• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Wants More Catalogs After the Show

think that it would be a good idea to apologize and explain that you are having a hard time coming up with enough catalogs and that people should be directed to your website or given mini-catalogs to take with them.
babywings76
Gold Member
My host wants 8 catalogs to hand out to people who requested to see one to possibly place outside orders. I'm afraid I won't have enough for my show on Tuesday if I do that. I gave her 6, but she's expecting me to bring her 2 more when I see her at church tomorrow. What would you do?
I just placed a supply order yesterday, but that won't be here in time for Tuesday. SHould I ask my director if I can borrow some?

Do you have your own website? I leave 2 catalogs after the show and tell her everything is on my website.

Either that, or tell your host to direct them to your website...even easier than her trying to get a catty to someone!

I told her about the website, and she was going to tell people about going to it, but she really was expecting me to give her as many catalogs as she asked for. Since I just am concerned about not having enough for my show on Tuesday, I'm wondering how I should just tell her that the 6 I gave her is all I can do, and that people need to be directed to the website. It's all in the wording with this host. We've been friends for years, yet I still feel uneasy at times with her, like she has a lot of expectations.

babywings76 said:
I told her about the website, and she was going to tell people about going to it, but she really was expecting me to give her as many catalogs as she asked for. Since I just am concerned about not having enough for my show on Tuesday, I'm wondering how I should just tell her that the 6 I gave her is all I can do, and that people need to be directed to the website. It's all in the wording with this host. We've been friends for years, yet I still feel uneasy at times with her, like she has a lot of expectations.
Why don't you call her today and tell her you were looking through your things and realized you don't have enough catalogs for your next show, so you can't spare any more for her. That way she won't be let down when you show up with nothing to give her tomorrow. It's the truth, so there is no problem telling her. She'll be fine, and if she isn't then it's not really your fault. Easier said than done, probably, but what can you do? Be strong in your mind and with your explanation.

Wow! I give my hosts 2 catalogs in their host packet, along with their own that they got from the show they attended. If they ask for more catalogs - I give them 2 more.
I would suggest that if she wants more, you give her mini cats. with instructions on them of how to browse the catalog online.

Thanks, I think I'll do that. I need to buy a backbone. ;) Sometimes, I just find myself apologizing for things and then I look back and think it makes me seem inexperienced and not sure of myself (which is true). I just want to do a great job and have people think I'm on top of things, but that's been a bit of a challenge for me with juggling 4 kids and losing my mind. ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! I give my hosts 2 catalogs in their host packet, along with their own that they got from the show they attended. If they ask for more catalogs - I give them 2 more.
I would suggest that if she wants more, you give her mini cats. with instructions on them of how to browse the catalog online.

True, I do have mini's available. I'll call her and tell her that I'm out of full ones, but she is welcome to show them the mini's and then they can view the full catalog on my website, etc. Thanks you guys! :)

babywings76 said:
Thanks, I think I'll do that. I need to buy a backbone. ;) Sometimes, I just find myself apologizing for things and then I look back and think it makes me seem inexperienced and not sure of myself (which is true). I just want to do a great job and have people think I'm on top of things, but that's been a bit of a challenge for me with juggling 4 kids and losing my mind. ;)

Amanda~

That normally comes with practice and experience...there are many things that I have NO PROBLEM stating like "this is the way I run my business" NOW...but in the beginning I just couldn't do it!

I still have the personality where I don't like confrontation, so I give in sometimes even when I shouldn't. Don't feel bad!

Its hard to tell people how you want to run your business. I know how that can be.
I just found some backbone for a past hostess. She has emailed me asking for a catalog for her grandson's fundraiser he is having at school, but guess what its not even through me!
I told her I didn't have very many left, call the school they may have some. Or look at my website and call in the order.
Then she emails me again, this time asking for a reg book and a holiday book. I again tell her I don't have that many left and I have several shows coming up. Told her to call the consultant doing the show, or again look through my website, everything on there is in the book (sounds like they are doing the whole book for the fundraiser) She wanted to holiday book also, I told her I don't purchase those and the consultant may have some.
I know she was a past host, but its not even through me! I would have to mail the books and have the cost of the books too! If I had extras maybe, But I don't have any to spare right now.

Kelly

1. How many extra catalogs can I order after my Pampered Chef show?

You can order as many extra catalogs as you need for your show, as long as you place the order before your show date. We recommend ordering a few extra just in case.

2. How much do extra catalogs cost?

The cost of extra catalogs varies depending on the quantity ordered. Please contact your Pampered Chef consultant for pricing information.

3. Can I customize the extra catalogs with my host information?

Yes, you can customize your extra catalogs with your host information, such as your name and show date. This is a great way to personalize the catalogs and make them stand out.

4. How long will it take for the extra catalogs to arrive?

The extra catalogs will typically arrive within 2-3 business days after you place your order. If you need them sooner, please let your Pampered Chef consultant know and they may be able to expedite the shipping.

5. Can I return any unused extra catalogs?

Unfortunately, we do not accept returns on any unused extra catalogs. We recommend ordering only the quantity you need for your show to avoid any excess catalogs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ashwee310