• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

EAD Icing Recipe: Is it Worth a Try? Share Yours!

In summary, the EAD icing recipe is simple and easy to make, with a unique flavor profile and versatile use on various desserts. The almond flavor is subtle and adds depth, making it worth trying even for those who are not fans of almond flavoring. The icing can be stored for up to two weeks in the fridge.
TwinGirlsMom
Has anyone tried the icing recipe that comes with the EAD?
I'm making birthday cakes today and had planned on making butter frosting out of my Better Homes & Garden when I came across the EAD recipe.
Just wondering if it's DELICIOUS and worth a try!
If you have a great icing recipe, please post that too...I want something a little different than the usual.

My favBUTTERCREAM FROSTING

1 lb. confectioners' sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. milk
Food coloring (optional)

In large bowl, beat together sugar, butter, vanilla and milk until smooth. If necessary add more milk until frosting is spreading consistency. If desired, add a few drops of food coloring. Mix everything well.

Chocolate buttercream frosting - add 1/2 cup Hershey's cocoa.

umm, I have a great recipe because it is so easy.... just whip a can of frosting for a minute and it will look and taste like "gourmet" whipped frosting!

Mmmmm...sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing!

jenniferknapp said:
umm, I have a great recipe because it is so easy.... just whip a can of frosting for a minute and it will look and taste like "gourmet" whipped frosting!

Haha! Hilarious...that is very tempting at this point in time!

Oh I forgot to mention...I'm looking for a whipped frosting recipe, not sugary/grainy like icing...

S-t-r-e-t-c-h out your frosting!I buy a can of prepared frosting and whip with softened cream cheese. It takes out the super sweetness of most pre-mades and also makes the frosting go a lot further!:)

Related to EAD Icing Recipe: Is it Worth a Try? Share Yours!

1. Is the EAD icing recipe difficult to make?

No, the EAD icing recipe is actually quite simple and easy to make. It only requires a few ingredients and basic mixing skills.

2. How does the EAD icing taste compared to regular icing?

The EAD icing has a unique flavor profile, with a hint of almond and a slightly lighter texture than regular icing. It pairs well with a variety of desserts.

3. Can I use the EAD icing on any type of dessert?

Yes, the EAD icing is versatile and can be used on a variety of desserts such as cakes, cookies, cupcakes, and more.

4. Is the EAD icing recipe worth trying even if I am not a fan of almond flavor?

Absolutely! The almond flavor in the EAD icing is subtle and adds a nice depth of flavor, even for those who may not typically enjoy almond flavoring.

5. How long does the EAD icing last once it is made?

The EAD icing can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks. Just make sure to give it a stir before using it again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • leftymac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
leftymac
Replies