1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What's for Dinner...Wed., January 6..

1. Happy Hump Day, everyone!!!

Still cold here...and everywhere else??:eek: I heard on the radio that International Fall, Minn. it was -34*.....without the wind chill added in!!!:eek::eek::eek:.....hope any cheffers there are bundled up!!!!

Tonight I am making homemade chicken soup w/bisquits. And for dessert I am making homemade applesauce in my crockpot...just thinking of it coming out all steamy....mmmmm

2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Must be a good soup day!

I'm making Homemade Beef/Veggie/Barley Soup w/ Biscuits....

And your homemade applesauce sounds like a great idea!

Jan 6, 2010
  3. Bren706

Bren706 Senior Member Gold Member

I am making the Turkey Tettrazini from the "Weekday Dinners Done" recipe cards for the first time.

Jan 6, 2010
  4. ChefBeckyD

We love this....but I always make it with cooked chicken breast or leftover chicken or turkey. Also, we leave the green beans on the side.

Jan 6, 2010
  5. Bren706

Bren706 Senior Member Gold Member

yep, I have leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.

Jan 6, 2010
  6. lpacker

lpacker Member

We are having the shephard's pie from the Main Dishes cookbook and a toss salad. My husband would have that recipe once a week, if I made it for him.

Jan 6, 2010
  7. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

I'm making Tilapia in the DCB - a little olive oil and citrus basil rub. Fresh veggies and .... maybe some long grain/wild rice. :) Hubby is trying to lose weight, so I trying to make a lot of healthy/low fat options. Sometime this week I'm making the loaded bake potato chowder, with ALL low fat/non fat ingredients! :)

8. ChefBeckyD

Just a note - It seems to be fine to use skim milk in this, but I made it at a show w/ fat-free cheeses, and it was Nasty! I don't know about how it tasted....but it looked all curdled and yucky, and I didn't get the usual rave reviews that I normally do when this is the demo.

Jan 6, 2010
  9. ChefBeckyD

COMPLETELY changed my mind on dinner!

I just put together a veggie/meatball/penne pasta layered dish, and will be baking that.

Jan 6, 2010
  10. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

Scalloped potatoes and ham using the UM--I love how fast it slices up my potatoes and onions!!

Jan 6, 2010
  11. We are having Chicken and Sausage Gumbo!1 MY hubby LOVES it and he is a picky eater.

Jan 6, 2010
  12. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

I think spaghetti, garlic bread & a tossed salad. Spaghetti sauce is homemade that we canned last summer.

13. pckellyd

pckellyd Member Gold Member

Hubby is making hamburgers cooked in cream of mushroom soup and served over noodles. I've hit the point in pregnancy where I can't be around cooking food... all my demos until this passes are going to be cakes LOL!

Jan 6, 2010
  14. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Jan 6, 2010
  15. Morgan032032

Morgan032032 Member

Made BBQ shredded chicken in the DCB..fed it to two picky eaters who LOVED it. Definitely want to start doing that one at shows..it was sooo easy! :)

16. ChefBeckyD

Those crash hot potatoes look fun! I was thinking they'd be really good with some garlic/parmesan dipping seasoning on them! I may have to try these this week yet!

Jan 6, 2010
  17. Pampered_Ashley84

Pampered_Ashley84 Member Gold Member

We're having breakfast for dinner. Hubby and I are having Breakfast Quesdilla and Bacon and our son is having Biscuits and Gravy, no eggs for him!

18. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

Those potatoes do look good. I don't mind potatoes if I don't have to peel them. I could probably get my kids to mash them, too. I bet the garlic parm dipping seasoning would be awesome. So creative!

We had tacos. My younger son requested, and since I had no plan, of course, I gave him his wish.

Jan 7, 2010
Have something to add?