• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner Tonight? (Dec. 2)

In summary, the dinner tonight is pizza and salad from our favorite place. The dish contains pizza and salad, and the beer substitute is a can of chicken broth.
rennea
Gold Member
Goodmorning,

Well I am still trying to clean out the cupboards so nothing exciting here for dinner...

We are having cheese buns and soup.

Cheese buns? Please do tell!We're having kielbasa, pirogi and sauerkraut (grandma's recipe).

It's a show night, and I always do something easy when I have a show.
I let DS pick the menu for tonight.

Fish Sticks w/ lots of tarter sauce
butternut squash mashed up
macaroni and cheese (from a box)

Bet you all want to come to my house for dinner, huh?:D

Caribbean Halibut with Mango Salsa and Couscous from It's Good For You. I've never tried it.

On another note, last night I made the Asian Noodle Bowl from that cookbook, and I thought it was way to gingery for me. I also will make it with chicken broth next time. It was yummy, just a little too gingery for my tastes.

I'm trying to use up the mashed potatoes from Thanksgiving, so I'll probably make mashed potato soup. I've got a leftover chicken breast from yesterday, so I'll toss that in there, too.

ChefBeckyD said:
It's a show night, and I always do something easy when I have a show.
I let DS pick the menu for tonight.

Fish Sticks w/ lots of tarter sauce
butternut squash mashed up
macaroni and cheese (from a box)

Bet you all want to come to my house for dinner, huh?:D

Besides the squash, that's DH's favorite dinner!

Kieblsa and Fried Potatoes for us. Fattening, but oh so yummy!

Harvest Vegetable Soup

wadesgirl said:
Besides the squash, that's DH's favorite dinner!

It's DS's favorite too - I made him pick a veggie too though. :rolleyes:

They just never grow up. When DH has to feed DS lunch, they usually end up having Spaghettios....because they both love them, and I can't stand the smell when I open the can!:yuck:

I took Haddock out of the freezer this morning.

ChefBeckyD said:
It's DS's favorite too - I made him pick a veggie too though. :rolleyes:

They just never grow up. When DH has to feed DS lunch, they usually end up having Spaghettios....because they both love them, and I can't stand the smell when I open the can!:yuck:

Me too, I cannot stand Spaghettios!

oh and i'm baking a dill bread....to use up my leftover sour cream from t'giving. it's on its first rise now...should still be warm from the oven by dinner time

now off to a wii fit session in anticipation of bread and butter LOL

I'm doing Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese. I'm needing the Tomato Soup cans for kids project at school, so we've been having Tomato Soup at least once a week.

I only need 5 more cans before next week. I think I can say, my kids are actually getting sick of soup of any kind. I'm even trying to get hubby to take soup to have at work and am willign to send my SECO with him.

We need 25 cans and lids for project for kids and I'm so SICK of soup. Teacher is a single teacher, but doesn't have can opener, so she can't help.

Lisa

Going to The Melting Pot with some girlfriends, yum yum :)

I have no clue! I don't have any of the stuff you guys have or I would just copy you! I have a new consultant coming over at 7pm for her first training, so I need to get it figured out and going soon.

We are having breakfast for supper. Bacon, eggs and waffles.

I am going to have my DH grill some pork chops (that I marinate, he just has to stand out in the 45 degree weather), and some pasta salad (boxed) to go with it.

We are having tacos! Yum!

Something using hamburger meat.

Ravioli Bolognese - recipe from the back of the frozen ravioli bag.

Hot pork plates. I made a pork roast the other day so we will be using the leftovers tonight! Just need to make more gravy. Maybe cooked carrots if I get home in time.

Pork tenderloin, broccoli, augratin potatoes, and turnips...

I made a slow cooker recipe "Chicken Taco Soup" Yummy! I just :love: my new slow cooker...:thumbup:

letscook04 said:
I made a slow cooker recipe "Chicken Taco Soup" Yummy! I just :love: my new slow cooker...:thumbup:

Ummm...recipe please! I love slow cooker recipes!

It's pizza and salad from our favorite place tonight. It's my birthday and I don't want to cook. :D

Happy Birthday Michelle :balloon:

chefsteph07 said:
Ummm...recipe please! I love slow cooker recipes!
Instead of Beer, I use a can of chicken broth. If you do make it with beer let me know how it turned out.:D

INGREDIENTS:
1 onion, chopped
1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel
corn, drained
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle
beer
2 (10 ounce) cans diced
tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco
seasoning
3 whole skinless, boneless
chicken breasts
shredded Cheddar cheese
(optional)
sour cream (optional)
crushed tortilla chips (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
2. Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired

Well, since we had 3 different Thanksgiving meals from Thursday to Saturday - we're STILL eating leftovers! We're not wasting anything if it's still good...and everything from those 3 days were yummy!!!

Tonight's menu will be a something like a shepherd's pie.

I am layering stuffing, gravy, turkey, mashed potatoes, peas, and shredded cheese in the Oval Baker.

cookingwith_tara said:
Well, since we had 3 different Thanksgiving meals from Thursday to Saturday - we're STILL eating leftovers! We're not wasting anything if it's still good...and everything from those 3 days were yummy!!!

Tonight's menu will be a something like a shepherd's pie.

I am layering stuffing, gravy, turkey, mashed potatoes, peas, and shredded cheese in the Oval Baker.

I wanted to try the Chicken Tortilla Casserole with Turkey but Russell would not go for it. I guess out dogs will get what turkey is not eaten soon. I may make turkey salad tonight for the next day or too. I wonder how long is too long to keep using the turkey?

What about freezing it instead of throwing it out? As long as you ate it the same day you thawed it out it should still be good.

I made the Chipotle Cornbread cups using leftover turkey for church Sunday night and it was soooo good!

Lunch on Sunday was Open Face turkey sandwiches - hot, steamy, and cheesy!

Last night was a regular turkey dinner as I didn't have time to be creative. Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and rolls.

Tomorrow I'll be making Turkey Alfredo. I used up all the 'sides' tonight. But if there is any turkey left for Wednesday then I'll shred it and make BBQ turkey sandwiches or Baked Turkey Spaghetti (whatever hubby is in the mood for).

Keep in mind - I'm using the latest leftovers first. Thursdays, then fridays, then Saturdays.

And oh, I forgot - I added a bullet on my website called 'Hide the Turkey'. It's a few recipes for leftovers. I totally forgot about the Southwest Turkey Bake I put on there! Check it out -/tararitchie

We are having Italian Beef that has been slowly cooking over 10 hours.

Related to What's for Dinner Tonight? (Dec. 2)

1. What is the recipe for the cheese buns?

The recipe for cheese buns can vary depending on personal preference, but a simple and delicious version can be made by combining flour, baking powder, salt, butter, milk, and shredded cheese. You can also add in additional seasonings like garlic or herbs for extra flavor.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese for the buns?

Absolutely! You can use any type of cheese that you enjoy, such as cheddar, mozzarella, or even a mix of different cheeses. Just make sure to adjust the amount of cheese based on the strength of the flavor.

3. How long does it take to make the cheese buns?

The prep time for the cheese buns is usually about 15 minutes, and they bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. So in total, it should take around 40 minutes to make these delicious buns.

4. What type of soup goes well with the cheese buns?

The great thing about cheese buns is that they go well with a variety of soups. Some popular options include tomato soup, vegetable soup, or even a hearty chili. You can also pair them with a side salad for a balanced meal.

5. Can I make the cheese buns ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the cheese buns ahead of time and reheat them in the oven before serving. You can also freeze them for later use. Just make sure to thaw them before reheating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Stampaholic1961
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies