• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Grilling on a Scorching Day?

In summary, the weather is hot and the food we are cooking is pork chops and veggies on the BBQ with berry layered salad for lunch and chicken potpie soup and white bean chicken chili for dinner.
rennea
Gold Member
It's stupid hot here again today!!!

We are having pork chops on the BBQ with Cucumber/tomato/cilantro salad. And some grilled veggies.

Today I have decided to use my grill basket for the very first time:thumbup:

I have no idea for dinner. But I have some leftover salad (the layered berry salad from the stars and stripes theme) that I'm going to have for lunch with some soup. I have a coupon from my favorite soup restaurant, so I'm going to get some for today and tomorrow (it's a buy one, get one free coupon). I'm probably going to get chicken potpie soup for today, and white bean chicken chili for tomorrow.It's going to be another tough week for meals. DH had to go out of town for work, and it's such a drag to cook for one. (As Edna Krabapple from The Simpsons says, "Soup for one, pasta for one, wine for four." :) )

DS and I are having Mexican food - at the restaurant!

chefann said:
It's going to be another tough week for meals. DH had to go out of town for work, and it's such a drag to cook for one. (As Edna Krabapple from The Simpsons says, "Soup for one, pasta for one, wine for four." :) )

Sounds good to me!;)

I am having wine!

with DH & DS gone, DD andI will manage to drum something up, but I am seriously looking forward to a LARGE glass of wine tonight!

The kids get pizza, I'll just eat something quick that I can heat in the microwave, because I have a show!!:D

We are having hamburgers on the grill and baked beans and fries.

Ill second that glass of wine I spent the better part of my day waiting at the car shop to have my tires done! I'm thinking we'll have Salmon cakes w lime sauce (its good for you cookbook) but I am substituting tuna for salmon!

We're camping out in the back yard tonight. I think we're doing burgers & hot dogs. Oh, and definitely S'Mores!! :D YUM!

I put some chicken sausage with apple (really a breakfast sausage) in the square baker and covered them with vegetarian baked beans. I drain the beans first then add ketchup, mustard and brown sugar. Baking for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.

It's actually a little cold here, and I have a sweatshirt on. The oven can warm up my house. It's a beautiful, clear, sunny day, but it's breezy. I have the windows open, but I keep closing them a little more every once in a while. My house was 72 degrees, last I looked. Warmer than winter but colder than when I have the air conditioning going.

Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet! Thought I'd try it for the first time. It's tasty, but it's still just glorified ramen noodles. Nowhere near as impressive as the Creamy One-Pot Pasta.

Pork chop cutlets stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeño peppers. String beans.

JAE said:
I put some chicken sausage with apple (really a breakfast sausage) in the square baker and covered them with vegetarian baked beans. I drain the beans first then add ketchup, mustard and brown sugar. Baking for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.

It's actually a little cold here, and I have a sweatshirt on. The oven can warm up my house. It's a beautiful, clear, sunny day, but it's breezy. I have the windows open, but I keep closing them a little more every once in a while. My house was 72 degrees, last I looked. Warmer than winter but colder than when I have the air conditioning going.

It's 92 outside and about 88 in the house:yuck::cry::yuck:

i have to share my dinner idea from 2nite

I found some fresh beets and spring onions at the farmers market friday. i tossed them whole with olive oil, italian seasoning, and pressed garlic. did the same for uncooked, shelled shrimp. used the grill basket to roast the beets and onions for 2 mins or so, then added the shrimp for about 4 mins.

i took off the charred layer of onion, but not the beets. everything was tres yummy!

rennea said:
I take it you aren't using air conditioning. Do you have it? I don't like my house warmer than 74. I really don't like it much colder than that either, but I can't afford to keep it that warm in the winter.

DS liked dinner. He had Lucky Charms for dessert.

JAE said:
I take it you aren't using air conditioning. Do you have it? I don't like my house warmer than 74. I really don't like it much colder than that either, but I can't afford to keep it that warm in the winter.

DS liked dinner. He had Lucky Charms for dessert.

Don't have air conditioning:cry:

susanr613 said:
i have to share my dinner idea from 2nite

I found some fresh beets and spring onions at the farmers market friday. i tossed them whole with olive oil, italian seasoning, and pressed garlic. did the same for uncooked, shelled shrimp. used the grill basket to roast the beets and onions for 2 mins or so, then added the shrimp for about 4 mins.

i took off the charred layer of onion, but not the beets. everything was tres yummy!

Sounds yummo!!

My DH went out of town so I got to eat leftovers....lucky me ;-)
Pork tenderloin rubbed with peppercorn and cheesy noodles..

We had pork tenderloin with the Rosemary Herb Seasoning (DCB in the microwave) and baked potatoes. We've been moving the past two days and wanted something easy. (This isn't a major move; just to a larger apartment across the hall.)

rennea said:

Ditto--- so I didn't cook! :) We had left over chicken and veggie stir fry with whole wheat linguine noodles. And a pudding pop! :) Mmmm

Related to What's Grilling on a Scorching Day?

1. What are some easy and quick dinner recipes for June 30th?

Some easy and quick dinner recipes for June 30th include grilled chicken with vegetables, pasta with pesto sauce, and shrimp stir-fry with rice. These recipes can be prepared in under 30 minutes and are perfect for a busy weeknight.

2. Are there any seasonal ingredients to incorporate into my June 30th dinner?

Yes, there are plenty of seasonal ingredients to incorporate into your June 30th dinner. Some examples include fresh summer fruits like strawberries and peaches, as well as vegetables like zucchini, corn, and tomatoes.

3. Can I make a vegetarian dinner for June 30th?

Absolutely! There are many delicious vegetarian dinner options for June 30th. Some ideas include veggie tacos, quinoa and vegetable stir-fry, or a summer vegetable and cheese frittata.

4. How can I make a dinner that will please both kids and adults on June 30th?

One way to please both kids and adults on June 30th is to make a build-your-own dinner, such as a taco bar or a pizza night. This allows everyone to customize their meal to their liking. Another option is to make a dish that can easily be adapted for picky eaters, like a pasta dish with a variety of toppings to choose from.

5. Can I make a dinner that is both healthy and indulgent on June 30th?

Yes, you can! One idea is to make a grilled salmon dish with a side of roasted vegetables and a small serving of creamy mashed potatoes. This meal provides a balance of nutritious and indulgent elements. Alternatively, you could make a hearty salad with grilled chicken or tofu and top it with a flavorful dressing for a healthy yet satisfying meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
krahema
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedbybarbara