• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas: Ham, Desserts, and Side Dishes

In summary, for Christmas dinner, popular main dish options include roast turkey, glazed ham, prime rib, and roasted pork loin. Traditional side dishes often include mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and roasted vegetables. To make the dinner more budget-friendly, consider choosing a less expensive main dish, making homemade sides, and asking guests to bring a dish to share. Traditional Christmas desserts include fruitcake, Christmas pudding, gingerbread cookies, and yule log cake, but non-traditional options can include dishes from different cultures or cuisines such as Mexican tamales, seafood, or vegetarian dishes.
esavvymom
Staff member
What are you guys making for Christmas Dinner? I'm drawing blanks. I know I'm doing a Honey-baked ham. We're having one other family over- so not sure what to ask her to bring- thinking she can bring a favorite dessert and a veggie tray or something.

I'm leaning towards either a Sweet Potato Souffle recipe that I have, or a Twice-baked potato casserole.

just wondering what ya'll are doing. :)

Check out the "what's for Christmas DInner" thread :)

AHH!! Found it. Thank you. :) Didn't see it before.

Related to Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas: Ham, Desserts, and Side Dishes

1. What are some popular main dishes for Christmas dinner?

The most common main dishes for Christmas dinner include roast turkey, glazed ham, prime rib, and roasted pork loin. Vegetarian options like stuffed portobello mushrooms or lentil loaf are also becoming more popular.

2. What are some traditional side dishes for Christmas dinner?

Traditional side dishes for Christmas dinner often include mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and roasted vegetables. Other popular options include sweet potato casserole, brussels sprouts, and glazed carrots.

3. How can I make my Christmas dinner menu more budget-friendly?

To make your Christmas dinner menu more budget-friendly, consider choosing a less expensive main dish like a roasted chicken instead of a prime rib. You can also opt for homemade sides instead of store-bought ones and ask guests to bring a side dish or dessert to share.

4. Are there any traditional Christmas desserts?

Some popular traditional Christmas desserts include fruitcake, Christmas pudding, gingerbread cookies, and yule log cake. However, many families have their own unique dessert traditions for Christmas dinner.

5. What are some creative ideas for a non-traditional Christmas dinner menu?

If you want to switch things up and have a non-traditional Christmas dinner, consider serving dishes from a different culture or cuisine. Some ideas include a Mexican-inspired feast with tamales and enchiladas, a seafood-centric meal with lobster and crab, or a vegetarian spread with dishes like stuffed acorn squash and quinoa salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nicki25
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • littlemaisyPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies