• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the Menu for Christmas Dinner?

In summary, we're planning a roast duck, au gratin potatoes, garlicky green beans with pine nuts, Parker House rolls, tiramisu, and assorted chips, crackers, and a cheese ball.
We are dooing prime rib
twice baked potatoes
green bean casserol
and a cake

babywings76 said:
What is the recipe for the Country Breakfast Bake? Is it kid pleasing?
From "More Stoneware Sensations", p32.

1/4 cup green onions with tops, chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
3 cups frozen southern-style hash brown potatoes
4 slices bacon, partically cooked, cut up
3 tablespoons vegetable oil or bacon drippings
4 eggs
salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 ounces Colby & Monterey Jack chese blend, shredded (1/2 cup)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Chop onions and bell pepper using Food Chopper, place in 9" square baker. Add potatoes, bacon and oil; mix well and spread evenly over bottom of Baker. Bake 20 minutes, stirring potato mixture after 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Remove baker from oven and make 4 impressions in potato mixture with back of Bambo Spoon. Bread an egg into each impression. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Return to oven; continue baking 15 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven. Using Deluxe Cheese Grater shred cheese evenly over eggs. Yield: 4 servings. Can easily be doubled and cooked in 9 x 13 pan.

AnnieBee said:
Hugs back!

And believe me, if I didn't think you were kidding, I could mention a few interesting US "dishes"... But I don't think we need to resurrect the jello thread :D!

Just be sure to remember the English next time you make a trifle :)

What? You don't like spit-roasted groundhog? Frankly, the mere thought of Bubble and Squeak scares me. LOL!

raebates said:
What? You don't like spit-roasted groundhog? Frankly, the mere thought of Bubble and Squeak scares me. LOL!

At least it's vegetarian!!! (Unlike the ground hog :))

Yeah, groundhog isn't particularly vegetarian-friendly. Then again, the recipes I've seen for Bubble and Squeak include bacon and ham, so it's not exactly vegetarian either. Of course, it's easier to leave the animal products out of Bubble and Squeak than it is groundhog. ;)

Prime Rib (I'm thinking in the DCB!)
Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes (stoneware bar pan)
Green Beans
Wine du jour
Salad
Fresh Rolls from scratch (but we do use the bread machine to knead it!)
Chocolate Raspberry Cookie Trifle...having Christmas at home, not travelling, no inlaws, no outlaws. Dec.28th is the tot's adoption anniversary so they'll each plant an amaryllis.

We are eating with the DH family and I think we are having baked cornish hens, roasted potatoes, salad, some fruit yogurt thing, and bread

You know how you always see those people at the grocery store on Christmas eve or Thanksgiving eve with the frozen rock solid turkey and you just shake your head...

That was me today!!! We had a family emergency that took us out of town from Sunday until late this afternoon. Happy to have gone, but really messed me up on shopping, etc. Presents are very limited, and we had to stop on the way back from Traverse City to pick up Christmas dinner. I was the lady, totally frazzled, in the Meijer store today trying to figure out how I was going to get this done.

You would me amazed at how fast you can work, once you set your mind to it. So far, the sweet potatoes are mashed and ready for the oven, the topping for them is ready, the dressing is all put together (no stuffing a bird here.. just a turkey breast. Hopefully it will defrost by mid afternoon Christmas day). There is going to be some sort of escalloped or gratin of potatoes, but can't say which.

Shrimp for appetizers, asparagus for veggie and a store bought (yes, I can't believe I am saying this) raspberry pie for dessert,

One thing I learned this past week, it's not about the food or presents, it's about the people. Out tree is only half decorated, and there are very few gifts, but like I said, it's not about any of that. Merry Christmas to all.

I believe that those holidays where nothing goes as planned are often the most memorable. I hope your day is filled with love and joy!

Prime Rib
Potato Bake (Mashed Potatoes with Bacon Grease and Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix, layered with Bacon and Cheese -- bake for 30 minutes)
Fresh Greens Salad
Rolls
Green Beans
Peppermint Creme Pie

Yum!!

We ended up with an impromptu Christmas dinner. Hubby was supposed to get a ham but he forgot completely!! So we dug through the freezer. We ended up having 2" thick smoked pork chops (tasted like ham!), mashed potatoes & gravy, corn & brussell sprouts. In a little while we are having snacks of crackers & dips. Garlic Garlic, Bacon Bacon & Spinach & Herb dips from Tastefully Simple. I also made a cheese dip (it's supposed to be a cheese ball but I just mix it up but don't form it into a ball. We also have our favorite Jello dish. It was still in liquid form earlier so we couldn't have it with supper!! A friend came over & she brought Buckeye Brownies & Lemon Cake! If anyone is interested, I will make Hot Chocolate or Caramel Apple Spice to drink.

The duck was really good--kind of a cross between chicken and turkey.

<h2>1. What do I need to make Roast Duck for Christmas dinner?</h2><p>To make Roast Duck, you will need a whole duck, salt, pepper, and any desired seasonings or herbs. You will also need a roasting pan and a meat thermometer to ensure that the duck is cooked to the proper temperature.</p><h2>2. How do I prepare Au Gratin Potatoes for Christmas dinner?</h2><p>To prepare Au Gratin Potatoes, you will need potatoes, cheese, milk, butter, flour, and seasonings. You will need to peel and slice the potatoes, then layer them with the cheese and sauce mixture before baking in the oven until golden and bubbly.</p><h2>3. Can you provide the recipe for Garlicky Green Beans with Pine Nuts?</h2><p>Yes, the recipe for Garlicky Green Beans with Pine Nuts can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our holiday recipe booklet. It calls for fresh green beans, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, and seasonings, and can be prepared by sautéing the ingredients together in a pan.</p><h2>4. Are the Parker House Rolls available for purchase through Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of bread and roll mixes, including Parker House Rolls, that can be purchased and prepared at home. These rolls can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving for Christmas dinner.</p><h2>5. What is the recommended method for preparing the Tiramisu?</h2><p>To prepare Tiramisu, you will need ladyfingers, coffee, mascarpone cheese, eggs, sugar, and cocoa powder. The ladyfingers are dipped in the coffee and layered with the cheese mixture before chilling in the refrigerator. It is recommended to make this dessert the day before Christmas dinner to allow the flavors to develop.</p>

1. What do I need to make Roast Duck for Christmas dinner?

To make Roast Duck, you will need a whole duck, salt, pepper, and any desired seasonings or herbs. You will also need a roasting pan and a meat thermometer to ensure that the duck is cooked to the proper temperature.

2. How do I prepare Au Gratin Potatoes for Christmas dinner?

To prepare Au Gratin Potatoes, you will need potatoes, cheese, milk, butter, flour, and seasonings. You will need to peel and slice the potatoes, then layer them with the cheese and sauce mixture before baking in the oven until golden and bubbly.

3. Can you provide the recipe for Garlicky Green Beans with Pine Nuts?

Yes, the recipe for Garlicky Green Beans with Pine Nuts can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our holiday recipe booklet. It calls for fresh green beans, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, and seasonings, and can be prepared by sautéing the ingredients together in a pan.

4. Are the Parker House Rolls available for purchase through Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of bread and roll mixes, including Parker House Rolls, that can be purchased and prepared at home. These rolls can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving for Christmas dinner.

5. What is the recommended method for preparing the Tiramisu?

To prepare Tiramisu, you will need ladyfingers, coffee, mascarpone cheese, eggs, sugar, and cocoa powder. The ladyfingers are dipped in the coffee and layered with the cheese mixture before chilling in the refrigerator. It is recommended to make this dessert the day before Christmas dinner to allow the flavors to develop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Stephaniecafe
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips