• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience a Unique Demo and Wine Tasting Event at Our Store

In summary, the author is working with the owner of a wine store to put together a combination PC demo and wine tasting. They thought of doing a straight demo rather than interactive, having the tastings before, during, and after the demo. Has anyone done this before? They reflect on their experiences and ask others for advice. They would have the tastings before, during, after, during order taking, etc. They don't know if they would like to do a nightclub demo. There is a new winery opening up near them and this would be a lot of fun.
susanr613
Gold Member
Hello:

I am working with the owner of a wine store to put together a combination PC demo and wine tasting. I thought of doing a straight demo rather than interactive, having the tastings before, during, and after my demo.

Has anyone done this before? Reflections? Lessons learned? Ideas to share?

Thanks so much -

No, but VERY interesting. When you have it please share how it turns out.

I would have them tast before, during, after demo, during order taking, etc. etc. Don't they spend more then? LOL!

Hi,
I've never done one before but we hosted one of our clusters at a wine/oil store. We had fun and learned a lot about wines and olive oils.

I guess the one thing I'd say is to make foods to pair with wines. The foods I'm thinking of are cheeses (cheese knive & board), chocolate (either a trifle, tuxedo brownies, etc.), meat (maybe the 20 tenderloin if you have a microwave in the DCB). Thats what I'd think of. Ask the wine store what their expectations may be just in case they are different then what you are thinking. If you can do the cheese first, the meat, and chocolate last would be GREAT!! Do it like you would a meal.

Okay Enough blabbering from someone who has never done this but Darn it I think I'll call my hospitality cluster director and see what she thinks of us doing it together! ha ha

I had someone ask me about doing a PC show in a nightclub?????don't know how I feel about that?

Um....I would get SOOOO sidetracked and forget about actually "working"! LOL!!

Mmmm...me thinky I might uncorked one of those Spanish wines DH brought home last summer...........

I want this kind of gig! We are VERY good customers at Bella Vino around the corner from us~I might have to inquire about this kind of demo!

I would love to hear more ideas on this, how it would work! I have two wine stores in my area and I am on great terms with both owners. What might this look like?
Lorna

if you are on great terms with the owners, ask THEM! Don't wait!! Okay as I said before, I've never done this but I'm working on getting out of my comfort zone. Ask them if they'd help you/you help them and do a wine tasting one night. You would split the cost of advertising (flyers, maybe postcards {Vistaprint}) and you pay for the food, they pay for the wine. Then plan the food together with the right wines and I bet it could be great!

We just had a new winery open up by our house. The mayor and a friend of a friend own it. This would be so much fun there! Great idea!

1. What types of products do you typically demonstrate at a wine store?

At a wine store demo, we typically showcase our kitchen tools and gadgets that are perfect for entertaining and cooking with wine. This includes items like our wine bottle opener, aerators, and wine glasses.

2. Do you offer any special deals or promotions at wine store demos?

Yes, we often have exclusive promotions and discounts available for customers who purchase products at our wine store demos. Be sure to ask your Pampered Chef consultant for more details!

3. Can I taste the food prepared during the demo?

Unfortunately, due to health and safety regulations, we are unable to offer food samples at our wine store demos. However, our consultants are happy to share recipes and tips for using our products to create delicious dishes at home.

4. How long do the demos usually last?

Our demos at wine stores typically last around 1-2 hours, depending on the size of the crowd and the number of products being demonstrated. This allows enough time for a thorough presentation and any questions or purchases from customers.

5. Do I need to make a reservation or can I just show up to the demo?

While reservations are not required, we highly recommend making one to ensure your spot at the demo. This also allows our consultant to prepare enough materials and products for the event. You can contact your consultant or the wine store hosting the demo to make a reservation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookin to the top
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Chef Meagan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cmcosker