• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easter Covered Dish Ideas: Delicious and PC Options for Your Family Gathering

In summary, all of the family is bringing something different to my grandmother's Easter dinner, but I am clueless as to what to bring. I might try the tortellini and ham and spinach recipe from the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook. Alternatively, I could do a layered salad in the trifle bowl. Another option would be mini quiche in the mini muffin pan.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
This year our family is trying something new. We are now being asked to bring a covered dish to my grandmother's for our Easter dinner. I want to do something PC, but don't have the slightest idea. She wants to know what we are bringing by next weekend. What can I bring other than dessert since everyone has replied that so far. All I know that is being brought besides TONS of dessert is ham & potato salad.

TIA!

I am a fan of casseroles.

Green Bean Casserole Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Show: Paula's Home Cooking
Episode: Bean Cuisine

1/3 stick butter
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
2 cups sliced green beans
3 cups chicken broth
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (2.8-ounce) can French-fried onion rings
Pinch House Seasoning, recipe follows
1 cup grated Cheddar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a large skillet. Saute the onions and mushrooms in the butter. Boil green beans in chicken broth for 10 minutes and drain. Add the green beans, mushroom soup, onion rings, and House Seasoning, to taste, to the onion mixture. Stir well. Pour into a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, then top the casserole with the Cheddar and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted.

House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

I also think some place there is a recipe for Asparagus wrapped in phylo dough...

HTH

Bumping for more input!! TIA!

Any of our brunch bake/egg casseroles would be great. Do a recipe search behind CC for brunch.The new brunch squares
Bountiful Brunch Pizza
Garden Omlette ring/wreath/braidDo a yogurt parfait in your Trifle Bowl

Bacon wrapped Aspagrass (sp?) pretty self explanatory but my family freaks out over anything wrapped in bacon. Its good at brunch and as a side dish any other time. For some reason we only really eat this at Easter.

What about roasted veggies? Use either a stone or the new sheet pans--
a mixture of potatoes, carrots, fennel, etc. would be great for Easter!

How about an appetizer - or do you need to make something for the main dinner?

For an appetizer - Clubhouse Chicken Squares, Taco Dip, Pizza Dip, or Spinach artichoke dip?? Or even mini-ham puffs?

I also noticed that the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook has a Tortellini & Ham & Spinach recipe - which has ham so maybe that might tie in with Easter and be a little different.

How about the Savory Sandwich Ring? I am not sure how casual you can be.
There is an Antipasto Bread recipe in More Stoneware Sensations. There is a Parmesan Pepper Pull-Apart Bread in old SBs. Never tried either.

If you want something non-PC - I love to bring Easy Cheesy Potato casserole. If you are interested, I can post the recipe.
Or fresh veggie platter with some sort of dip.

Last edited:
I'm still not quite sure what to make. Please ideas are needed. I need to let my grandmother know by Thursday.

How about the one-pot pasta...the new Real Food, Real Fast recipe? It could easily be a side dish.

Hijacking ... sort of...
I am in a similar predicament with bringing a side dish to Easter dinner at my sister in laws. PC cathleen Could you send me that potatoe casserole. I might try that.

Layered Salad in the Trifle Bowl, mini quiche in the mini muffin pan. Look through any PC cookbooks that you have for some more great ideas.

A layered salad in the trifle bowl would look beautiful. I did the Southwest salad that way...the one with the beans, and fritos. It was very pretty. But, a regular salad would also look beautiful layered in the trifle dish.

SandiLeigh said:
Hijacking ... sort of...
I am in a similar predicament with bringing a side dish to Easter dinner at my sister in laws. PC cathleen Could you send me that potatoe casserole. I might try that.

I will post it when I get home tonight!

Related to Easter Covered Dish Ideas: Delicious and PC Options for Your Family Gathering

What are some easy and delicious covered dish ideas for Easter?

Some easy and delicious covered dish ideas for Easter include:
- Ham and cheese sliders
- Deviled eggs
- Vegetable casserole
- Cheesy potato bake
- Honey glazed carrots
- Spring salad with citrus dressing
All of these dishes can be made using Pampered Chef products to save time and effort in the kitchen.

Can you suggest some vegetarian covered dish options for Easter?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian covered dish options for Easter that are both delicious and PC-friendly. Some ideas include:
- Spinach and feta stuffed mushrooms
- Quinoa and black bean casserole
- Grilled vegetable and goat cheese tart
- Eggplant parmesan bake
- Caprese pasta salad
All of these options are sure to please vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.

Are there any gluten-free options for covered dishes at Easter?

Absolutely! Some gluten-free covered dish ideas for Easter include:
- Baked herb chicken with vegetables
- Roasted sweet potatoes with maple pecan glaze
- Broccoli and cauliflower gratin
- Lemon herb quinoa salad
- Stuffed bell peppers with ground turkey and rice
All of these dishes are gluten-free and can be made using Pampered Chef products.

What are some kid-friendly covered dish ideas for Easter?

If you have picky eaters in your family, here are some kid-friendly covered dish ideas for Easter:
- Mac and cheese with hidden veggies
- Mini chicken pot pies
- Cheesy meatball sliders
- Tater tot casserole
- Chicken and vegetable stir-fry with rice
These dishes are not only delicious, but they also incorporate healthy ingredients that kids will love.

Can you suggest some dessert options for a covered dish Easter gathering?

Sure! Here are some delicious dessert options for your Easter gathering:
- Strawberry shortcake trifle
- Fruit and yogurt parfait
- Lemon bars
- Chocolate-covered peanut butter eggs
- Carrot cake cupcakes
All of these desserts can be made using Pampered Chef products for a professional and impressive presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies