• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

2 Step Fudge ?? W/ Cookie Press??

or breakfast...or just about anything.I've had the EAD for over two years, its still in the box...any ideas on what can be done with it? and how do you clean it? seems like it would be awful. thanks!That is a lot of possibilities! Thanks for sharing.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
has anyone done the 2 step fudge w/ the cookie press?
any tips ?????-

here the recipe for inquiring minds...

Easy 2-Step Fudge
1 Bag (12 oz.) MILK chocolate chips
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Container (16 oz.) ready-made frosting

Add all ingredients into Pampered Chef Professional Family Skillet. Melt over low heat, stirring constantly. Mix until smooth.

For cookie press:
First put stones or cutting board in the freezer and just before you put the fudge in the press cover them with parchment paper. Cool the fudge to 90-100°F then scoop into cookie press. Press onto parchment paper on top of cooled stones and let set about 10 minutes. If one doesn't come out well, just scrape it up and put it back in.

The trick with using this with the cookie press is to cool it to about 85-90 degrees before you use it--I do it in the batter bowl then put it in the refrig for about 15-20, checking it with the thermometer. Otherwise it's too hot or too cold and doesn't press well. Press it onto parchment either onto a stone or a sheet pan that is cooled in the refrig as well.

I use whait chocolate chips and vanilla frosting W/pepermint extract and make mints with the EAD. use the start ip. They turn out pretty cute.

I melt in the microwave or the double boiler instead. The big skillet seems awfully big for this.

I tried this last night.. total flop. I don't know what I did wrong but the fudge came out of the cookie press like a smear rather than a cookie shape. The dough was 87 degrees. I ended up just using the EAD.

the original recipe did not have vanilla that may be the problem

What is a EAD?

lcucinella said:
I use whait chocolate chips and vanilla frosting W/pepermint extract and make mints with the EAD. use the start ip. They turn out pretty cute.
This sounds YUM! my question is...what is the start ip?
The EAD is the Easy Accent Decorator.

How did it do in the EAD? I was gonna ask if you could use that instead

ChefZee said:
How did it do in the EAD? I was gonna ask if you could use that instead

That is what I always use and it comes out great.

lcucinella said:

I might try this one..that sounds really good..I usually do Chocolate Icing and Peanut Butter Chips

I always use the EAD too. I make little stars or kisses. Bite-size and yummy! My fave is the peanut butter chips with cream cheese icing.

pamperedlinda said:
I always use the EAD too. I make little stars or kisses. Bite-size and yummy! My fave is the peanut butter chips with cream cheese icing.

Ohhh... I hadn't thought of doing it with cream cheese icing. yum! Thanks.

BethCooks4U said:
Ohhh... I hadn't thought of doing it with cream cheese icing. yum! Thanks.

I like using the cream cheese, helps to cut some of the sweet and adds a nice layer of flavor (a little more home-made-ish)

That sounds so good, Linda! Thanks for sharing that tip! :)

My favorite is the chocolate frosting with peanut butter chips. Yum!

I've had the EAD for over two years, its still in the box...any ideas on what can be done with it? and how do you clean it? seems like it would be awful. thanks!

love the dishwasher....top shelf...does a great job

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks for this idea, too!

chellb1234 said:
I've had the EAD for over two years, its still in the box...any ideas on what can be done with it? and how do you clean it? seems like it would be awful. thanks!

It is actually pretty easy to clean. I don't have a dishwasher so that isn't what I do..but it is easy to sink clean as well.

As for what to do with it. My sister would probably cry if she knew that someone had it for 2 years and never used it..she loves hers..here are a few things to do with it.

I love it for icing cupcakes - Made the cupcakes that we made for my wedding look great

Stuffing Manicotti - Makes it SO EASY

My sister recently started using it to put the ricotta cheese on her lasagna..makes it easier than trying to spead it

Of course the obvious..cake decorating..LOL.

chellb1234 said:

To add to Heidi's list, deviled eggs!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the 2 Step Fudge with Cookie Press?

To make the 2 Step Fudge with Cookie Press, you will need 1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate chips or even chopped chocolate in this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar accordingly if you are using a sweeter or less sweet chocolate.

3. How do I use the cookie press to make the fudge?

After you have mixed together the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and vanilla extract, simply fill the cookie press with the fudge mixture. Press the lever to dispense the fudge onto a lined baking sheet. Let it cool and then cut into desired shapes.

4. Can I add any mix-ins to the fudge?

Yes, you can add in any desired mix-ins such as chopped nuts, dried fruit, or crushed cookies. Just fold them into the fudge mixture before filling the cookie press.

5. How should I store the 2 Step Fudge with Cookie Press?

The fudge can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. For longer storage, you can refrigerate it for up to 2 weeks or freeze it for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Careyann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies