• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the Menu for the Last Family Dinner Before College?

In summary, JRSTEPHENS is waiting for a response from Russell about whether or not he will try stroganoff with the left over brown hamburger meat. He is also excited for the fair this week. He has mixed greens salad, chicken marsala, roasted potatoes, and tiramisu for dinner. He is also thinking of making chicken parmesan tomorrow.
rennea
Gold Member
Today is a little cooler so I'm doing my baking:thumbup::thumbup:

For dinner we are having Smashed Potato Soup and sandwiches:chef:

Uh, don't know yet...probably a late dinner...have to register the kids for school and drop off all the paperwork and supplies...DD has piano lessons...Then we'll FINALLY get home...

Probably tacos unless I find something else to do with left over brown hamburger meat from spaghatti last night.

I am waiting for Russell to email me whether ot not he will try stroganoff with it but no word yet. He is so picky it drives me nuts!

Any other suggestions?

JRSTEPHENS - How about the chuckwagon cassarole? I liked this as something different but it needed a little extra BBQ Sauce! :)

Last edited:
We have Chiro. appts at 5pm....and right across the parking lot is our new favorite Italian Restaurant...Ciao Bella's. I'm hoping DH suggests we eat there. If not, then it will be leftovers for us!:D

I really want Chicken Marsala & Italian Roasted Potatoes.

PamperedCaniac said:
JRSTEPHENS - How about the chuckwagon cassarole? I liked this as something different but it needed a little extra BBQ Sauce! :)

Is that in one of our books? Where can I find it to look at?

ChefBeckyD said:
We have Chiro. appts at 5pm....and right across the parking lot is our new favorite Italian Restaurant...Ciao Bella's. I'm hoping DH suggests we eat there. If not, then it will be leftovers for us!:D

Surely you can throw some sublte hints his way?

jrstephens said:

That's my plan!;)

I'm thinking if I say leftovers again...he will get the hint!:D

jrstephens said:

It is in the Stoneware Sensations book on pg 63.... It is a "hearty" meal! LOL

ChefBeckyD said:
That's my plan!;)

I'm thinking if I say leftovers again...he will get the hint!:D

Russell would. He would be like "So are you wanting to over there to eat - just say it!" HAHA!:D

Not so sure---have some leftover salad needs to be eaten, maybe just a frozen meal. I have ameeting tonight for our block party this weekend, and DH is finally going back to work tomorrow.

We are having bacon, blueberry pancakes, toast, and scrambled eggs for dinner! I LOVE breakfast for dinner!

PamperedCaniac said:
We are having bacon, blueberry pancakes, toast, and scrambled eggs for dinner! I LOVE breakfast for dinner!

Sounds yummy, that's what DH is making for me right now for breakfast, minus the blueberries! LOL

Breakfast foods are my favorite and I could eat them any time of day.

Russell agreed to the stroganoff. I am going to use the hamburger meat instead of the meat it calls for.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/beef-stroganoff-recipe/index.html

I will be eating at THE FAIR!! Could be fresh cut french fries with vinegar....funnel cake...lemonade shakeup...corn dog...sausage sandwich...MMMMMmmmmm....

Can't wait, I will decide once we are there and I see what sounds the best to me then!!

KellyTheChef said:
I will be eating at THE FAIR!! Could be fresh cut french fries with vinegar....funnel cake...lemonade shakeup...corn dog...sausage sandwich...MMMMMmmmmm....

Can't wait, I will decide once we are there and I see what sounds the best to me then!!

Oh Man! We have the fair this week too! We are going tomorrow for sure, and possibly tonight.

I have Fresh Cut Fries w/ lots of salt and vinegar one time a year....and it's this week! YAHOOOOO!

(and I am pms'ing, so it will be the perfect meal for me!)

It's delivery pizza for us from our favorite place. We were at an amusement park all day and I am too tired to cook.

ChefBeckyD said:

Ahhhhh! I had a wonderful mixed greens salad, Chicken Marsala, Roasted Potatoes, and half of a small stuffed red pepper. AND a teeny tiny helping of Tiramisu for dessert. Yum Yum Yum!

ChefBeckyD said:
Ahhhhh! I had a wonderful mixed greens salad, Chicken Marsala, Roasted Potatoes, and half of a small stuffed red pepper. AND a teeny tiny helping of Tiramisu for dessert. Yum Yum Yum!

YUM!!!! and I mean YUM that sounds wonderful!! That made me think of something to cook tomorrow night! Thanks! Chicken Parmesan served over Roasted Red Potatoes!!!;) Thank you for the idea!

PamperedCaniac said:
YUM!!!! and I mean YUM that sounds wonderful!! That made me think of something to cook tomorrow night! Thanks! Chicken Parmesan served over Roasted Red Potatoes!!!;) Thank you for the idea!

I love Italian food!

I was actually thinking of making Chicken Parmesan tomorrow too!:chef:

Guess what I had....salad. Family had turkey cheddar brat/sausage things on the grill. They're all hot dogs to me. Roasted potatoes (thank you Ore Ida), and corn. I washed the kitchen/laundry/dining/bathroom floor after vacuuming it and shaking all the doggone rugs. No time to think about much more dinner than this.

italian food at our favorite rest before the boys leave for college tomorrow.

Related to What's on the Menu for the Last Family Dinner Before College?

1. What is the featured recipe for August 20th?

The featured recipe for August 20th is the Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Skewers. It is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for summer grilling.

2. Is there a vegetarian option for the August 20th dinner?

Yes, there is a vegetarian option for the August 20th dinner. The Vegetarian Quinoa and Black Bean Burrito Bowl is a flavorful and filling dish that is sure to satisfy.

3. Are there any gluten-free options for the August 20th dinner?

Yes, there are gluten-free options for the August 20th dinner. The Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa and the Grilled Vegetable and Quinoa Salad are both gluten-free and delicious.

4. Can I substitute any ingredients in the featured recipe for August 20th?

Yes, you can definitely substitute ingredients in the featured recipe for August 20th. You can customize the recipe to your liking and dietary restrictions.

5. How can I order the ingredients for the August 20th dinner?

You can order the ingredients for the August 20th dinner by visiting our website or contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant. They will be able to assist you with ordering the necessary ingredients and any other cooking tools you may need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • rennea