• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Make for Teacher Appreication Week??

In summary, Jessica made a trifle for her school's Valentine's Day lunch and it was a huge hit. She also suggests a trifle made with chocolate wafers and regular chocolate instead of melted chocolate.
peichef
I need help. I volunteered to make bring a recess snack for the staff at my twins' school tomorrow. What should I make? I just got the stoneware fluted pan & the 12" executive skillet --- I am aching to use them.
Also, on Friday I am making a dessert for the "staff appreciation week" lunch. Any ideas????

I made a typo in the title -- any way to correct it?? I hate typos.

You could make the Chocolate Velvet Strawberry Cake, it's a good hit!

How many teachers are you having to feed?I believe that you can't edit the title. KG typed up a bunch of tips for getting around Chef Success. I think I read it there.

There are about 40-45 staff. But 5 people are bringing food each day. I had been thinking "muffins" or mini-muffins, but I don't want to have to make 5 batches -- plus I REALLY want to use one of my new pans. (I was thinking some sort of coffee cake, maybe.)

Here is the non-PC recipe I use for Coffee cake. It is yummy. I usually mix a bit of powdered sugar and water to make a glaze for the top. This is made in the fluted pan.Coffee Cake
1 Yellow cake mix
½ pint sour cream
4 eggs
1 pkg. Instant vanilla pudding
¼ cup oilPlace all ingredients in one bowl. Beat for 8 minutes at high speed. Pour half of the batter into a fluted pan. Pour in ¼ cup sugar mixed with cinnamon. Cover with remaining half of batter. Bake at 375 deg. for 40-45 minutes.

peichef said:
There are about 40-45 staff. But 5 people are bringing food each day. I had been thinking "muffins" or mini-muffins, but I don't want to have to make 5 batches -- plus I REALLY want to use one of my new pans. (I was thinking some sort of coffee cake, maybe.)

What's really good in the mini muffin pan is the Cream Puffs (cannot remember the exact name). It doesn't take very long to make a few batches and they are so good.

For dessert I would try some of the new recipes. I made the chocolate velvet cake and the pineaple upside down cake this weekend, everyone loved them!! You could use both of your new items!

thanks guys. Now I just pray we don't get the storm they are calling for.

My husband is a teacher and he loves anything that people bring as long as it is food! LOL!!!:D :eek:

I just took in treats to my sister's school. I made the Tuxedo Brownie Cups and they were a huge hit. They were gone in seconds and everyone wants the recipe. One lady said they were so good, she might just have to buy the mini muffin pan so she can make them. I just hope sales and bookings come through!

Oooh...hadn't thought of the tuxedo brownie cups!!

Could I suggest for the snack tomorrow something that is yummy, but not overly sweet or even something savory? As a teacher myself, I know that the faculty room is always loaded with lots of sweets and at this time of year, lots of teachers (and others) are trying to diet. And of course we have Valentine's on Thursday. Maybe a dip or the baked brie? It's fattening, but at least its got calcium! There are also lots of yummy dips in the "It's Good For You Cookbook." I also really like the Pepper Pecans(I don't remember the exact name) that I think was in SBC last fall ('06). I always make them in my 8" skillet, so you could do a lot in the 12". They are sweet, but not overwhealmingly so and they have that nice peppery kick to them.

But I do agree with Jennifer-teachers will eat pretty much anything!
Jessica

For Valentine's Day I made the Oreo Truffles and put them in the SA heart. BIG hit!

Oreo truffles???? Do share :)
As a former teacher (turned sahm) I want to do something really nice for them. (From my own frame of reference, that usually involves chocolate -- lol.)
So we had a snow day yesterday -- but I still have to make a dessert for tomorrow's lunch. I am thinking choc. velvet cake & am open to suggestions.

The teachers at my school (I'm a teacher, too) LOVE trifles. They get so excited when they see the trifle bowl out...lol. :)

I got the recipe for the Oreo Truffles here in the files. They were a HUGE hit! Instead of melting regular chocolate, I used pink and purple chocolate wafers. They were really pretty! OH, I put the recipe on my PWS and referred the teachers there for the recipe. I always get asked for it. :) We also gave some to the bus drivers. They were very appreciative.

I just emailed you the Oreo Truffle recipe. :)

Crud....is this week teacher app week everywhere? Sheesh, we'll be in trouble if we didn't realize here. (I'm on PTO--but so new at it!)

No, teacher appreciation is in May, I believe. Don't worry! :)

May it is! First grade teacher here! Our PTO and admin are so great. We get meals and goodies all week! One day breakfast, three days lunch (PTO, principal, and sau office) and little gifts every day - it's heaven!

What are some easy and quick recipes to make for Teacher Appreciation Week?

We recommend our Mini Meatball Sliders, which can be made ahead of time and reheated for a delicious and convenient option. Our Strawberry Spinach Salad is also a popular choice, as it can be easily customized to fit any dietary restrictions.

What are some budget-friendly recipes for Teacher Appreciation Week?

Our Taco Dip and Veggie Crescent Bites are both affordable and tasty options that can feed a large group. Our No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are also a budget-friendly treat that teachers will love.

What are some ideas for homemade gifts to give to teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week?

We suggest making our Mason Jar Cookie Mix, which is not only a thoughtful gift but also a fun activity for students to make with their parents. Another great option is our DIY Herb Garden, which is a unique and practical gift for any teacher.

What are some recipes that are suitable for large groups of teachers?

Our Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole and Baked Ziti are both crowd-pleasing dishes that can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a large group. Our Loaded Potato Salad is also a great option for potlucks or group events.

What are some healthy options for Teacher Appreciation Week?

Our Turkey and Hummus Roll-Ups and Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette are both nutritious and delicious options that teachers will appreciate. Our Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits are also a refreshing and healthy treat for any teacher to enjoy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • smspamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • cookingisfunagain
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies