• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Have a Whipped Icing Recipe?

In summary, the conversation was about making a white cake with whipped cream icing for a son's birthday. Suggestions were given to try using canned icing, a Buttercream Frosting recipe, or a recipe with Crisco. The goal was to recreate the whipped icing found on bakery cakes.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
My son has requested a white cake for his birthday with whipped cream icing like the bakery puts on cakes. He wants me to make it but, I've never made whipped icing. Any cake decoraters who are willing to share their recipe?
thanks
Teresa

Have you tried just taking a can of icing and putting it in your stand mixer and whipping it? Sometimes it can make it lighter. Try that and see if that is what he wants. If it is, BONUS! If not, you can try something else.

I don't know how the bakery's do it, but a little cheat that my mom does sometimes is whips the frosting out of the tub, it makes a nice whipped frosting in a jam!

haha, great minds think alike;)

uh, no he doesn't like canned frosting ever, this is like you find on wedding cakes.

I found this Buttercream Frosting recipe online:INGREDIENTS: * 1 cup butter, softened
* 6-7 cups powdered or confectioner's sugar
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 6-9 Tbsp. milk
* 2 tsp. vanillaPREPARATION:
In large bowl, cream butter until very fluffy. Add part of the sugar and salt and beat again. Continue adding sugar and milk in small batches, alternately, beating until very fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Fill and frost cake.Variations: Stir in about 1/2 cup of peanut butter after it's made for Peanut Butter frosting. Beat in 2 squares melted unsweetened chocolate at the very end for Chocolate frosting.

I "think" it has Crisco?!!?!?
I always order it from a friend of ours who does all our cakes (feel weird asking for her recipe since it is her business) This year he wants it homemade by mom & we will be camping in Galveston not taking a cake 6 hours I'll bake & decorate it while we are there

Here's another that is "like the icing used on wedding cakes"
1/4 c. Crisco
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. powdered sugarBeat well, then add 3/4 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 cup milk.

1. Can I use any type of cream for this whipped icing recipe?

Yes, you can use heavy cream, whipping cream, or even coconut cream for a dairy-free option. Just make sure it is cold before whipping.

2. How long will the whipped icing last once made?

The whipped icing can last up to 3 days in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container. Just make sure to give it a quick stir before using again.

3. Can I add flavorings or color to the whipped icing?

Yes, you can add any flavorings or food coloring to the whipped icing to customize it for your recipe. Just make sure to add them in slowly and taste as you go to get the desired flavor.

4. Can I make the whipped icing ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the whipped icing ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. Just give it a quick stir before using to ensure it is still light and fluffy.

5. Is this whipped icing recipe suitable for decorating cakes?

Yes, this whipped icing is great for decorating cakes and cupcakes. Just make sure to keep it refrigerated until ready to use and use a piping bag for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Lynn
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • Chefgirl2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • Intrepid_Chef