1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Redux: Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches

1. leftymac

leftymac Veteran Member

The partner and I were baking cookies this weekend and we wanted to make the Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches from last fall/winter, but we didn't like that it only made 10. So we got to thinking, and did a little revamp...

We filled the mini-muffin tin with cute striped liners. Then, we whipped up the dough, and did a small scoop in each one. We baked it for the recommended 9 minutes, then stamped them down with the mini tart shaper.

Then, we placed a quartered peppermint patty in each one, then put it back in the oven for one more minute. Then, we removed them to cool.

Afterwards, we put a dollop of white chocolate icing (we made it ourselves according to some recipe we found). We would've done a star-tip with the EAD, but I left it at home. Then, we garnished with crushed peppermint candies.

They were delicious, AND it made 24 of them!

So, instead of Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches, we had peppermint fudge cookie cups!

Now, if only I had done like my usual and taken pictures. But they're down at his place and I'm back home now.

Dec 13, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Great idea!

Dec 14, 2009
  3. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

This sounds SO good! Can't wait to try it.....:D

Dec 14, 2009
  4. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Cute! I'm coming up with a list of things to bring for desserts for Christmas, I love this idea.

Dec 14, 2009
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Funny, I had a similar idea about the Chocolate PB Cup Torte. DH's family has a couple of members that don't seem to understand that there's a limit to how small one can cut food and have it maintain it's integrity. I swear, they always ask for a slice of dessert that's only 2 atoms wide! And the PB Torte is really hard to slice super thin. So my idea was to make the brownies in the MMP, press the tops with the tart shaper to make a little dimple, then slice them horizontally, spoon on a little of the PB + marshmallow filling, reassemble and put the cut up PB Cups on top. :) Ta da! Lots of little tortes! And I think it would make 48 of them, 2 MMPs worth.

Dec 14, 2009
  6. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

There's just something wonderful about a tiny little MMP dessert that is 2 or 3 bites. Even just plain old 2 bite brownies. They display so nicely on Simple Additions and they don't get all "ugly" like a trifle does. Maybe something with brownies and chopped Andes Mints might work...​

Dec 14, 2009
  7. leftymac

leftymac Veteran Member

I gotta agree with you about the trifles. I love them when they're first presented but right after that first spoonful, they start looking like sludge.

Dec 14, 2009
  8. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

LMAO!!! The word I was thinking of started with an "s" but you described it with much more class!!

Funny you mentioned the Peppermint Fudge Cookies because I made them yesterday! I don't care for the hard crunch of the candy canes so I sprinkled some with tiny candy cane sprinkles and others with red, green and white non pariels (sp? too lazy to look it up!)

Great idea about the cups! I made a double batch of Pecan Tassies so my mini tart pans were in use. Cleaning them is one of my least favorite things to do!:grumpy:

Dec 14, 2009
  9. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

How do they hold up the next day? I made the peppermint cookies per hte recipe last year, and didn't like that they got really hard the next day! Yuck.

Might have to give your method a try. :)

Dec 14, 2009
  10. leftymac

leftymac Veteran Member

They were still pretty chewy, so I say try it!

Dec 15, 2009
Have something to add?