• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yummy Cake Recipe--Perfect for May Hwc!!

In summary, for the "Yummy Cake Recipe--Perfect for May Hwc!!", you will need 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup of buttermilk, and 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries. You can use frozen strawberries instead of fresh ones, but make sure to thaw and pat them dry before adding them to the batter. The cake should bake for 35-40 minutes at 350°F, but it's best to check
jenne
Here's a recipe I just came across tonight while looking for a dessert to make for my family. I made this one and thought it would be PERFECT for HWC shows in May!! Here ya go!

Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake

1 box white cake mix
1 c. crushed fresh strawberries
1 (3oz) package strawberry flavored gelatin
1/2 c. vegetable oil (I use applesauce in place of oil in all my baked goods-it's healthier)
4 eggs, room temperature

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl (Classic batter bowl works well); mix for 3 minutes. Pour into well greased and floured tube pan (or well seasoned fluted stone!). Bake at 325 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to serving plate.

Frosting

1/4 c. butter or margarine, softened
3-1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. mashed fresh strawberries

Combine all ingredients until smooth and spread over cake.

May be frozen with or without frosting.

Enjoy!! I hope you all find it useful!!

Jenny

for the frosting did you puree or just use an electric mixer to do the frosting?

I actually just mashed my strawberries with my potato masher...it seems to work fine, and I just use my electric mixer to mix the ingredients.

I am definitely going to try this one! I am doing a HWC fundraiser next month and this seems like something good and yummy I can make ahead of time... yummm.....

Well now I am salivating!! LOL

Think it would work in the microwave? Anyone try it yet that way?

Waiting for strawberries in the garden to ripen, will try this recipe!btw, "Women's World' magazine spotted at check out stand today had a polka dotted frosted cake. Thought that would be a good idea to serve with our Dots plates.

, thank you so much for sharing this delicious recipe with us! I can already imagine how amazing this cake will taste with fresh strawberries in it. And I love that you included a healthier option by using applesauce instead of oil. I can't wait to try this out at my HWC shows in May. Thank you again for sharing!

1. What ingredients do I need for the "Yummy Cake Recipe--Perfect for May Hwc!!"?

For this recipe, you will need 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup of buttermilk, and 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries.

2. Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh ones?

Yes, you can use frozen strawberries for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them and pat them dry before chopping them and adding them to the batter.

3. How long does it take to bake the "Yummy Cake Recipe--Perfect for May Hwc!!"?

The cake should bake for about 35-40 minutes at 350°F. However, it is always best to check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.

4. Can I substitute buttermilk with regular milk?

You can substitute buttermilk with regular milk, but the texture and flavor of the cake may be slightly different. To make a homemade buttermilk substitute, mix 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice and let it sit for 5 minutes before using it in the recipe.

5. How should I store the "Yummy Cake Recipe--Perfect for May Hwc!!"?

The cake can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week. Make sure to cover it with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookingwithdot