• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Searching for a DCB Dessert Recipe

In summary, the conversation is about a person asking if anyone knows a recipe for a dessert made in a Deep Covered Baker (DCB) that includes cake, icing, rolos, and caramel. Another person suggests a similar recipe for warm caramel nutty brownies made in a bar pan. Eventually, the recipe for Turtle Fudge Chocolate Cake in the DCB is shared, which includes devil's food cake mix, chocolate frosting, caramel ice cream topping, pecans, chocolate chips, and rolos. The recipe is microwaved in the DCB and topped with a mixture of caramel and chocolate chips, as well as more caramel sauce and pecans. The original recipe was shared by denise703.
Junderwood2009
Hello All!

I have a quick question- I saw a recipe the other day and it was a dessert made in the dcb. I think it was a cake with icing, rolos, and caramel? I should have copied it, but of course I didn't and now I can't find it.

Does anyone know what recipe I am thinking of? If so, can someone post it?

Thanks in advance!

The only thing that I know of that comes close to that would be the warm carmelnutty brownies. Not originally done in the DCB, done in the bar pan. But it sounds intriguing. May have to try it.

Look down a little farther. It's in a thread called Turtle Fudge Cake in DCB.

Last edited:
Here you go...

TURTLE FUDGE CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 box devil’s food cake mix plus ingredients to make cake
1 tub of chocolate frosting
1 small jar of caramel ice cream topping
1 cup of pecans (toasted)
1.5 cup of chocolate chips
2 rolls of Rolo candies

In Deep Covered Baker mix eggs, oil and water (according to cake box). Add cake mix and mix well. Stir in ½ cup of chocolate chips and ½ cup of toasted pecans (toast them in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between for a total of 2 minutes.)

Dollop entire can of frosting on top of cake batter. Do not mix in. Put lid on baker and microwave for 13-15 minutes. Test for doneness by using a large spatula to lift the cake away from the sides of the baker on all four sides, one side at a time.

When cake is done, pour 1 cup of caramel ice cream topping and 1 cup of chocolate chips in microwave save dish, microwave for 1 minute. Stir mixture together until melted and combined completely. Unwrap Rolos and push into the cooked cake at even intervals. Pour chocolate/caramel mixture over top of cake. Drizzle with more caramel sauce and sprinkle remaining pecans on top. Serve warm.

Thanks to denise703 for the original recipe :)

YaY! That's it! Thank you so so much!

1. What is a DCB dessert recipe?

A DCB dessert recipe is a recipe that utilizes the Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef to create delicious and easy desserts. The Deep Covered Baker is an oven-safe stoneware dish that allows for even cooking and can be used for a variety of dishes, including desserts.

2. Can you provide some examples of DCB dessert recipes?

Sure! Some popular DCB dessert recipes include chocolate lava cake, apple crisp, peach cobbler, and molten chocolate brownies. These recipes are all easy to make and yield delicious results that are perfect for any occasion.

3. Do I need any special ingredients or tools to make a DCB dessert recipe?

No, you do not need any special ingredients or tools to make a DCB dessert recipe. Simply follow the instructions provided in the recipe and use the Deep Covered Baker as directed. If you do not have a Deep Covered Baker, you can also use a similar oven-safe stoneware dish.

4. Are there any tips or tricks for making a successful DCB dessert?

Yes, there are a few tips and tricks that can help ensure your DCB dessert turns out perfectly. Make sure to preheat your oven before baking, use room temperature ingredients, and follow the recipe closely. You can also lightly coat the inside of the Deep Covered Baker with cooking spray to prevent sticking.

5. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker for non-dessert recipes?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker can be used for a variety of dishes, including main courses, side dishes, and desserts. It is a versatile tool that can help you create delicious meals for your family and friends. Check out our website for more recipe ideas using the Deep Covered Baker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristamk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janakaylie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lescalvelage