• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso Ice Cream Cake Recipe - Using Ice Cream Sandwiches

In summary, the recipe for the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte calls for coarsely chopping 10 chocolate sandwich cookies, combining milk and pudding mix, whisking until mixture is smooth, folding in half of the whipped topping and cookies, arranging six sandwiches side by side on a Simple Additions® Large Square Platter, and spreading filling evenly over sandwiches. Then, top with remaining sandwiches, forming a rectangular-shaped torte. Finally, sprinkle with chocolate morsels and grated cheese. The torte can be frozen for up to three months.
chefcharity
I have made this cake before, but cannot remember the exact recipe. Here is what I do remember. Can anyone fill in the blanks?

12 ice cream sandwiches
pudding -vanilla
hot fudge
large tub of cool whip
milk
crushed candy or cookies if you would like.

mix the pudding with ___ c of milk (1/2 c maybe?)
whisk the hot fudge into pudding mixture (sound right?)
Fold in half cool whip

Lay 6 sandwiches in a row (you can freeze the rect stone and use it)
Spread hot fudge mixture over sandwiches
Lay remaining 6 sandwiches on top
cover the whole thing with rest of cool whip

Sprinkle crushed cookies or candy on top.

What do you think? Sound right?

Thanks for the input!

Here it is - it's on CC...2006 Seasons Best.

The Pampered Chef ®
Ice Cream Sandwich Torte
Recipe

1 cup coarsely chopped creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 10 cookies)
1/2 cup milk
1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
12 frozen rectangle ice cream sandwiches (3.75 ounces each), unwrapped, divided
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated or multi-colored sprinkles

1. Coarsely chop cookies using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine milk and pudding mix; whisk using Stainless Whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Immediately fold in half of the whipped topping and cookies using Classic Scraper; set filling aside.

2. Working quickly, arrange six of the ice cream sandwiches side by side on Simple Additions® Large Square Platter. Spread filling evenly over sandwiches using Small Spreader. Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches, forming a rectangular-shaped torte; smooth sides. Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of torte. Grate chocolate over torte using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Freeze at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: If freezing torte overnight, remove from freezer 30-45 minutes before serving for easier slicing.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Thanks Becky!! Searched on the files here and didn't even think about it actually being a PC recipe! Figured it was made up! LOL!

OKay - twice I've posted the recipe, and then it disappears....what's up with that?

The Pampered Chef ®
Ice Cream Sandwich Torte
Recipe

1 cup coarsely chopped creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 10 cookies)
1/2 cup milk
1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
12 frozen rectangle ice cream sandwiches (3.75 ounces each), unwrapped, divided
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated or multi-colored sprinkles

1. Coarsely chop cookies using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine milk and pudding mix; whisk using Stainless Whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Immediately fold in half of the whipped topping and cookies using Classic Scraper; set filling aside.

2. Working quickly, arrange six of the ice cream sandwiches side by side on Simple Additions® Large Square Platter. Spread filling evenly over sandwiches using Small Spreader. Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches, forming a rectangular-shaped torte; smooth sides. Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of torte. Grate chocolate over torte using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Freeze at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: If freezing torte overnight, remove from freezer 30-45 minutes before serving for easier slicing.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

This cake is so yummy...

If you make it in a piece of stoneware, you can pre-freeze the stone so that it keeps the torte from melting.I made this for a show once with the neapolitan sandwiches. YUM!!

I LOVE this recipe!! I would make it on the rectangle Chillzanne. If you don't decorate it till right before you're going to eat it, you can keep the cover on it!! :D

Okay reading the first post made me soooo hungry! Gotta try this one!

1. Can I use any type of ice cream sandwiches for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any brand or flavor of ice cream sandwiches for this recipe.

2. How many ice cream sandwiches do I need for this recipe?

The amount of ice cream sandwiches needed will depend on the size of your pan and how many layers you want in your cake. Generally, you will need about 12-15 ice cream sandwiches for a 9x13 inch pan.

3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the freezer until ready to serve. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap or foil to prevent freezer burn.

4. Do I need to let the ice cream sandwiches soften before assembling the cake?

Yes, it is recommended to let the ice cream sandwiches soften slightly before assembling the cake. This will make it easier to cut and serve the cake.

5. Can I add toppings to this ice cream cake?

Yes, you can add toppings such as chocolate chips, sprinkles, or crushed cookies to this ice cream cake for extra flavor and texture. Just make sure to add them before freezing the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies