your host which she/he thought would be better since, most of them booked off of another show so they might have some insight just a thought :)

I place folder on the chais with the order form, catalog, and survey slip in it. I don't mind if people are looking while I'm doing the show.

1. When should I hand out catalogs at a show?

It is recommended to hand out catalogs at the beginning of the show, as guests are arriving and getting settled. This allows them to browse through the catalog while waiting for the show to start.

2. How many catalogs should I hand out at a show?

It is recommended to have at least one catalog per guest, plus extras for potential bookings or future orders. You can also have a few extra catalogs available for guests to share with friends and family who may be interested in Pampered Chef products.

3. Do I need to personally hand out each catalog?

No, you do not need to personally hand out each catalog. You can place them on a table or station for guests to pick up themselves. However, it is a good idea to check in with guests and offer them a catalog if they have not already picked one up.

4. Can I hand out catalogs during the show?

Yes, you can hand out catalogs during the show, but it is recommended to limit distractions during the presentation. You can mention that catalogs are available for guests to look through during breaks or after the show.

5. What should I include in the catalog when handing it out?

When handing out catalogs, be sure to include your personal contact information and any special promotions or discounts you may be offering. You can also include a note or thank you message to make it more personal for your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • ashwee310
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • nay62