• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Good Recipe to Take to a Potluck?

Ingredients:1 lb. ground chicken1 can black beans, drained and rinsed1 can corn1 can diced tomatoes1 can diced green chilies1 tsp. chili powder1 tsp. cumin1/2 tsp. salt1/4 tsp. black pepper1/4 cup chopped onion1 tomato, diced1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper1 Tbsp. olive oil1 cup shredded cheddar cheese1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantroDirections:1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground chicken. Drain any excess fat and set aside.2. Add
babywings76
Gold Member
Every 2nd Sunday, our church has a Munch & Mingle after our services are over. I keep trying to think of good things to take. Our church meetings together add up to 3 hours, and we aren't able to use the stove or oven, so it has to be something that can just be cooked in a crockpot or something that can sit out for 3 hours or be kept in the fridge and then taken out and served right away. I like to bring something main dish-like because a lot of people just bring dessert or salads or chips.

I've already done Taco Soup one month, and last month I did meatballs in sauce and cooked noodles separately at home and had them in a bag and then combined them right before serving.

Any ideas? PC recipes would be ideal, but crock pot recipes are good, too.

Of course this is chips but you could do touch down taco dip. When we do our linger longers we have themes, we have done nachoes to bread and jams to dirt cups.
Little smokies wapped in cresant rolls dont know how good those would be sitting in a crock pot though.
You could do laságna in the crock pot, baked beans

Amanda, I know you've used Pinterest. Go to my site and I have a lot of casserole/slow cooker recipes in their own section/board.

Here are a couple of recipes.

Crockpot Pot Roast
1-2 lbs. lean stew meat
2 Tbl. flour
1 envelope dry onion soup mix (I use beefy onion)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1-2 soupcans water (as desired)
1 bag baby carrots

Sprinkle flour over beef; brown in a hot skillet. While that's browning, combine soup, carrots and soup mix in crockpot. Add browned beef & juices to crockpot; stir well. Cover and let cook on low 6-8 hours; on high 4-6 hours.

Serve with mashed potatoes.

Chicken & Rice Casserole (bake in 9x13 baker)
4 chicken breasts, cut in half
1 cup rice
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 soup can of water

Whisk together soups & water in baker; add rice, stir to combine. Place chicken breast pieces in mixture. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes; stirring once or twice during baking. Serve with veggies of choice.

Zesty Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken serves 6
6 chicken breasts
garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste
1 can 99% FF chicken broth
1-12 oz. bottle BBQ sauce (Famous Dave's, Jack Daniels, avoid the cheap stuff)
1/2 c. Italian dressing (cheap stuff is okay)
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 T. worcheshire sauce

1. Season chicken with garlic, pepper, and salt. Put into crockpot with chicken broth. Cook for 3-4 hours on high.
2. Remove chicken from crockpot draining the grease; shred chicken.
3. Return to crockpot with the remaining ingredients. Cook on low an additional 1-2 hours.

Although this recipe serves six, we find that one chicken breast per person is too much. When we take it to a pot luck, we serve with the mini hamburger buns. Everyone seems to enjoy the alternative to the typical pork BBQ sandwiches.

In your situation, I think you could cook the chicken at home, shred, return to crockpot and cook the sauce with the chicken at church. I hope this helps--better late than never. :)

How about the Chili Cornbread Bake? Or a sandwich ring?

You can take pretty much any recipe for the DCB and put it in a crock pot.

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have several delicious and easy recipes that would be perfect for your church potluck. One of my favorites is the Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole. It can be made in a crockpot and only requires a few simple ingredients. Another option is the Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork, which can be served on buns or as a main dish with some sides. Both of these recipes can be found on the Pampered Chef website under the "Recipes" tab. I hope this helps and I'm sure your church community will love whichever dish you choose to bring! Happy cooking!

1. What are some easy and delicious recipes to bring to a potluck?

Some popular options for potluck dishes are casseroles, pasta salads, and dips. Some specific recipes that are always a hit include seven-layer dip, macaroni and cheese casserole, and pasta salad with homemade dressing.

2. How can I make sure my dish will stay fresh during transportation?

A good tip for avoiding spoilage during transportation is to use an insulated carrier or wrap your dish in foil and place it in a cooler with ice packs. You can also wait to add any toppings or dressings until you arrive at the potluck.

3. What are some vegetarian or vegan options for a potluck?

Some easy and delicious vegetarian or vegan dishes to bring to a potluck include black bean and corn salsa, quinoa salad, and roasted vegetable skewers. You can also make a simple hummus and vegetable platter for dipping.

4. Can I make a dessert to bring to a potluck that doesn't require baking?

Yes, there are many no-bake dessert options that are perfect for a potluck. Some ideas include fruit salad, chocolate-covered pretzel rods, and rice crispy treats. You can also bring pre-made cookies or brownies from a local bakery.

5. How much food should I bring to a potluck?

A general rule of thumb is to bring enough food for at least 8-10 people. However, if the potluck is larger or you want to make sure there are leftovers, you can double the recipe or bring a second dish. It's always better to have more food than not enough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • esavvymom