• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the Menu for October 6th Dinner?

In summary, chef is making Italian Meatball Soup with homemade bread, dessert is going to be something with apples, and he is also making shepards pie. He plans on using beef broth instead of stock, and the temperature he plans on baking the soup at is 375 degrees. He has the old PC Main Dishes Cookbook, and he is thinking of making juevos rancheros or something along the mexican theme for tomorrow.
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight I am making Italian Meatball Soup w/ homemade bread:chef:

Dessert is going to be something with apples.

gonna try the Amazing Pot Roast recipe - with mashed potatoes in the Rice Cooker, corn, and salad.

I should make something with beef or pork, since we had chicken for dinner last night. But I'm not sure what. I need to get something out of the freezer soon, though. :rolleyes:

Making shepards pie! ( a request from child #4!)

PamperedDor said:
Making shepards pie! ( a request from child #4!)

Can I have your sheperds pie recipe? I've always wanted to make it.

Its so easy Steph!!

Gound beef (brown it in the 12 skillet)
add 1 pack of onion soup mix
some beef stock (about 1/4 cup)
frozen peas and carrots

Mix all together in the skillet -
then just place it in the rect. baker, cover with Mashed potaoes ( I use homemade but have used country crock and even "boxed crap" before- still good!) Place in oven for about 20 minutes - 30 minutes till potatoes start to brown - done!

I have swiss steak in the crock pot, with carrots. I will whip up mashed potatoes, and not sure what for dessert.

PamperedDor said:
Its so easy Steph!!

frozen peas and carrots

then just place it in the rect. baker, cover with Mashed potaoes ( I use homemade but have used country crock and even "boxed crap" before- still good!) Place in oven for about 20 minutes - 30 minutes till potatoes start to brown - done!

How much meat do you usually use for this? 1 lb? That sounds delish...thanks! Can you use beef BROTH instead of stock? I think I have everything on hand to make this tonight! LOL Oh, and I SO agree w/ you on the mashed potatoes thing! I would NEVER have boxed potatoes!

chefsteph07 said:
How much meat do you usually use for this? 1 lb? That sounds delish...thanks! Can you use beef BROTH instead of stock? I think I have everything on hand to make this tonight! LOL Oh, and I SO agree w/ you on the mashed potatoes thing! I would NEVER have boxed potatoes!

Yes beef broth will work. And if you dont' like those veggies, as my family hates peas, then any type of veggie will work basically. I put thin sliced carrots and green beans in mine! And homemade mashed potatoes make it so much better but if you don't feel like making them use a good brand of instant ones, can make the difference if this recipe turns out good or not!

It's just the kids and I tonight, so I will not be making anything extrodinary! My DH is the one I try to impress every night! My kids could be happy with mac and cheese...... hmmmmm...... maybe I'll make a homemade dish of mac and cheese. Or maybe I'll try that one in the 29mins to dinner cookbook.
I just can't even get on these dinner threads without having a desire to cook when I am done!
I made a fabulous beef and red wine stew last night! yum.... I took my DD to school and came home and grabbed a bowl. I wasn't in the mood for breakfast food and I hadn't ate yet, so that stew was perfect!

MissChef said:
Yes beef broth will work. And if you dont' like those veggies, as my family hates peas, then any type of veggie will work basically. I put thin sliced carrots and green beans in mine! And homemade mashed potatoes make it so much better but if you don't feel like making them use a good brand of instant ones, can make the difference if this recipe turns out good or not!

What temperature do you bake this? Covered or not?

chefsteph07 said:
What temperature do you bake this? Covered or not?

375 and I wouldn't cover it. Do you have the old PC Main Dishes Cookbook? There is a recipe for Shepherd's Pie on pg 61. The pic is on 60, and they make it fancy, you can just cover the whole top with potatoes. Up to you how you want to do it.

We're having hot chicken salad with steamed broccoli and maybe some cold cucumber soup if I can get it done.

BTW, I love these threads! I check it almost everyday, even if I don't reply! Such great ideas!

Not sure entirely yet. Something with the fresh roasted green chilis I got from a girl at work. Maybe juevos rancheros? or something else along the mexican theme. Helpful aren't I? The shepard's pie sounds good for tomorrow though!

MissChef said:
375 and I wouldn't cover it. Do you have the old PC Main Dishes Cookbook? There is a recipe for Shepherd's Pie on pg 61. The pic is on 60, and they make it fancy, you can just cover the whole top with potatoes. Up to you how you want to do it.

Thanks Cathy and Dor! I have meat thawing out right now for this!
And, yes, I have the Main Dishes book...I'll have to take a looksey...I'm sure I'll cover the whole top, I love mashed potatoes!

Thanks Ladies!! I now know what I am making tonight! Shepards Pie!:) We haven't had that in a while and I have leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge!! A nice easy dinner!!!:)

Creamy One-Pot Pasta.....YUM!! :D

Yeah I started a trend!!! Enjoy everyone and thanks for having my back Cath when I was off CS -

I'm doing One pot pasta tommorrow night Christy!

PamperedDor said:
Yeah I started a trend!!! Enjoy everyone and thanks for having my back Cath when I was off CS -

I'm doing One pot pasta tommorrow night Christy!

