• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for dinner tonight: sandwiches and potato soup?

????:confused:Has there ever been a thread on here that wasn't... ????:confused:Oh my goodness - I just looked at both of our names..... You are SO funny! Oh my goodness - I just looked at both of our names..... You are SO funny! Hmm...never thought of that?! Does vodka have any sugar in it?! :yuck:yuck: Some vodka is made from potatoes, molasses
rennea
Gold Member
It's Monday!!!

What is everyone's favorite low fat recipe?

Today we are having a very easy dinner:

Sandwich's and smashed potato soup:chef:

I get to have a shake, salad, and jello...lots and lots of jello.

LOL!! I am on a 10-day diet. Today is day 1 and so today and tomorrow are the same and on Wed I get to eat meat!!!!

pampered.chris said:
I get to have a shake, salad, and jello...lots and lots of jello.

LOL!! I am on a 10-day diet. Today is day 1 and so today and tomorrow are the same and on Wed I get to eat meat!!!!

What diet is that? can you do jello shots???? yummmm

merego said:
What diet is that? can you do jello shots???? yummmm

Hmm...never thought of that?! Does vodka have any sugar in it?!

Dinner....I have to think about dinner?

Hmmmm, I may do BBQ'd chicken in the crockpot, and then roast some fingerlings, beets, and carrots w/ some EVOO and Rosemary herb mix....

chefbeckyd said:
dinner....i Have To Think About Dinner?

Hmmmm, I May Do Bbq'd Chicken In The Crockpot, And Then Roast Some Fingerlings, Beets, And Carrots W/ Some Evoo And Rosemary Herb Mix....

Mmmmmmm!!!

http://www.mealsforyou.com/cgi-bin/recipeCategory?category.fat+orderBy.fat

Try this link for low fat recipes! :) Enjoy--- I've got a stomach bug or something so I won't be eating and DH will have left over One Pot Creamy Goodness...

ChefBeckyD said:
Dinner....I have to think about dinner?

Hmmmm, I may do BBQ'd chicken in the crockpot, and then roast some fingerlings, beets, and carrots w/ some EVOO and Rosemary herb mix....

Okay - skip the rosemary herb mix......I just picked some fresh rosemary, parsley, thyme, and basil - so I will be doing my own fresh herb seasoning on my roasted veggies...along with fresh sliced tomatoes from my garden! The first of the season, WAHOO!

And for lunch, I am having Cascade Fresh Lemon Yogurt (natural brand sweetened with only fruit) with a bowl of freshly picked black raspberries from my garden!

I am loving my garden today!:love:

pampered.chris said:
Hmm...never thought of that?! Does vodka have any sugar in it?!

Some vodka is made from potatoes, molasses, soybeans, grapes, sugar beets and sometimes even byproducts of oil refining or wood pulp processing. ...

hmm... I have to make something that has reheatable leftovers, so DH has food for his lunch tomorrow and while I'm at Conference. We just had One Pot Pasta a week ago, but I guess I could make it again. He likes that, and with just 2 of us, there are a lot of leftovers.

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - skip the rosemary herb mix......I just picked some fresh rosemary, parsley, thyme, and basil - so I will be doing my own fresh herb seasoning on my roasted veggies...along with fresh sliced tomatoes from my garden! The first of the season, WAHOO!

And for lunch, I am having Cascade Fresh Lemon Yogurt (natural brand sweetened with only fruit) with a bowl of freshly picked black raspberries from my garden!

I am loving my garden today!:love:

I'm loving your garden today too! :) Mmmmm except when you said Cascade I thought for a split second you were going to eat dishwashing liquid- eeewww:yuck:

Kitchen Diva said:
I'm loving your garden today too! :) Mmmmm except when you said Cascade I thought for a split second you were going to eat dishwashing liquid- eeewww:yuck:

mmm... lemony fresh and sparkling!

:yuck:

chefann said:
mmm... lemony fresh and sparkling!

:yuck:

Funny you should say that! It was lemony fresh!:chef:......not so sparkly though.:confused:

ChefBeckyD said:
Funny you should say that! It was lemony fresh!:chef:......not so sparkly though.:confused:

Cascade has a lemony fresh dishwashing detergent...that's why we were giggling at the name of your yogurt- it sounded like dishwashing detergent!

Glad it was yummy however!

Kitchen Diva said:
Some vodka is made from potatoes, molasses, soybeans, grapes, sugar beets and sometimes even byproducts of oil refining or wood pulp processing. ...

And yet it tastes so good!! LOL

pampered.chris said:
And yet it tastes so good!! LOL

Who knew ! :) LOL

I wanna be the person that decided to try and see if consuming octopus or squid ink would be yummy... gotta wonder what they were thinking!

"Hey Vern- I double dog dare ya to squeeze that there octopush and drink his black ooze"

Naw-Earl I double dog dare you to cut off them legs and fry em up, and....

oh forget it... I'm too dehydrated to continue being creative...

Kitchen Diva said:
Cascade has a lemony fresh dishwashing detergent...that's why we were giggling at the name of your yogurt- it sounded like dishwashing detergent!

Glad it was yummy however!

I knew that Kacey......:p

I have no idea. Something WITHOUT squash tho. I'm sqaushed out. We have tons in our garden right now. I put up 8 gallon freezer bags this morning, plus I have about that much to do tomorrow. Anyone want some squash? LOL

crystalscookingnow said:
I have no idea. Something WITHOUT squash tho. I'm sqaushed out. We have tons in our garden right now. I put up 8 gallon freezer bags this morning, plus I have about that much to do tomorrow. Anyone want some squash? LOL

NO MORE SQUASH! We have a psycho squash plant in our garden that we KILLED last year and it came back! (shhh- if I talk about it, it hears me and grows another foot!) yikes!

OK, tonight I plan on making the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares for the first time. Does anyone have any tips?

I've never made the Hame and Cheese Squares, they sound good though. You'll have to let me know how they turn out.

Sorry Rennea! I am just very uninspired to come up with good lowfat recipes. I LIKE fat! Any lowfat recipe I make is that way because it would naturally be lowfat, but I'm not great at taking good recipes and turning them lowfat.I think what I am having for dinner tonight is pretty healthy...and probably lowfat. BBQ'd chicken, roasted veggies w/ fresh herbs, and sliced tomatoes and basil with balsamic dressing.....but I don't have a recipe for any of it - I'm just making it!:D

Rennea, I agree with the rambles or post whatever the heck you want! :)

Did you click on that link I provided for low fat recipes? I am with Becky on the, I don't make it low fat unless it already is on purpose. :) LOL

DessertDivaFL said:
OK, tonight I plan on making the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares for the first time. Does anyone have any tips?

I've made these twice. I use 3 cups of the cheese instead of 2. Everyone liked it better with bacon. If you precook your bacon, I don't think it's critical to cook them in the saute pan with the green onions. I also put the tomatoes on top right before it went into the oven. (My sister hates raw tomatoes and my husband thought it's weird to have a warm dish with a cold topping on it.) Make sure to use name brand toaster hash brown patties. I used the store brand ones the first time and they were flavorless. Second time was with Ore-Ida and they were good. Everyone at the show loved it!

When I made this for dinner the first time to try it out, I didn't feel satisfied with it as a dinner. It seemed that I needed something else to go along with it. Fruit, rolls, or something else.

Hope you have success! :)

I'm in the "fat's my friend club" :)

rennea said:
I'm in the "fat's my friend club" :)

I LOVE fat...just not on my face, thighs, stomach or toosh! Shoo-fat, shoo!

I've made the squares before, but I used sausage. They turned out really yummy that way. I did use the green onions with the sausage. Tried it once with the ham & it seemed kinda rubbery to me.

I made a lowfat chicken and cheese cassarole, however, no fat sour cream, low fat cheese and low fat crackers don't cook up to well, so it was more like soup. I knew that but wasn't thinking. We put it over noodles and it still tasted good.
DH and kids had rolls, I skipped the bread, ate too many cookies today. We are going out for a walk soon, it was a beautiful day here today :)

I need to make something with Ground Turkey. I probably don't have anything to go with it. I'll go look in the cupboards. I'll be having salad.

JAE said:
I need to make something with Ground Turkey. I probably don't have anything to go with it. I'll go look in the cupboards. I'll be having salad.

Turkey Burgers:chef:

babywings76 said:
i've Made These Twice. I Use 3 Cups Of The Cheese Instead Of 2. Everyone Liked It Better With Bacon. If You Precook Your Bacon, I Don't Think It's Critical To Cook Them In The Saute Pan With The Green Onions. I Also Put The Tomatoes On Top Right Before It Went Into The Oven. (my Sister Hates Raw Tomatoes And My Husband Thought It's Weird To Have A Warm Dish With A Cold Topping On It.) Make Sure To Use Name Brand Toaster Hash Brown Patties. I Used The Store Brand Ones The First Time And They Were Flavorless. Second Time Was With Ore-ida And They Were Good. Everyone At The Show Loved It!

When I Made This For Dinner The First Time To Try It Out, I Didn't Feel Satisfied With It As A Dinner. It Seemed That I Needed Something Else To Go Along With It. Fruit, Rolls, Or Something Else.

Hope You Have Success! :)

Thank You Amanda For Your Tips!

Making these for dessert tonight:chef:

Mini Chocolate Mousse
Cheesecakes
Makes 8
2 – 8oz (250 g) packages light cream cheese,at room
temperature
3 Tbsp (45 ml) Cocoa
1/2 cup (125 ml) granular sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 cup (180 ml) whipping cream
1 tsp (5 ml) Vanilla Extract
Boiling water for water bath
1. Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C). Place 8 - 6 oz (170 ml)
custard cups (ramekins) in roasting pan.
2. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat Cocoa and sugar.
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in whipping cream
and Vanilla Extract.
4. Pour mixture into ramekins.
5. Carefully pour boiling water in pan until water level
comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand
for 10 minutes. Remove ramekins and place on a cooling
rack until cooled to room temperature. Refrigerate
before serving.
Can be frozen and thawed.

rennea said:
I've never made the Hame and Cheese Squares, they sound good though. You'll have to let me know how they turn out.

OK, I have made them, ate some and put the leftovers away. The hashbrown/cheese crust didn't have much flavor. :grumpy: Maybe a national brand is better? I added Swiss cheese to the top after baking. I still felt like it was missing something though. The recipe didn't call for any salt. I think it needed some. I read some of you adding bacon or sausage. Maybe that is where I can get some salt. It was pretty in appearance. :love:

DessertDivaFL said:
OK, I have made them, ate some and put the leftovers away. The hashbrown/cheese crust didn't have much flavor. :grumpy: Maybe a national brand is better? I added Swiss cheese to the top after baking. I still felt like it was missing something though. The recipe didn't call for any salt. I think it needed some. I read some of you adding bacon or sausage. Maybe that is where I can get some salt. It was pretty in appearance. :love:
I was going to suggest that you use Southwestern Seasoning Mix to add some flavor. I didn't think it had enough flavor when I made it for us.

DessertDivaFL said:

That's how I felt the first time I made it. The second time using brand name and the bacon made a huge difference. Salt, that's probably it! :) Definitely looked great. I also think it is better eaten as a breakfast or brunch type meal, served with fruit also. For dinner, it just doesn't hit the spot. Can't quite figure out why, since I do breakfast for dinner once a week. Maybe because it's more work than just pancakes or waffles. And then after all that it's not quite enough? I don't know... :)

tonight was a can of ravioli and a cold beer the boys are at work and DD is at camp. I told my DH this is what dinner will be like when she graduates in 3 years.
of course when middle son comes home at 3:30 in the morning he'll come into our room to ask what dinner was and what he can reheat.

Teresa Lynn said:
tonight was a can of ravioli and a cold beer the boys are at work and DD is at camp. I told my DH this is what dinner will be like when she graduates in 3 years.
of course when middle son comes home at 3:30 in the morning he'll come into our room to ask what dinner was and what he can reheat.
LOL - Oh my word - that just cracked me up! Teresa, you always make these huge delicious sounding meals - the last thing I expected to read was a can of ravioli!:D:thumbup::D

you sound like my husband he just brought me half a frozen pizza HE WAS HUNGRY i guess when she graduates we'll have 2 cans :)

1. What types of sandwiches can I make for this dinner?

You can make a variety of sandwiches such as grilled cheese, turkey and avocado, BLT, or even a simple PB&J.

2. Can I substitute the potato soup for a different soup?

Yes, you can substitute the potato soup for any soup of your choice. Some popular options include tomato, chicken noodle, or broccoli cheddar soup.

3. How do I make the potato soup low fat?

To make the potato soup low fat, you can use low fat or non-dairy milk instead of heavy cream, and reduce the amount of butter used. You can also add more vegetables and use less bacon or cheese as toppings.

4. Is there a vegetarian option for this dinner?

Yes, you can make a vegetarian sandwich using grilled vegetables, hummus, or a veggie patty. For the soup, you can substitute chicken broth with vegetable broth and omit the bacon toppings.

5. Can I make the sandwiches and potato soup ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the sandwiches and potato soup ahead of time and reheat them when you are ready to serve. Just make sure to store them properly in airtight containers in the fridge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies