• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner...wed., February 10

In summary, the storm is causing some power outages, but cheffers are still able to celebrate their birthdays. There are several recipes for the upcoming dinner, all of which include turkey bacon.
pamperedbybarbara
Good Morning, cheffers!!!

Happy Birthday to cheffers...Karyn and Krackley, Have a happy day today!!!

Well...we are smack in the middle of this storm...lost our tv reception, but can watch a bit of newscasts here online!!! Verrrry white outside right now...!

Tonight we are having a yummy potroast in the crockpot w/bisquits or garlic bites. Not sure about dessert...we will probably make oatmeal cookies today, so maybe they will suffice. Stay warm, everyone!!

On the bright side... only38 days till spring!!!!:D:thumbup:

All white here in central PA too!!! We are going to have the shepherd's pie from the old Main Dishes cookbook. I think my husband would eat that once a week, if I made it. It is one of his favorites.

I left my husband a list of things he could eat. I had a taste testing meeting. I think I posted that in the wrong thread. Or, I meant to post it earlier and forgot??? Losing my mind. The recipes were so good. Artichoke nacho things were the best and the linguine tomato bacon stuff was excellent. Loved the churros with the dip and the crunchy peanut butter marshmallow things. I made the micrwave brownies only I baked them. Very good. I liked it all, but the SBRC is in the other room, so I am not looking up the names.

I made the BLT Toss too. It is SO good! My family loved it too. Well, except for the 5-yr old who decided she didn't like tomatoes today. It made a HUGE pan! Enough for leftovers tomorrow night. Hope she likes tomatoes tomorrow!

Patty Davis said:
I made the BLT Toss too. It is SO good! My family loved it too. Well, except for the 5-yr old who decided she didn't like tomatoes today. It made a HUGE pan! Enough for leftovers tomorrow night. Hope she likes tomatoes tomorrow!

So funny - because my 5 yr. old was telling me how much he liked the BLT Toss as I was walking out the door to go to my taste testing meeting (I made the BLT stuff that Jae thought was excellent.:D) but when I got home DH said that he'd picked out all of the tomatoes and said he didn't like them. USUALLY, tomatoes are a favorite of his. Must have been the weather today or something.:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
So funny - because my 5 yr. old was telling me how much he liked the BLT Toss as I was walking out the door to go to my taste testing meeting (I made the BLT stuff that Jae thought was excellent.:D) but when I got home DH said that he'd picked out all of the tomatoes and said he didn't like them. USUALLY, tomatoes are a favorite of his. Must have been the weather today or something.:rolleyes:

I made that for dinner tonight and it wasn't near as good as yours. I followed the directions as much as possible. I didn't have parsley and I used low sodium broth. Probably why it was a little tasteless? The tomatoes seemed to be tangier, too. I will try again and use real bacon rather than turkey bacon. That stuff is just not right.

JAE said:
I made that for dinner tonight and it wasn't near as good as yours. I followed the directions as much as possible. I didn't have parsley and I used low sodium broth. Probably why it was a little tasteless? The tomatoes seemed to be tangier, too. I will try again and use real bacon rather than turkey bacon. That stuff is just not right.

Well, I added the full block of cream cheese, and only 3 cups of broth. I didn't use low sodium broth ( I use the organic broth from Costco. :balloon:) - but I didn't add the salt it called for either. I used dried parsley. but I would imagine that what really made the difference was the turkey bacon. BLECH!:yuck:

BTW - you aren't saving any calories, sodium, or avoiding nitrates & nitrites by using turkey bacon...just a couple fat grams. I buy the organic, naturally cured (no nitrates or nitrites) bacon at Costco. It's the real stuff, and it tastes great!

ChefBeckyD said:
BTW - you aren't saving any calories, sodium, or avoiding nitrates & nitrites by using turkey bacon...just a couple fat grams. I buy the organic, naturally cured (no nitrates or nitrites) bacon at Costco. It's the real stuff, and it tastes great!

It was given to me, so I saved money. Always important.

Related to What's for Dinner...wed., February 10

1. What is the featured recipe for "What's for Dinner...wed., February 10"?

The featured recipe for "What's for Dinner...wed., February 10" is the Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff.

2. How long does it take to prepare the Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff?

The Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff takes approximately 20 minutes to prepare.

3. Can I substitute the beef for a different protein in the Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the beef for chicken or tofu in the Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff recipe.

4. Are there any vegetarian options for "What's for Dinner...wed., February 10"?

Yes, the Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry with Rice is a vegetarian option for "What's for Dinner...wed., February 10".

5. Are there any side dish recommendations for the Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff?

Some recommended side dishes for the Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff include mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a simple green salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pamperedbybarbara