• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host a Fun and Unique Wine Tasting Party: Tips and Ideas for a Successful Event

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of wine tasting parties and how they have been successful for some consultants. Various tips and ideas were shared, such as using wine and cheese as a theme for a party, incorporating PC products, and getting a guest who is knowledgeable about wine to give a presentation. The cost of hosting a wine tasting party was also discussed, with some consultants using free wine samples from a direct sales company and others having the host purchase a few bottles of wine. Overall, the conversation highlighted the potential benefits and challenges of hosting a wine tasting party.
Chef Endora
Gold Member
Has anyone tried a wine tasting party? I am looking for tips & ideas.
Our AD has been doing some & they have gone over well. She discussed this at our meeting Thurs & will email us her format. She doesn't do a demo & does this show mostly as an alternative when she knows the host/guests are veterans of PC. She offers it as an option on her personal drawing slips and believes people book who wouldn't otherwise.

With the holidays coming, I think it would go over well as a fun theme when everyone seems to be getting partied out by DS & home shows. Also, perfect timing with the SA specials for November.

When she sends her info I will post it. I was just wondering if anyone else was doing this format and how its working for you.

TIA:)

Very nice!
That would be great!
Cheese Board, Cheese knife,
Simple Additions...
sorta a take on the entertaining with ease type show...

Get some good tips off of the internet about wines and cheeses, what goes good with what and when to drink what kind of wines...
Dessert wines...maybe make truffles with the coating trays.

Discuss the health benefits to wine.

Good luck with it, I'd love to hear what your AD says! and how your show goes!

So, would the host provide all the wine? That would get pretty expensive I would imagine, but if they were up to the expense of it, that would be great. Getting someone there who knows a lot about wine would be fun. There are a couple wine-related direct sales companies out there, The Traveling Vineyard being one. They do wine tastings and bring free bottles of wine to try. Of course, their hope is that people will place orders. My husband and I did a wine tasting party, but it was kind of a bust. Lots of people came (well, about 15 or so), but only two placed orders! It didn't even count as a show (had to be $250 to get even the smallest host benefit) and I felt badly for the consultant that not more people ordered. Many people liked the educational part of it, but I guess weren't motivated to buy their own wine.

Anyway, that's another spin on it, but if there's a particular guest or friend who knows a lot about wine, maybe you can entice them to give a little presentation. Give them a free little product or a discount as a thank you.:) I love all the various cheese recipes, so that would go really well. It's a fun theme if you can get a host who's into wine and doesn't mind the expense!:)

I'll send my DH
wine is his hobby
we host a wine and cheese party every summer for the women in the neighborhood. The first year it was an "official" kind with him serving, the glass dumping, sniffing, (it killed them to sip & dump the wine) and we had the food for each type of wine. It was an extremely expensive night we had 12 women

the following years I have asked everyone to bring either an appetizer or dessert , and we swim or sit in the hot tub.

this year the husbands crashed the party and next summer I've been told they have to be invited.

Yeah... I just recently did the Traveling Vineyard thing and made it most about TV but I used all PC products to display and serve the Cheese and crackers, and made Warm Nutty Brownies at the end and gave out recipe cards. So if nothing else comes of it many of my guest took home my catalogs with info and they saw how easy it really is to entertain with PC products.

I did a combo show with a DS company called Shop wine at home or something and it wasn't a great show for me because they spent $$ on wine too it just barely qualifed at $200ish. Anyways, The host had to buy 6 bottles of wine for $60 (eek) to host the party! I like Becky's Ds company who brought FREE wine to sample! And their host rewards weren't anything at all for FREE they just got discounts on their personal wine selection depending on their total sales! I'd never do a party with that company!

My AD has done about 15 of these shows so far. She hosted a TV show & learned wine facts there. She has the host purchase about 4 bottles of wine that are about $10 or less. She has been doing the Brie cheese appetizers and brings Beer Bread & She makes at home and the Southwestern & Dill dips. It is a great way to show off the entertaining pieces & some of the pantry items. If the host doesn't have a lot of wine glasses, she has the guests bring their favorite wine glass with them. (She does the invites).

She puts on an excellent show & is featured on a training CD from 2006 NC
(Julie Cicero) Its available on the supply order.

Now we want her to tape her Wine Tasing show for us!

When she sends out the info, I'll post it.

Thanks for the ideas & feedback!

I just received the show outline from my AD & hopefully will attach it correctly.

Let me know your thoughts or ideas.

TIA

Attachments

• Wine Tasting Pampered Chef Show.doc
    32 KB · Views: 973
Thanks for the attachment Chef Endora! I have a show on the 27th and the host is a wine distributor so there will be tons of wine. We've been going back and forth on food selections so this helps me!

You're welcome. Please let me know how it goes & any suggestions, tips, etc. they may have would be appreciated. I haven't tried this yet but plan to as something different for those who have been to tons of PC parties.

1. What is a Wine Tasting Party?

A Wine Tasting Party is a fun and educational event where guests can sample different types of wine and learn about their unique flavors and characteristics. It is a great way to socialize with friends while expanding your knowledge about wine.

2. How do I host a Wine Tasting Party?

To host a Wine Tasting Party, you will need to invite your friends and family, select a variety of wines to taste, and provide some light snacks. You can also use our Pampered Chef wine accessories to enhance the tasting experience. Our consultants can also help you plan and host the perfect party.

3. Can I customize the wines for my Wine Tasting Party?

Yes, you can customize the wines for your party based on your personal preferences or theme. Our consultants can help you select the perfect wines for your tasting and provide recommendations for food pairings.

4. Do I need to be a wine expert to host a Wine Tasting Party?

No, you do not need to be a wine expert to host a Wine Tasting Party. Our consultants will guide you through the tasting process and provide information about each wine. It is a great opportunity to learn and discover new wines.

5. Is there a minimum number of guests required for a Wine Tasting Party?

No, there is no minimum number of guests required for a Wine Tasting Party. You can host a party with just a few friends or a larger group. Our consultants can accommodate parties of any size and make sure everyone has a great time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennLizFran
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies