• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need the 60 Sec Chocolate Cake in the Dots Mug Recipe :O)

In summary, someone microwaved chocolate cake mix and instant chocolate pudding mix in a ziploc with 1 cup mix and 1 egg. The mix was shaken violently and cooked for 60 seconds in a Simple Additions Coffee & More mug with a dollop of frosting on top.
riggs62
This is from memory......someone help a girl out :) :chef:

Chocolate cake mix and instant chocolate pudding mix in a ziploc....shake violently.....
1 cup mix
1 egg
1/4 c oil
mix in the mug
Microwave 60 seconds...

Is that correct?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it is only 1/2 cup of mix and 1 tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp water. Mine always take a little over 1min.

Anyone else? I'll see if I can look it up to be sure...

I checked, and this is right.

Last edited:
The 60-second cake!

Make a master mix to keep in your cupboard for chocolate emergencies. In a large zip top baggie combine one box of chocolate cake mix and one box of chocolate pudding mix.

When needed – take 1/2 cup of the mix and put it in our Simple Additions Coffee & More mug. Mix with 1 Tbsp of water, 1 Tbsp of oil and one egg.

Microwave on high for 60 seconds and enjoy your chocolate fix!

Oh, and you can put a dollop of (non-whipped) frosting on the top too before nuking it. It sinks to the bottom. If you do it in a greased glass bowl like I do, you can turn it out. I do this for dessert for my family. Might have to make 2 batches now the kids are getting bigger!

Where on earth did I get 1/4 cup oil?!? GROOSSS
Thanks everyone!!!!

pamperedlinda said:
The 60-second cake!

one box of chocolate cake mix and one box of chocolate pudding mix.

is the pudding regular or instant? :confused:

oh, and... can I use the SA small bowls instead? I dont have the mugs...

Laura420 said:
is the pudding regular or instant? :confused:

Originally I thought it was NOT instant - but, it doesn't matter.

Laura420 said:
oh, and... can I use the SA small bowls instead? I dont have the mugs...

they might be really hot to touch w/o the handle

:) thanks linda, youre the best!

has anyone ever used vanilla pudding and white mix?

Not personally, but you can do any combo that sounds good to you.

I cook mine in a large cereal type bowl (now I have the small batter bowl, I'll probably use that). It does come out hot, but I grease the bowl and turn it out onto a plate, so it doesn't really matter.

:grumpy: urgh - I was just so going to make this right now... but all I have is brownie mix!

OK. I'm confused. Is this in the Dots mug, the big white mug, or the small batter bowl?

My understanding is that it is done in the coffee and more cups, but I don't have them, so I use a big cereal bowl, and am going to try it in a small batter bowl now I have one!

should I try it in the small SA bowls... ??? do you think it will overflow?

I think it might... you could split it and do half in each one, and cook it for less time...

I made the chocolate one this morning in a regular small pyrex bowl. I hadda cook it for 80 sec though?? It was okay... not very mosit... but I guess it would satisfy a craving if I had one. I used the basic recipe, no icing in it. I cooked it for 80 sec cuz there was a "wet" spot on top at the 60 and 70 sec mark... oh well. Maybe next time I will add the icing.

I made it yesterday at my daughter's. We fixed two mugs (cooked them one at a time) and micro'd for 60 seconds. One had a scoop of frosting and the other didn't. They both turned out good. I love that recipe. There is a BIG difference in microwaves - so some might take more time, some less. Trial and error I guess. ~Kay

Speaking of microwave ovens.....at a show this summer I made warm nutty caramel brownies. The host's micro was not touch-pad, it had dials on it. I asked the host if that dial was minutes or seconds and I swear she said "seconds". So I put my chocolate chips in there and set it for 30 seconds and then went back to doing something else. Pretty soon we smelled the most AWFUL smell!! Yep, I had set the chips to cook for 30 MINUTES. YUK YUK YUK. That was the last of her choc chips, so she found a Hershey bar and I melted that. This time I watched it to make sure I didn't burn it :)

1. What ingredients do I need for the 60 Second Chocolate Cake in the Dots Mug Recipe?

The ingredients you will need for this recipe are 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup milk, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.

2. Can I use a different type of mug for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any microwave-safe mug for this recipe. However, the Dots Mug from Pampered Chef is specifically designed for this recipe and ensures the perfect shape and size for the cake.

3. How do I make the 60 Second Chocolate Cake in the Dots Mug?

To make this cake, mix together all of the dry ingredients in the mug, then add in the wet ingredients and stir until well combined. Microwave for 60 seconds and top with chocolate chips before serving.

4. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can make some substitutions in this recipe. For example, you can use almond milk instead of regular milk, or coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. However, keep in mind that these substitutions may alter the taste and texture of the cake.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe is meant to be a single serving, so it will make one 60 second chocolate cake in the Dots Mug. However, you can easily adjust the measurements to make multiple cakes if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Mary Rose
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
mombird4
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies