• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last-Minute Dessert Ideas for a Staff/Teacher Appreciation Luncheon

In summary, a staff/teacher appreciation luncheon is this Friday, and the desserts will be ordered in 4 lasagnas with 4 caesar salads and garlic bread. There are only 2 desserts, so the author would like to contribute by making one. The recipe for the trifle is included in the book that came with the torte pans, but can also be made the night before.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I just came home from our Home and School meeting. Found out that our Staff/Teacher Appreciation Luncheon is this Friday. I'm at my full time job tomorrow, home at 4, leaving at 5:30 for a show 40 minutes away and won't be home until 10 or so. I ALWAYS bring a dessert. They order in 4 lasagnas with 4 caesar salads and garlic bread and then 4 or 5 people bring dessert. They only have 2 desserts so far so I'd like to step up like I normally do. I haven't been doing a lot this year due to taking on a full time day job and having more shows on my schedule. Oh, and of course moving now and trying to plan a house to build.

Last year I did Choc Chip Sensation and Profiterole Puffs, year before Tuxedo Brownie Cups. Any idea what I could do this year? I'm thinking a chocolate trifle I could throw together tomorrow night late and then something else? Or maybe something else altogether and NO trifle. I'm not sure I want to send my trifle bowl to school :eek: .

To complicate matters further, we are leaving at noon on Friday to drive 2 hours for a hockey tournament my son is playing in so the kids weren't even going to school. I volunteered to pick up the food at the restaurant and drop it and my dessert(s) off at 10:45 for the first lunch at 10:55. That's about it for my contribution (won't be there to set up, serve, or clean up) and that's why I don't want to leave my bowl unsupervised before, during, during clean up and all weekend until Monday! :eek:

Any quick, easy, AWESOME recipes I could make tomorrow night for Friday morning?

Anyone? Please? HELPPPP :eek:

You could make the Chocolate Raspberry Torte recipe that came with the New Torte Pans. It is simple to make and so yummy.

Hmm...thanks Stacy. I have to admit I haven't even looked at the recipe it came with. Is it really easy? Can it be made the night before? Lots of ingredients required?

I'm manically trying to get ready for a show and check on here too....now to find out where that recipe is and check it out :rolleyes:

Thanks for the idea. Anyone else?

I have a torte recipe that I threw together this past weekend that was pretty quick and delicious!! I baked a yellow cake mix in the torte pans. While they were cooling I made choco pudding and mixed in some cool whip and peanut butter. When the cakes were cool I spread the pudding mixture over the first layer, chopped up some Reese peanut butter cups and spread that over the pudding. I used the EAD and added some cool whip around the outside of the first layer. Then I added the second layer of cake and put the same pudding mixture on top with more Reese peanut butter cups and cool whip. Everyone loved it!

Mmmm....that sounds SOOOO yummy! I think I'll try that for a show or at least at home for all of us PB lovers :D

Unfortunately, we're a 'peanut free' school due to allergies :(

OOOH...I didn't even think about that, sorry! However, if you are a PB lover (like myself) then you need to try it!

The recipe calls for Devils Food Cake baked between the two torte pans. While baking mix cream cheese, orange zest, powdered sugar, and cool whip together. You will need 1/4 c of raspberry jam, seedless. Place one cooled cake on serving plate. Put half of cream cheese mixture on cake. Spread thin layer of jam. Place second cake on top, repeat steps of cream cheese mixture and jam. Put fresh raspberries on top if you want. Really yummy.

So I guess I'd make it the night before (the cake part) and then make the filling in the morning and take it with me? Would it fit on the round platter?

Just a tidbit...before PC came out with a trifle bowl, I used to make trifles for big events. Somewhere I got a big plastic punch bowl...I think I even got it at a dollar store...

I would triple a trifle recipe, make it in the big bowl, it would serve TONS of people and I never had a fear of anyone dropping my bowl and breaking it.

I know - non PC serving item, but it works great for some of those functions!

kcjodih said:
So I guess I'd make it the night before (the cake part) and then make the filling in the morning and take it with me? Would it fit on the round platter?

I made the cake the night before & actually made it all & put it in the fridge to see how it would be...so the whole cake/toppings & all...and it was YUMMY that way. Even with the drive & all, I think you should go with this, it was a HUGE hit w/ everyone that has tried it.

I put mine in the Simple Additions large Dot Bowl!!

Sorry, I meant would the torte fit on the large round platter? :eek: :D

Yes it should fit on there just fine!!! Test it out with the pan first!!!

1. How can I find a recipe quickly?

One option is to browse our website for recipes by ingredient, meal type, or dietary restriction. You can also use our search bar to find specific recipes.

2. Can I filter recipes by cooking time?

Yes, our website allows you to filter recipes by cooking time. Simply select your desired cooking time under the "Filter By" section on the recipe page.

3. I have specific dietary restrictions. Can I find recipes that cater to my needs?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes that cater to specific dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and keto. You can use our "Dietary Needs" filter to find recipes that fit your needs.

4. Can I save recipes for future use?

Yes, you can create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes for future use. You can also create custom recipe collections to easily access your saved recipes.

5. Are there any quick and easy recipes for busy weeknights?

Absolutely! Our website has a section dedicated to quick and easy recipes for busy weeknights. You can also use our "Cooking Time" filter to find recipes that can be made in under 30 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
smile10308
  • jrstephens
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies