• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream/Rice Krispie Treats...recipe??

In summary, this recipe calls for melted margarine, KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, and then decorating the mixture with individual marshmallows. The recipe has been tested and endorsed by Kellogg and Rice Krispies.
Lynnieray
A consultant I know made an ice cream recipe...I need the directions???

She made it in the pie plate, on the bottom was rice krispie treats, then she scooped out ice cream and filled in the openings with cool whip and added strawberries on top.....

I wanted to make it today for my 4th of July barbeque.....

I got this off the Rice Krispie website. Perhaps this is what you were thinking of?

Crunchy Freeze

Prep Time:
20 minutes
Total Time:
2 hours 50 minutes
Servings:
Ingredients

* 1/2 cup margarine or butter
* 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies®
* or Cocoa Rice Krispies®
* 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
* 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut
* 1 cup pecans, broken
* 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, slightly softened

Directions
1. Melt margarine in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan at 300° F about 10 minutes or until just melted. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, sugar, coconut and nuts. Mix well. Return to oven for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently until evenly browned. Cool completely.

2. Remove half of mixture from baking pan. Spread remaining mixture evenly in pan. Place slices of ice cream on top of cereal mixture, smoothing top. Sprinkle remaining cereal mixture over ice cream, pressing lightly. Freeze about 2 hours or until hardened. Scoop Crunchy Freeze into dessert cups. Serve immediately.

This recipe has been tested and endorsed by Kellogg and Rice Krispies®.
®, ™, © 2007 Kellogg NA Co. Kellogg Kitchens™ recipes are the property of Kellogg Company.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Here's a great 4th of July Recipe too. I bet the star bread tube would be a good "cookie cutter," although the discontinued Kid's kit also had a star cookie cutter.

Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® Fourth of July Cut-Outs
This recipe has been tested and endorsed by Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®.

Prep Time
40 minutes
Total Time
40 minutes
Servings
Ingredients

* 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
* 1 package (10 oz. about 40) regular marshmallows
* or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
* 6 cups Rice Krispies®
* or 6 cups Cocoa Rice Krispies®
* Red, white and blue candy jimmies
* 12 wooden ice cream sticks

Directions

1. Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.

2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.

3. Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into 15 1/2 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. While warm, decorate with individual red, white and blue candy jimmies, alternately making stripes (1/2-inch apart) across the top. Cool completely.

4. Using star shaped cookie cutter, cut into shapes and serve on an ice cream stick, if desired. Best if served the same day.

MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above.

Microwave cooking times may vary.

Note

For best results, use fresh marshmallows.

1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.

Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.

Store no more than two days in airtight container.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

You're welcome! Hope you have a great time eating them.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

What ingredients do I need to make Ice Cream/Rice Krispie Treats?

To make Ice Cream/Rice Krispie Treats, you will need:

• 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
  • 4 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 package (10 oz) of marshmallows
  • 1 quart of vanilla ice cream
  • Sprinkles or other toppings (optional)

Can I use any type of ice cream for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of ice cream for this recipe. However, vanilla ice cream works best as it provides a neutral base for the Rice Krispie treats.

How do I make the Rice Krispie treats stick together with the ice cream?

To make the Rice Krispie treats stick together with the ice cream, let the ice cream soften slightly and then spread it evenly over a baking dish. Then, press the Rice Krispie treats onto the ice cream, using a spatula or your hands to firmly press them together.

Do I have to use a specific type of pan for this recipe?

No, you can use any type of pan for this recipe. However, a 9x13 inch baking dish works best as it provides enough space for the ice cream and Rice Krispie treats to set.

How long do I have to wait for the treats to set?

You will need to wait for at least 1 hour for the treats to set in the refrigerator. However, for best results, it is recommended to let them set for 2-3 hours before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kapooh1210
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies