• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Passing Out Catalogs at a Show--Before or After Demo?

C
chelynn
When I went to New Consultant Training, they all said they like to pass it out after the demo, so that everyone was paying attention. So I thought I might try that and only hand out a long post-it for writing down a wish list during the demo, but then what do they write on?

How do you do it? Why? Does it work? :)

I have always given the catalogs out in the beginning.

I give them the catalogs, order forms and Guest Care Cards when they walk in the door. I want them thumbing through that thing and writing on that form the whole time! I don't cover near everything in the catalog during a demo. Plus, when I talk about the different collections, I have them turn to the pages in the catalog where the collections are.

Of course, I'm just finishing up my first 30 days tomorrow (with 8 SHOWS!!! YIPEE!!)

I refer to the catalog throughout my demo, and also have them find their favorite product and tell everyone a way that they use it - so the catalog is a part of my demo......and if you do the no-cook demo like Rae - you wouldn't even have a demo w/o the catalog!

MomToEli said:
I give them the catalogs, order forms and Guest Care Cards when they walk in the door. I want them thumbing through that thing and writing on that form the whole time! I don't cover near everything in the catalog during a demo. Plus, when I talk about the different collections, I have them turn to the pages in the catalog where the collections are.

Of course, I'm just finishing up my first 30 days tomorrow (with 8 SHOWS!!! YIPEE!!)
I did that too, with the collections. Also for talking about booking and the half-price combos.

Congrats on the 8 shows in 30 days!!! That is my goal, but I don't know if it will come through. I've had one already, three in the next week, and two catalog shows, but I think one of them is not going to happen. Yay for you for making it happen!!!

On a side note, if I had known that my 30 days started from when I got my kit, I would have waited until I booked more shows. My recruiter told me I could choose when it started, so I ordered the kit right away so I could get the paperwork. I have four more shows scheduled, they just fall after my 30 day mark. :mad: I am SO doing that differently when I get my first recruit!

I'm surprised you are still getting trained as a new consultant to not give catalogs until after the demo. That is how I was trained back in 1995, and I gave that up after about three years. I decided it was better to make the customer happy, and the customers wanted to look at the catalogs. They also like to keep the catalogs and they aren't really that expensive when you consider the commission you are making off of each order, even if they don't ever order from you again. I tell them they may take them, but if they are just going to throw them out then I will use them again. I really like using brand new catalogs at my shows. It's much nicer than wrinkled up ones.

i have them in their seats when they get there. those who arrive early can go ahead and shop and while i am demo'ing they can look up what they like. i sometimes play a game where when i use a product i throw a piece of candy to whoever first calls out the page number of what i am using - that really makes people thumb through the catalog. it's kind of like walmart, the more you look the more you want to buy.

chelynn said:
I did that too, with the collections. Also for talking about booking and the half-price combos.

Congrats on the 8 shows in 30 days!!! That is my goal, but I don't know if it will come through. I've had one already, three in the next week, and two catalog shows, but I think one of them is not going to happen. Yay for you for making it happen!!!

On a side note, if I had known that my 30 days started from when I got my kit, I would have waited until I booked more shows. My recruiter told me I could choose when it started, so I ordered the kit right away so I could get the paperwork. I have four more shows scheduled, they just fall after my 30 day mark. :mad: I am SO doing that differently when I get my first recruit!

Thanks! I am so happy that I've earned enough in PC$ not only to pay for NC, but to be able to get some awesome products, too! I understand we can use our PC$ at the Vendor Market, so I'll be ready!

I'm really sorry that you were not better informed concerning your 30 days. I'm guessing that your recruiter was newer and was just not knowledgeable. At least you are learning what NOT to do with your downline ...

With the old program, you could pick when your first month was. So I think your recruiter just confused the old program with the current one. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

So kick heinie in the rest of your 90 days! :D

jrstephens said:
i have them in their seats when they get there. those who arrive early can go ahead and shop and while i am demo'ing they can look up what they like. i sometimes play a game where when i use a product i throw a piece of candy to whoever first calls out the page number of what i am using - that really makes people thumb through the catalog. it's kind of like walmart, the more you look the more you want to buy.

Semi-hijack, but do you find this game goes over really well? I'm looking to put a little more "pep" in my shows (and my guests) that doesn't involve them talking loudly among themselves while I do my demo. Not that I want complete silence, but a couple of shows I've had the guests talked loudly about (mostly non-TPC related) stuff through the whole demo and I felt like I was competing. :confused:

chefann said:
With the old program, you could pick when your first month was. So I think your recruiter just confused the old program with the current one. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

So kick heinie in the rest of your 90 days! :D
I plan to! :D

Working on my first recruit right now... just lost her work from home job... most of the products on her wish list are in the starter kit... has a show scheduled for June 30th, and sent me a guest list of 40 people!

Awesome!

Here's a tip that I got someplace (I think around here, but maybe from my SD). If she does sign, use any post-show outside orders as her first catalog show. Then she'll already have one show down towards qualifying!

Oooh, great idea! Thanks! :)

I always give the catalog before the demo since it's part of my show. Also, people are smart they can look at a catalog and still listen to what I say.

My guests get a catalog right away. They don't get an order form until after my demo. They do get a blank 1/2 sheet to use as a wish list, to take notes, whatever.

chefann said:
Awesome!

Here's a tip that I got someplace (I think around here, but maybe from my SD). If she does sign, use any post-show outside orders as her first catalog show. Then she'll already have one show down towards qualifying!

THAT is a GREAT idea!! I have a gal that wants to sign on in December. (Her husband will be returning from his deployment then.) I just did a show for her, and I wasn't for sure how to best guide her for her signing on. I thought about possibly asking her to host again in early December, use some of her hostess rewards toward her consultant kit, as well as give her the bookings from her show. (Emphasize this at her show, so guests know they are helping her out.) I like the idea of using outside orders as her first show, as well.

My recruiter was FANTASTIC at helping me get a great start, and I want to do the same.

So, thanks for this idea!!!

raebates said:
My guests get a catalog right away. They don't get an order form until after my demo. They do get a blank 1/2 sheet to use as a wish list, to take notes, whatever.
THIS is what I was looking for! My brain just couldn't put together the best solution, and this is what I was trying to get at!

Thanks!!!

I'm glad that you guys shared the give catalog before or after on this thread. I have been wondering about that myself.

I don't know anyone in my upline. I am completely alone. I was a guest at a show and then decided to join.(Boy...that was an easy recruit for her) I wish my recruiter had told me about the new consultant rewards program and how important my first thirty days were. I had my kit sent to Connecticut a month before I got there. Oh well. Now, my recruiter has left my area and I haven't heard from her. I really felt alone so I am so glad that I found this website. I will definitely be active with any recruits that I may find. It stinks not having any training at all.

northern_sunshine said:
Semi-hijack, but do you find this game goes over really well? I'm looking to put a little more "pep" in my shows (and my guests) that doesn't involve them talking loudly among themselves while I do my demo. Not that I want complete silence, but a couple of shows I've had the guests talked loudly about (mostly non-TPC related) stuff through the whole demo and I felt like I was competing. :confused:

I really like doing GILI/LIWI... especially the first few months while I was not sure what words to say to sell things. This really helped because the other guests did all of the selling for me. Of course, you have to have guests that have or know about PC products... they are the best players. Maybe with your "talkative" guests, you can toss candy at the person that can name a PC product that would take the place of the non-PC product they are talking about.

I think I am going to try the GILI/LIWI at my show tommorrow. My host and one of her good friends have a TON of products and I think the other people have quite a few pieces so hopefully the "fever" will spread.

So....throw a piece of candy to everyone who says either phrase or just the first one? Then if the LIWI tell them to write it on the back of their drawing slip. Does the most LIWIs win a prize and the most GILI win a prize too?

Since I toss the same candies to everyone, it's just the person with the most candies.

How do you do it?

To pass out catalogs at a show, you can either distribute them before or after the product demonstration. If you choose to hand them out before, you can ask attendees to browse through the catalog while waiting for the demo to start. If you prefer to give them out after, you can explain the benefits and features of the products during the demo and then distribute the catalogs for attendees to take home.

Why?

The reason for choosing to pass out catalogs before or after the demo may vary depending on the consultant's preference. Some consultants find it more effective to distribute catalogs after the demo because it ensures that attendees are paying attention to the products being presented. Others may choose to hand them out before to give attendees a chance to familiarize themselves with the products beforehand.

Does it work?

Both methods of passing out catalogs can be effective, but it ultimately depends on the consultant's presentation style and the audience. Some may find that distributing catalogs after the demo results in more sales as attendees are more engaged and motivated to make a purchase. Others may prefer to provide catalogs beforehand to give attendees a better understanding of the products and encourage them to make a wishlist.

What do they write on?

If you choose to only provide a long post-it for attendees to write down their wishlist during the demo, you can have them use the back of the post-it to write on. Alternatively, you can also provide small notepads or blank pieces of paper for attendees to jot down their desired products. It's important to have a designated space for attendees to write down their wishlist to make it easier for them to remember and refer to later on.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kattyschack
  • ashwee310