• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Recipe for a Kids Birthday Cake?

In summary, there are several options for making a birthday cake that is easy for kids to decorate. One option is to use a sheet cake and let the kids decorate it with frosting and toppings. For a healthier version, you can use whole wheat or gluten-free cake mix and add pureed fruits or vegetables for added nutrients. If your child has food allergies, there are many allergy-friendly cake recipes available. To make a themed cake, you can use a shaped pan or decorate a regular cake to match your child's favorite character. And finally, you can make the cake in advance and freeze it for up to 3 months before serving.
stefani2
Does anyone have the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte recipe - I searched it on line and can't find it.

Any other suggestions for a kids birthday cake?

It's in theSpring/summer 2006 Season's best.
Ice Cream Sandwich Torte
1 c. coarsly chopped oreos (10 cookies)
1/2 c. milk
1 (3.9 oz) chocolate instant pudding mix
1 (12 Oz.) Cool whip
12 Ice Cream Sandwiches
2 Tbl. chocolate chips-grated or multi-colored sprinkles

1. Coarsely chop cookies using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine milk and pudding mix, whisk using Stainless Whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Immediately fold in half of the Cool whip and the cookies using Classic Scraper; set filling aside.
2. Working quickly, arrange six of the ice cream sand. side by side on Simple Additions Large Platter. Spread filling evenly over sandwiches using Small Spreader. Top with remaining ice cream sand., forming a rectangle-shaped torte; smooth sides. Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of torte. Grate chocolate over torte using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Freeze 30 minutes or until ready to serve.

Hope there are no typo's, I am heading out the door. This is super delish!!
Deb

Thanks for posting the recipe! I thought I had it saved in my PC recipes, but didn't!

BTW- this works out PERFECTLY in the rectangle Chillzanne. I just take the insert out and make it right in the bottom. Then, you have a lid that won't smash your cake!

My DSS asked for this for his last two birthday cakes!

I actually make mine on the insert so it melts slower :) It never stays around long enough for the need of a lid :)

Can I make the CoolWhip/pudding mixture ahead of time?

stefani2 said:
Can I make the CoolWhip/pudding mixture ahead of time?

I wouldn't...it's easier to spread before it sets up too much.

1. How can I make a birthday cake that is easy for kids to decorate?

One easy and fun option is to use a sheet cake and let the kids decorate it with different colored frosting, sprinkles, and candy toppings.

2. Can I make a healthier version of a kids' birthday cake?

A healthier option is to use a whole wheat or gluten-free cake mix, and add pureed fruits or vegetables like applesauce or carrot puree for added nutrients.

3. How can I make a birthday cake for a child with food allergies?

There are many allergy-friendly cake recipes available, using substitutes like almond or coconut flour, vegan butter, and dairy-free milk. Just be sure to check all ingredients for allergens.

4. How can I make a themed birthday cake for my child's favorite character?

You can use a shaped cake pan or make a regular round or sheet cake and decorate it with frosting and edible decorations to match your child's favorite character.

5. Can I make a birthday cake in advance and freeze it?

Yes, you can bake and decorate the cake in advance, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then foil, and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kimdeb
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kimdeb
  • Deb V
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefdianne