• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe From Pampered Chef Website? - Strawberries, Torte Pan, Whipped Cream

In summary, the conversation is about a customer wanting to know the recipe for a dessert shown on the bakeware section of the PC website, which appears to be a simple dessert with strawberries and whipped cream on a plain cake. The group discusses possible variations and a potential recipe is shared from an external source. One person plans to email the test kitchens for the official recipe, while others speculate that the photo may be a work in progress.
sburnside
Gold Member
I have a customer who really wants to know the recipe shown on the bakeware products section of the PC website. To me, it looks like just strawberries & whipped cream on a plain cake. Anyone know?

Attachments

• cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 371
That's all it looks like to me too. Can you make one up? Sounds like she does not bake much if she can't figure this one out.

Could not find a recipe anywhere on CC, but googled and found this...

You would have to alter it to be one layer, or make 2 cakes to make it look like the photo.

Elegant Strawberry Torte Ingredients
3 c Flour 1 ts Baking soda
2 c Brown sugar 1/2 c Chopped nuts
1/2 ts Salt 1 pt Heavy cream, whipped &
1 c Butter or oleo 8 oz Cool Whip
1 Egg, slightly beaten 1 1/2 pt Fresh strawberries
1 c Sour milk or buttermilk

Instructions for Elegant Strawberry Torte
Combine flour, brown sugar, salt and butter. Mix until crumbly, as for pie crust. Reserve 1 cup of crumbs. Combine egg, milk and baking soda; stir into remaining crumb mixture, blending well. Pour into 2 greased, paper-lined 9 inch layer pans. Sprinkle batter with reserved crumbs, then top with chopped nuts. Bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake tests done. Cool. Reserve several whole strawberries for garnish. Slightly mash remaining berries, sugaring to taste. Place one layer of cake on serving plate, nut side up. Spread with half of strawberries, top with half of whipped cream and cover with second layer of cake. Spread with remaining berries then swirl whipped cream around edge of top of cake, allowing small circle of strawberries to remain uncovered in center of torte. Garnish with clusters of whole strawberries around bottom of cake. From Geminis MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini

I was wondering the same thing the other day when I looked on the website. I think I will email the test kitchens and ask them what the recipe is. It reminds me of a sponge cake with strawberries and whipped cream - just like a strawberry shortcake.

Do you think the picture is a work in progress then? The whipped cream doesn't even go all the way around. Let us know what the test kitchen says.

i was thinking the same when i saw it in the catalog (the ss one i think?). it looks to me just like a strawberry shortcake - make in the torte pans.

1. What is the process for making the "Strawberries and Cream Torte" from the Pampered Chef website?

The "Strawberries and Cream Torte" recipe can be found on the Pampered Chef website under the "Desserts" category. The recipe calls for a torte pan, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream. First, preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare the torte pan by greasing and flouring it. Then, mix together the cake mix according to package instructions and pour it into the prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely before removing it from the pan. Once cooled, slice the cake in half horizontally and spread a layer of whipped cream on the bottom half. Place sliced strawberries on top of the whipped cream and top with the remaining cake half. Spread another layer of whipped cream on top of the cake and decorate with more sliced strawberries. Serve and enjoy!

2. Can I use a regular cake pan instead of a torte pan for the "Strawberries and Cream Torte" recipe?

Yes, you can use a regular cake pan instead of a torte pan for this recipe. However, it is important to note that the torte pan is specifically designed to create taller, more layered cakes. So if you use a regular cake pan, your cake may not turn out as tall or layered as the one pictured on the Pampered Chef website.

3. How far in advance can I make the "Strawberries and Cream Torte" before serving?

You can make the "Strawberries and Cream Torte" up to 24 hours before serving. Once the cake has completely cooled and been assembled with the whipped cream and strawberries, cover it and refrigerate until ready to serve. This will allow the flavors to meld together and make for a delicious and easy dessert option.

4. Can I substitute the fresh strawberries in the "Strawberries and Cream Torte" recipe with frozen strawberries?

Yes, you can use frozen strawberries in this recipe. However, it is important to thaw and drain the strawberries before using them in the torte. Excess moisture from the frozen strawberries can make the cake soggy and affect the texture and taste.

5. Is there a gluten-free option for the cake mix in the "Strawberries and Cream Torte" recipe?

Yes, there are gluten-free cake mix options available that can be used in this recipe. You can find gluten-free cake mixes at most grocery stores or health food stores. Simply follow the instructions on the cake mix package and proceed with the rest of the recipe as directed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefNic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • chefheather
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies