• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the Menu for Dinner Tonight?

In summary, the conversation revolved around different dinner options and meal ideas, with some participants experiencing contractions and others looking for sauce suggestions for their meals. Suggestions for meals included turkey tenderloin, pulled pork BBQ, tuna noodle casserole, and chicken tortilla soup. Some individuals were also planning to cook with chicken broth and were looking for meal ideas.
rennea
Gold Member
Well I think today I am going to make some bread so tonight we will have sandwiches and potato soup.

I know doesn't sound to exciting, haven't been in a cooking mood this week. I need some motivation!

I am roasting a Turkey Tenderloin w/ butternut squash, and steamed vegetable blend (carrots,green & yellow beans), and Kings Hawaiian Rolls.

I'm having leftover pulled pork bbq (sandwiches) from last night's meal, rice pilaf, and steamed broccoli.

I'm having mild contractions, so not feeling up to cooking a big dinner tonight.

I think we're going to have tuna noodle casserole tonight. My burgers last night were a flop (I think the patties I found in the freezer were badly freezer burned). DH likes things made with mushroom soup, so casserole will be good.

ChefJoyJ said:
I'm having mild contractions, so not feeling up to cooking a big dinner tonight.

Girl don't cook at all!!! That's a perfect excuse for take out!!!:D

Becky and Ann, what are you going to make with your chicken broth? I really don't have room for those three cartons. I have a list of ideas below so I can reference this later, but none of them are really peaking my interest. We don't like rice or strange ingredients. What do you think?

From Stoneware Inspirations: Harvest Cream Soup pg 53 (prob won't make this)
From Main Dishes: Chicken Tortilla Soup pg 29, Baked Potato Soup pg 7,White Lightning Chicken Chili pg 45
From It's Good For You: Greek Lemon Chicken Soup pg 35
From 29 Minutes to Dinner: Hot and Sour Souppg 107 (prob won't make this), Tuscan White Bean And Sausage Stew pg 89, Chicken Posole Verde pg 37 (not sure about this one)

I think I'll make the Chicken Tortilla Soup because I have all the ingredients. I'll just skip the tortilla part.

Either left over homemade Spicy Chicken Corn Choweder or left over hHomemade Chicken Potpies.

Whatever DH is in the mood to reheat is what we'll be having! :)

Pan-seared butterfly pork chops, some type of mushroom sauce from the chops fond, pasta house salad, roasted veggies

I just got my 12" SS skillet & want to make a sauce. :) Any suggestions would be appreciated!

jrstephens said:
Girl don't cook at all!!! That's a perfect excuse for take out!!!:D

ROFL!! I would use that as an excuse...but I've been having contractions since Friday. Been using it as an excuse to get out of housework. :D Well, as much as my slightly compulsive self can stand, anyway... :p DH cooked dinner last night, all I did was put the pork in the crock pot. He'll do dinner again tonight.

Went to the doctor today and found out I'm 2-3 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and the baby is engaged...and low. So, the doctor would like me to make it to 37 weeks (next Monday), but thinks it could happen any time in the next week or so! :eek:

crystalscookingnow said:
Pan-seared butterfly pork chops, some type of mushroom sauce from the chops fond, pasta house salad, roasted veggies

I just got my 12" SS skillet & want to make a sauce. :) Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Do you have the 29 Minute to Dinner cookbook? I think you use the 12 Stainless for Tex-Mex Chicken & Rice Skillet. Page 31. Or Shrimp Orzo on page 61. (It uses the 10".)

Thanks, JAE - I actually just need suggestions for the sauce... ;) I've got the pork chops & everything ready, just not sure how to get a sauce started.

JAE said:
Do you have the 29 Minute to Dinner cookbook? I think you use the 12 Stainless for Tex-Mex Chicken & Rice Skillet. Page 31. Or Shrimp Orzo on page 61. (It uses the 10".)
And Brown Butter Tortellini with Spinach & Ham on page 87.

crystalscookingnow said:
Thanks, JAE - I actually just need suggestions for the sauce... ;) I've got the pork chops & everything ready, just not sure how to get a sauce started.
Oh, sorry. I didn't read about the pork chops, or I should say I didn't remember that part. I just happen to have my cookbooks out because I'm trying to get inspired.

I've got a 12 qt. stock pot of Chicken & Pastry going! YUM!
And Kasey... there will be lots of sweet tea! Can you come?

JAE said:
Becky and Ann, what are you going to make with your chicken broth? I really don't have room for those three cartons. I have a list of ideas below so I can reference this later, but none of them are really peaking my interest. We don't like rice or strange ingredients. What do you think?

From Stoneware Inspirations: Harvest Cream Soup pg 53 (prob won't make this)
From Main Dishes: Chicken Tortilla Soup pg 29, Baked Potato Soup pg 7,White Lightning Chicken Chili pg 45
From It's Good For You: Greek Lemon Chicken Soup pg 35
From 29 Minutes to Dinner: Hot and Sour Souppg 107 (prob won't make this), Tuscan White Bean And Sausage Stew pg 89, Chicken Posole Verde pg 37 (not sure about this one)

I think I'll make the Chicken Tortilla Soup because I have all the ingredients. I'll just skip the tortilla part.

I keep broth/stock on hand all the time, just in case I decide I want to throw something together. And so many great PC recipes use it, including the Creamy One Pot Pasta and the Greek Lemon Rice Soup. I also use broth instead of water when I make white rice to add some flavor. I might be in charge of mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving, so I'll use some then (add a little when mashing to add some flavor).

I am sick with strep throat, DH is out of town and DS is going to a concert so the little ones and I will have soup and sandwiches most likely.

Related to What's on the Menu for Dinner Tonight?

1. What is the "What's for Dinner?" feature?

The "What's for Dinner?" feature is a weekly meal planning tool provided by Pampered Chef that offers quick and easy dinner ideas for the entire week. It includes recipes, ingredient lists, and step-by-step instructions to help you plan and prepare your meals efficiently.

2. How often is the "What's for Dinner?" feature updated?

The "What's for Dinner?" feature is updated every week, typically on Wednesdays, with a new set of dinner ideas for the following week.

3. Are the recipes in the "What's for Dinner?" feature healthy?

Yes, the recipes in the "What's for Dinner?" feature are designed to be nutritious and balanced meals. They include a variety of ingredients and cooking methods to help you maintain a healthy diet.

4. Can I customize the recipes in the "What's for Dinner?" feature?

While the recipes in the "What's for Dinner?" feature are carefully selected and tested by Pampered Chef, you can always make adjustments or substitutions to fit your personal preferences or dietary restrictions.

5. Is there a cost to access the "What's for Dinner?" feature?

No, the "What's for Dinner?" feature is completely free to use for both Pampered Chef consultants and customers. Simply visit the website or app to access the weekly meal plans and recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • rennea