• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Help Me! I Need Feriale Yan's Chocolate Ganache Recipe

In summary, the author of this recipe says to microwave 1 minute with 4 oz of cool whip and 3/4 cup of chocolate chips.
Chefgirl2
Gold Member
I'm doing an ice cream show for a huge group on Saturday and there is NO way that I'm buying our sauces for all of them. I have it all planned out except I can't find my recipe for Chocolate Ganache that I got from one of the conference classes I took where Feriale spoke.

I know it had just two ingredients: Cool Whip(aka frozen whipped topping- thawed) and semi sweet chocolate chips.

When hot it makes the BEST topping for ice cream, when it starts to cool you can pour it and make a smooth topping or you can let it cool for a spreadable topping. I think she called it Chocolate Ganache. She told us how to make real ganache with heavy whipping cream, but that this was so easy. I made it for so many shows and now I can't find the recipe.

I'm pretty sure it's 8 ounces of cool whip. I need to know how much chocolate chips and how long to cook the mixture in the microwave.
...and any other tips that you remember will be helpful, too!

Thanks!

I don't have the notes you're looking for, but it sounds very similar to the ganache that goes on the Chocolate Velvet cake with Strawberries. That ganache is melted vanilla ice cream (the cool whip) and chocolate morsels. You add the morsels to the ice cream and nuke it for about 60 seconds. stir and heaven!!

I just made something that had a coating of Chocolate - and it used Frozen Cool Whip and chocolate. I thought it was really weird, but it worked!

You could use semi-sweet choc chips instead if the Squares, I am sure.

Not sure if this will help you not.
It was for Buckeye bars, but here is the chocolate part:

1/2 of 8-oz. tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
3 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate

MICROWAVE COOL WHIP and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min.; stir. Microwave 15 to 30 sec. or until chocolate is melted; stir until well blended. Spread over peanut butter layer.

I need to remember what recipe it was...but there is a PC one I've made recently where it has you mix a certain amount of thawed Cool Whip with semi sweet morsels and it makes a ganache.Shoot, now I need to remember which it was. :blushing: (I'll pop back when I remember it! ;))

I remember! I actually posted about this recipe, too, because I had a question about the cool whip! lolIt was the Chocolate Fiery Torte from the Simply Sweet Cookbook. The recipe calls for 12 oz of Cool Whip. You use 2 1/2 cups of the Cool Whip for the filling of the torte, and then use the rest to make the Ganache. It's the rest of Cool Whip plus 1 cup of morsels. Microwave 40-60 seconds, stirring after every 20 seconds.Hope that helps!

If you have an old Celebrate Cookbook - it's one of the fillings for the mini tart recipe. There is a lemon filling, and a chocolate ganache filling. I remember it, but I can't find my cookbook - sorry! I know it was just cool whip and chocolate chips, but I can't remember the ratios.

Here's the recipe Becky mentioned from the Celebrate cookbook. Hopefully she's right and that's the ganache...same ingredients. Good luck! :D

Attachments

• Teatime Tartlets.doc
    23 KB · Views: 462
babywings76 said:
I remember! I actually posted about this recipe, too, because I had a question about the cool whip! lol

It was the Chocolate Fiery Torte from the Simply Sweet Cookbook. The recipe calls for 12 oz of Cool Whip. You use 2 1/2 cups of the Cool Whip for the filling of the torte, and then use the rest to make the Ganache. It's the rest of Cool Whip plus 1 cup of morsels. Microwave 40-60 seconds, stirring after every 20 seconds.

Hope that helps!

The cover recipe of All The Best starts out this way too. 4 oz cool whip and 3/4 cup chocolate chips, microwave 1 minute. I have stopped there lots of time to make an amazing fudge topping for ice cream and other desserts. Not suew if that would work as a ganache though...

You all ROCK!! I guess I'm going to "have" to make sundaes tonight and experiment:)

1. What are the ingredients needed for Feriale Yan's Chocolate Ganache Recipe?

The ingredients needed for this recipe are: 1 cup heavy cream, 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.

2. Can I use milk chocolate instead of bittersweet chocolate for this recipe?

Yes, you can use milk chocolate instead of bittersweet chocolate if you prefer a sweeter taste. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar added to the recipe accordingly.

3. How do I make sure the ganache comes out smooth and creamy?

To achieve a smooth and creamy ganache, make sure to use a high-quality chocolate and heat the heavy cream just until it starts to simmer. Also, be sure to stir constantly while combining the chocolate and cream.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and store it?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Just reheat it in the microwave or on the stove before using.

5. How can I use Feriale Yan's Chocolate Ganache in my Pampered Chef products?

Feriale Yan's Chocolate Ganache can be used in a variety of Pampered Chef products, such as the Chocolate Drizzler, Dip & Drizzle Melting Pot, and the Small Micro-Cooker. It can be drizzled over desserts, used as a dip for fruits, or even as a filling for pastries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies