• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the Menu for July 6th?

In summary, Cathy is leaving for a trip in a few days and is planning to eat leftovers. She has two favorite salads, one with vegetables and one with cheese. Rae is sharing her chicken recipe.
rennea
Gold Member
Well I have decided that again today we are having BBQ. Chicken, prawns with grilled veggies and rice:chef:

Whatever my mom is cooking - we're going to my parent's house for dinner tonight - yippee! :D

Creamy One Pot pasta with shrimp
Garlic bread
tomato and cucumber salad
Mojitos
Costco cupcakes for dessert(We're having our parents over for dinner.)

Grilled Steak, I don't know what else! I know I'll be using the ton of veggies that I have left from the veggie tray on the 4th!

Don't know yet...DH is cooking BBQ chicken at camp but when you cook it every Sunday in the summer for 10 years it gets kind of old...I'm thinking of having salmon myself...don't know about DH since he doesn't eat fish, he'll maybe grill a burger.Nothing too complex because I leave in less than 3 days and have to do laundry, clean my van, buy a train ticket, get DH set at home with food, the dogs, watering plants, you name it... I still have FD stuff to do, work and of course a few hours break to play softball tomorrow night!

Any suggestions for leftover pot roast, I was thinking of having bbq sandwiches but not very exciting on Sunday...

BBQ sandwiches sound good to me, have it with a good coleslaw.

Cathy.
what veggies are leftover?
My 2 favorite salads aretomatoes, celery, green pepper, red onion and cucumber pour a bottle of zesty italian dressing over it, refrigerate overnightConfetti vegetable salad1 bunch broccoli
1 head cauliflower
1 small jar sliced green olives drained
12 oz cubed cheese (I use co-jack cut with garnisher)
6 ribs celery
1 small red onion diced
DRESSING
1 pkg Hidden Valley Buttermilk dressing
1 cup sour cream
1 cup buttermilk
Mix and stir into veggies and cheese.refrigerate overnight
Teresa

chefann said:
Creamy One Pot pasta with shrimp
Garlic bread
tomato and cucumber salad
Mojitos
Costco cupcakes for dessert

(We're having our parents over for dinner.)

I'm going to Ann's house :) set 5 more plates for us :) ha ha

merego said:
I'm going to Ann's house :) set 5 more plates for us :) ha ha

Make that 7 plates...if we leave now we can be there by tomorrow for the left-overs!

We are having chicken noodle pasta salad with chicken, eggs, grapes, peas, noodles and mayo... it's too hot to cook and we just got back from taking the dogs down to the River for a swim and LONG walk. They are bathed- de-sanded and de-dirted, and I'm pooped!

I don't even feel like boiling the water for the noodles that's how pooped I am! :)

I have to stay awake for TNFNS that's on tonight!!

Like you Kacey, I am pooped too. We went to camp for the w/end and it is a 3 1/2 hour drive. Just got in about 2 hours ago and I was thinking....pizza!! DD will not like that idea b/c she isn't a fan of pizza, or anything really. Maybe cereal will be for dinner b/c I so do not want to cook.

I have butterscotch/oatmeal bars in the oven right now. ;)

Rae's Famous Fried Chicken
Baked potatoes
Fresh fruit & veggies

So get this. The milk I purchased w/ the expiration date of the 16th is bad. UGH!! My fridge is so darn finicky that when I have it on the one notch everything freezes, well I turned it down a notch and now everything is spoiling...what to do, what to do? Back to the drawing board on dinner

Teresa Lynn said:
Cathy.
what veggies are leftover?
My 2 favorite salads are

tomatoes, celery, green pepper, red onion and cucumber pour a bottle of zesty italian dressing over it, refrigerate overnight

Confetti vegetable salad

1 bunch broccoli
1 head cauliflower
1 small jar sliced green olives drained
12 oz cubed cheese (I use co-jack cut with garnisher)
6 ribs celery
1 small red onion diced
DRESSING
1 pkg Hidden Valley Buttermilk dressing
1 cup sour cream
1 cup buttermilk
Mix and stir into veggies and cheese.refrigerate overnight
Teresa

Thanks Teresa! I didn't even see this until right now! I have all kinds of veggies!
A little bit of celery and grape tomatoes
loads of cauliflower and cucumber!
and moderate amounts of:
Broccoli
carrots
sugar snaps
radishes
green onion

any other ideas with the veggies you didn't mention!

oh yeah my fave sandwich is white bread (the only time I eat white bread with butter, green onions and radishes sprinkled with salt)the peas I'd eat with ranch

Rae,wanna share your chicken recipe?

I posted a dinner suggestion on here but my DH was working in the kitchen so we ordered pizza, 2 pizzas 25.00 bucks arg...

We're having a late dinner since the kids and I were visiting my folks today (only 45 minutes away, but that sets us back!). We are mellowing out in the living room eating Barbeque Beef Bundles (yay for PC recipes) and green beans. Nothing fancy, but very yummy. :)

I've decided on a salmon roll and green beans seasoned and in the grill basket.DS will probably eat hot dogs and green beans.
DH will have a burger.
DD will have a cheeseburger and green beans.It's a little bit of everything!

janetupnorth said:

Is this a PC recipe Janet?

rennea said:
Is this a PC recipe Janet?

Uh no...it's the recipe for the Oatmeal Scotchies on the back of the Nestle Butterscotch Morsels package... :blushing:

1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract or grated peel of 1 orange
3 cups quick oats
1 2/3 cup (11 oz pkg) of Nestle Butterscotch Morsels

Preheat oven to 375.

Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in lg. mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels.

Bake 7-8 min. for chewy cookies, 9-10 for crisp or grease 15 x 10" jelly-roll pan.
Bake 18-22 minutes or until light brown.

I made them in the bar pan.

Teresa Lynn said:
Rae,

wanna share your chicken recipe?

Mix together:
1 egg, beaten
2 c milk​

In another bowl mix together:
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c spelt flour*
2 t salt
2 t black pepper
1 t MSG (or Accent Flavor Enhancer)​

12-15 boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins

Heat oil in heavy skillet. Dip chicken in egg mixture, roll in flour, and fry. Do not crowd chicken in pan. Drain on paper towel immediately after cooking.

*You can use all all-purpose flour, but the spelt adds a bit more crunch.

thanks!!
do you ever use buttermilk?

janetupnorth said:

mmmm, sounds yummy! Recipe please?

ETA: Duh me, never mind! Maybe I should read the whole thread before posting instead of posting while I go along LOL...thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
raebates said:
Baked potatoes
Fresh fruit & veggies

Care to share? Purty please :)

ETA: Never mind, didn't read the whole thread

Last edited:
sklay723 said:
We're having a late dinner since the kids and I were visiting my folks today (only 45 minutes away, but that sets us back!). We are mellowing out in the living room eating Barbeque Beef Bundles (yay for PC recipes) and green beans. Nothing fancy, but very yummy. :)

Katie, which cookbook is this in? They sound yummy and MUST be if the kids are eating them!

janetupnorth said:
Uh, scroll up - both recipes are there...

Ya saw that finally Janet. I've been trying to read the threads and watch Dateline at the same time :blushing:

DH cooked tonight - fish sticks, mac n cheese and peas. Everything tastes great when I'm not the one cooking, lol!

For Lunch, we had chicken quesadillas (DH and DS love it when I make them!) and fresh fruit.Then, because it was a perfect day weather-wise, we drove to Grand Haven for the afternoon, walked the Pier, and played on the beach, and for dinner we feasted on Butch's Beach Burritos and Barq's Root Beer.:chef: (Butch's is a Grand Haven specialty ~ YUMMY!)

Related to What's on the Menu for July 6th?

1. What is the menu for July 6th?

The menu for July 6th will consist of BBQ chicken, prawns with grilled veggies, and rice.

2. Why did you choose BBQ as the main dish?

I chose BBQ because it is a popular summer dish and it adds a nice smoky flavor to the chicken and prawns.

3. Are there any vegetarian options on the menu?

Yes, the grilled veggies can be served as a vegetarian option. We can also substitute the chicken and prawns with tofu or grilled portobello mushrooms upon request.

4. What sides will be served with the main dishes?

The main dishes will be served with rice as well as a side salad or coleslaw.

5. Can I make any substitutions or special requests for the menu?

Absolutely, we are happy to accommodate any dietary restrictions or preferences. Just let us know in advance so we can make the necessary adjustments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • rennea