• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Recipe for Icing/Frosting Asap

In summary, my 10 yo DS decided he wanted to make cupcakes a few minutes ago. Made them all by himself following the box directions LOL and now I just realized I don't have any of the canned icing junk to use for them. Anyone have a quick, yummy icing recipe? Cake is white so anything will work.
kcjodih
Gold Member
My 10 yo DS decided he wanted to make cupcakes a few minutes ago. Made them all by himself following the box directions LOL and now I just realized I don't have any of the canned icing junk to use for them. Anyone have a quick, yummy icing recipe? Cake is white so anything will work.

I've got pounds of butter, margarine but no shortening/Crisco. Also have lots of icing sugar.

Anyone?

I have a great one that uses cool whip and pudding.

I've also use the chocolate mixture from the Chocolate Mousse in Shells recipe thing we had last fall? YUM! That's a great frosting. But again...need cool whip.

Chocolate Buttercream
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 tsp vanilla
3 oz unsweetened baking chocolate (melted & cooled)
2-3 TB milk(for vanilla, reduce to 1-2TB milk and don't use chocolate)It's Betty Crocker :)

Thanks a bunch Julie! I'd love to make the chocolate pudding/cool whip one another time - when I actually HAVE cool whip! ;) Would you care to share the ratios of each? Much appreciated! I'm going to whip the buttercream icing up that you shared and then head off to watch Survivor with my DD.

Oh, how much does it make? I only need to do 18 cupcakes. HUGE cupcakes LOL :D

My mom always makes icing with 1 stick butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla and a bit of milk. No exact measurements. HTH

I think it's 8 oz of cool whip, one package of pudding & 1 cup of milk. I'll look for it. If I don't get back to you, pm me!! Have to get dd off to bed. We tivo survivor :)

1 1/4 c. crisco (shortening), 1/2 c. water, 2 lbs. powdered sugar, 2 tsp. almond or vanilla flavoring, pinch of salt. This is for the buttercream icing that I use on wedding cakes, etc. I don't use quite all of the 1/2 c. water depending on the consistency you want. It makes a lot, but the almond flavoring makes is fabulous - plus, you typically have most of these ingredients on hand. Hope it helps!!

vwpamperedchef said:
My mom always makes icing with 1 stick butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla and a bit of milk. No exact measurements. HTH
That was my Mom's recipe too!

She would add cocoa and PEANUT BUTTER to the recipe when frosting her brownies! YUM!

No measurements, here, either!!

Related to Need a Recipe for Icing/Frosting Asap

1. How do I make a basic buttercream frosting?

To make a basic buttercream frosting, you will need 1 cup of softened butter, 4 cups of powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Cream the butter until smooth, then gradually add in the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat until light and fluffy.

2. Can I use margarine instead of butter in my frosting?

Yes, you can use margarine instead of butter in your frosting. However, keep in mind that margarine has a higher water content, so your frosting may not be as stable and may have a slightly different flavor.

3. How can I make my frosting thicker or thinner?

To make your frosting thicker, add more powdered sugar. To make it thinner, add a little bit of milk or cream at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Keep in mind that the frosting will thicken slightly as it sets.

4. How do I color my frosting?

To color your frosting, you can use food coloring gels or drops. Add a small amount at a time until you reach your desired color. You can also use natural food coloring options, such as beet juice or matcha powder.

5. Can I make my frosting ahead of time?

Yes, you can make your frosting ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature and give it a good stir before using. You may need to add a bit of milk to thin it out if it has thickened too much.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefNic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • dessertMama