You're welcome, my pleasure!;):angel:

Yeah- I think I'm going to make shepherd's pie, too. It just sounds good today, because it's chilly out. And it's yummy comfort food. :)

Ground turkey in spaghetti sauce with angel hair pasta. Quick and easy and filling. The Shep. Pie sounds great and will try that soon.

Mmmm, I love Shepherds Pie...but DH hates it!:cry:

I had cravings for that, and it's cousin - Tater Tot Casserole - when I was pregnant, and made it at least once a week (once I got over my meat aversion!) but I don't think I can get away with making it now.

We are having a Baked Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole, and Maple-glazed Carrots - fresh from our garden!

I also have Beans and a meaty Ham Bone in the crockpot. All the chatter about it on here made me hungry for it.....we'll have that tomorrow!

It's DH birthday. Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, brown gravy, string beans and dinner rolls.

ChefBeckyD said:

I had cravings for that, and it's cousin - Tater Tot Casserole - when I was pregnant, and made it at least once a week (once I got over my meat aversion!) but I don't think I can get away with making it now.

We are having a Baked Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole, and Maple-glazed Carrots - fresh from our garden!

I also have Beans and a meaty Ham Bone in the crockpot. All the chatter about it on here made me hungry for it.....we'll have that tomorrow!

Becky, what's Tater Tot Casserole? Sounds yummy!

I'm having Ritz crackers again tonight. A handful or two. Just don't seem to have ANY appetite and these help keep the morphine down. DH is making the kids chicken fajitas so at least they're taken care of :blushing:

Tater Tot casserole is essentially Shepherd's Pie, but with a layer of Tater Tots on top instead of mashed potatoes. I haven't had that since college. (The cafeteria made iy about once a month.)

oh man....I forgot all about Tater Tot casserole! I think I may have to whip one up this week!

I just threw a pork roast in the DCB and am getting ready to prepare fresh green bean almondine to serve with it.

PamperedDor said:
Its so easy Steph!!

frozen peas and carrots

So this is going in the oven in a few minutes, came together great..
Now, what do I do w/ my leftover beef broth???

Freeze it in ice cube trays and save it for later.

What an OBVIOUS idea...thanks!

chicken and beef fajitas, chips, salsa and guac and mexican rice

We had chicken fajitas, very basic. I stir fried chicken, red and green bell peppers, one pressed garlic clove and red onion. I sprinkled it with salt, southwest seasoning and cumin. I shredded the cheese with the new grater. It really fluffs up the Kraft 2% cheddar, too. I used a very high fiber tortilla. My total fajita was only 5 WW points. TMI, sorry.

chefsteph07 said:
So this is going in the oven in a few minutes, came together great..
Now, what do I do w/ my leftover beef broth???

WELL STEPH????? How was it??????:confused:
Enquiring minds need to know!!! LOL!:D

ChefBeckyD said:

We all (except DS) Love sheppards pie! YUM!!!

I {Puffy heart} tater tot Casserole (if you were from a bit further west it would be called a "HOT DISH". When I first moved here (MN) I was always saying "What the heck is "HOT DISH" after thinking a minute I would reply "oh you mean a casserole". Then the person I was talking to would look at me like I had 3 heads....

Reigional differences are so funny to me!
Here's another one...
(elbow noodles, spaghetti sauce, onions GB, green peppers)
= Me(east coast)... American Chop suey --- (DH) Minnesotan... Goulash

MissChef said:
WELL STEPH????? How was it??????:confused:
Enquiring minds need to know!!! LOL!:D

Oh it was wonderful!
DH says he thinks it's funny how I take the same 3 ingredients (meat, potatoes, veggies) and make something different every night! I guess I never thought about that! Tonight it's Chicken and Dumplings, kinda the same concept, except I'm subbing biscuits for potatoes! LOL

Related to What's on the Menu for October 6th Dinner?

1. What is the recipe for Italian Meatball Soup?

The recipe for Italian Meatball Soup is as follows:
Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
1. In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper until well combined.
2. Roll into small meatballs and set aside.
3. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
4. Add beef broth, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
5. Add meatballs to the pot and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Add pasta and let it cook for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!

2. How do I make homemade bread to go with the soup?

To make homemade bread, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Instructions:
1. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Add sugar, salt, and 2 cups of flour to the bowl. Mix until well combined.
3. Gradually add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough is smooth and slightly sticky.
4. Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes.
5. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a clean towel, and let it rise for 1 hour.
6. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
7. Punch down the dough and shape it into a loaf.
8. Place the loaf in a greased bread pan and let it rise for an additional 30 minutes.
9. Brush the top of the loaf with olive oil and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Let the bread cool before slicing and serving with your soup.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make this soup?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make this soup. A large pot and a mixing bowl will suffice for the soup and a baking pan for the bread. However, if you have a food processor or stand mixer, it can make the process of making the meatballs and kneading the bread dough easier and faster.

4. Can I substitute the ground beef with another type of meat?

Yes, you can substitute the ground beef with ground turkey, chicken, or pork. You can also use a combination of different meats if you prefer. Just make sure to adjust the seasoning accordingly.

5. What are some ideas for a dessert with apples?

There are many delicious dessert options with apples, such as apple pie, apple crisp, apple cobbler, apple turnovers, or even a simple baked apple with cinnamon and sugar. You can also incorporate apples into a cake, muffins, or bread. The possibilities are endless, so choose your favorite and enjoy it after your soup dinner!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies