• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Homemade Samoas (Girl Scout Cookies)

In summary, the conversation revolved around a recipe for homemade Girl Scout Cookies (specifically, the Samoa flavor) found on the blog Gourmet Mom on-the-Go. The recipe calls for shortbread cookies, butter, sugar, corn syrup, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, toasted coconut, and chocolate chips. The only question was which brand of shortbread cookies to use, and the response suggested using any plain and good quality shortbread cookies. The conversation ended with a note of excitement for trying out the recipe.
babywings76
Gold Member
I was checking out a blog that I've posted about before (Gourmet Mom on-the-Go) and found an entry she made that shares someone's version of Girl Scout Cookies (the Samoa's)

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
1 box shortbread cookies
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1-4 cups toasted coconut (depending on how much you want)
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions
(Optional) To make handling easier you can dip the bottoms of the cookies in melted chocolate first and let them sit to thoroughly dry.
Place each shortbread cookie in cup of a greased muffin tin.
In 2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, combine butter, sugar and corn syrup.
Heat to a full boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Slowly pour in sweetened condensed milk, stirring constantly.
Continue cooking over low heat until candy thermometer reaches 200-210 degrees.
Remove from heat.
Stir in vanilla.
Beat until creamy.
Immediately stir in toasted coconut and mix well.
Spoon mixture by teaspoonfuls over shortbread cookies.
Cool completely.
Remove cooled cookies from muffin tin onto waxed paper.
Melt chocolate chips and drizzle thinly in stripes over cookies and let chocolate harden at room temperature.
Store in airtight container

The only question I have is which brand of shortbread cookies to use, and what kind has holes in it like that?

Attachments

• homemade samoas.jpg
    homemade samoas.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 333
That's up to you and your preference. You can usually find regular shortbread cookies at the store, or you can look for ones that have holes in them (like the ones in the picture). Whatever you choose, make sure they are good quality so that they won't be too crumbly when you put the filling on them. Enjoy!

It sounds like a delicious recipe! I'm not sure about the specific brand of shortbread cookies to use, but I'm sure any brand would work as long as they are plain and not flavored. As for the cookies with holes in them, I believe those are the classic Girl Scout shortbread cookies that are used for this recipe. However, if you can't find those, any plain shortbread cookie should work just fine. Happy baking!

What are the ingredients needed to make Homemade Samoas?

The ingredients needed to make Homemade Samoas include flour, sugar, butter, shredded coconut, caramel, and chocolate chips.

Can I make Homemade Samoas without using a cookie cutter?

Yes, you can use a round biscuit cutter or even a drinking glass to cut out the cookies instead of using a cookie cutter.

How can I make Homemade Samoas gluten-free?

You can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend to make the Samoas gluten-free. You can also use gluten-free graham crackers for the cookie base.

Can I use store-bought caramel instead of making my own for the Homemade Samoas?

Yes, you can use store-bought caramel instead of making your own. Just make sure to warm it up before using it to make it easier to spread on the cookies.

How can I store Homemade Samoas?

You can store Homemade Samoas in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akrebecca
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Cathy pclady
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies