• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner Tonight? Need Some Inspiration?

In summary, the family is still hopeful that Paige will be found, and that she will come home safely. They are also grateful for the Daily Updates that keep them updated on the situation.
rennea
Gold Member
I haven't decided yet today what's for dinner :( In a bit of a funk today and don't know why:(

Need some inspiration today I think!!

I think we are gonna have the fast chicken fajitas in the DCB! I want to practice this so I can offer it as a show!

Homemade biscuits and fresh strawberry jam.......not sure what else yet! The weather is PERFECT today......we may make it a picnic.

Save room for me Becky I'm coming over!!! LOVE biscuits :)

Mmmmmm Biscuits! Drool!!!

I have NO idea what I'm making today. It's nice out- but I don't feel like cooking today. I'd take something out of the freezer, but again...not sure what to make and I am not really in the mod for anything in particular- except maybe something that I don't have to cook myself! :) Hee-hee Sorry- it's a LAZY weekend for me! :)

hmmm... I bought some salmon the other day. Maybe I'll take some out of the freezer and make that for dinner.

Well my dh works until 7 and I really want to make a turkey and baked potatoes but we won't eat until LATE! So, maybe I'll make that tomorrow. Now I need to decide what to make for me and the kiddies.

ChefBeckyD said:
Homemade biscuits and fresh strawberry jam.......not sure what else yet! The weather is PERFECT today......we may make it a picnic.

I love biscuits. I have been looking for a really good recipe. Can I have yours??? Back to dinner--we are having steak & hamburgers on the grill, baked beans, corn & watermelon.

We are going to a cookout for a friends birthday and post 4th of July party :)
I am taking beer bread and spinach dip for an appetizer and cookies filled with low sugar vanilla icing for a dessert ( yummy, a recipe a friend gave me). I am kind of hungry now, so I am going to make a strawberry/banana smoothie to tide me over.

KellyTheChef said:
I think we are gonna have the fast chicken fajitas in the DCB! I want to practice this so I can offer it as a show!

Oh yeah...speaking of the DCB...mine has a crack! I need to figure out when I got it so I can see if I can replace it! I will still use it and perhaps tomorrow we will have the fajitas....tonight is another BBQ!

ribfest tonight so no cooking for me!

meredith, would you mind passing along the cookie recipe? it sounds really good!

bon appetit everyone!

DH just told me he's hungry for pizza - and we have to go to Costco to develop pictures from our vacation....so, it looks like we'll be eating pizza tonight. Maybe we can have biscuits and jam for breakfast.

Lemon Dill shrimp on the grill, baked potatoes and asparagus...

"Men's Health" burgers - mix super-lean ground beef with an egg, jack/cheddar shredded cheese blend, chopped spinach, oatmeal, and chopped onion, form into thick burgers, and grill. Freeze un-cooked ones until ready to grill - they're awesome and filled with everything you need for a full meal!

Could someone tell me who Paige is? I see it a lot and would like more info.

Dinner was at breakfast today!We had leftover Korean style bbq meat, with tortillas and fixings as "Pacific Rim Burritos" lol. With fresh fruit, and tea. Yummy!It is hot lately so we've been eating heartily in the cool of the morning, salads and light dishes for dinner after sundown.Makes me wish for a smaller version of the trifle dish, for 4-6 servings, for salads and smaller desserts.

margchef said:

Well this is the what's for dinner thread but if you check out the "one of our own is missing" thread in the "chef's lounge" you can read and learn who Paige is.HTH

margchef said:

Here is a link to the missing thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/one-our-own-missing-22516/

She is a Colorado consultant and friend of ours who has been missing for over a year now. Most of the story is towards the beginning of that thread...as it's almost 300 pages long now.

She is also the reason behind the Daily Updates that are posted each day. If there is any new developments, they will show up in the daily update thread, as well as in the missing thread. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a whole lot of news...but the updates remind each of us to take a moment and pray specifically for her, her family, and her three children each day. TKG (aka The Kitchen Guy) also includes a link in that update thread to a candle lighting site where you can light a candle and pray....

Hope this helps!

Back to dinner. I've tried two new recipes today, and I am really excited about the
results. I've been a consultant since May 2005, and for the very first time, used our
wonderful Pizza dough mix. I added some of our Italian seasonings to the mix, and used olive oil for the dough. The toppings were pizza sauce from a jar, mozzerella cheese and
pepperoni, plus sauteed mushrooms. It was so pretty that I took a picture of it. I did
it in my large bar stoneware and it filled it nicely. I'm so glad I finally got around to
using the mix. Now, I will have no fear of demo' it with breakfast pizza ingredients,
and lots of others.

Second recipe is one I kind of improvised on from Cooks Illustrated Aug. 2008 issue, for their Best Blueberry pie. I had just 17.5 oz. of blackberries from my yard, and the recipe called for 30 oz. of blueberries. Rather than one apple, I used two, and adjusted the sugar to 1/2 cup. It called for lemon zest and 2 tsp. of lemon juice, which I used as well as our cinnamon plus for flavor. I cheated with one crust of Pillsbury pie crust in
your refrigerated section. It looks gorgeous as it bakes. Oh, the secret ingredient is two teaspoons of Minute tapioca to thicken it. I used lots of our products to make it
very simple to put together. I used the apple wedge on the peeled apples, thenchopped them with our food chopper . I just love this time of year when I have the free berries
to enjoy from the border of the woods in my yard. So often I don't use them fast enough to prevent them from molding.

We had fried chicken tenders. Luke had spaghetti. I took the spaghetti and sauce and turned mine into chicken parmesean. Also had brussell sprouts.

Grandmarita said:
Back to dinner. I've tried two new recipes today, and I am really excited about the
results. I've been a consultant since May 2005, and for the very first time, used our
wonderful Pizza dough mix. I added some of our Italian seasonings to the mix, and used olive oil for the dough. The toppings were pizza sauce from a jar, mozzerella cheese and
pepperoni, plus sauteed mushrooms. It was so pretty that I took a picture of it. I did
it in my large bar stoneware and it filled it nicely. I'm so glad I finally got around to
using the mix. Now, I will have no fear of demo' it with breakfast pizza ingredients,
and lots of others.

Second recipe is one I kind of improvised on from Cooks Illustrated Aug. 2008 issue, for their Best Blueberry pie. I had just 17.5 oz. of blackberries from my yard, and the recipe called for 30 oz. of blueberries. Rather than one apple, I used two, and adjusted the sugar to 1/2 cup. It called for lemon zest and 2 tsp. of lemon juice, which I used as well as our cinnamon plus for flavor. I cheated with one crust of Pillsbury pie crust in
your refrigerated section. It looks gorgeous as it bakes. Oh, the secret ingredient is two teaspoons of Minute tapioca to thicken it. I used lots of our products to make it
very simple to put together. I used the apple wedge on the peeled apples, thenchopped them with our food chopper . I just love this time of year when I have the free berries
to enjoy from the border of the woods in my yard. So often I don't use them fast enough to prevent them from molding.

Wow!!! Sounds wonderful :)

We had pancakes... It was just too warm to cook, and DH and I have a bad case of the LAZIES today...so we are vegging and not doing anything! I did vacuum and brush the dogs, but that's about it!

We lucked out - we were invited to a friends' for a BBQ. They made pork tenderloin, ribs, skirt steak and tons of other stuff. I made a red white & blue trifle to bring along :)
I AM STUFFED

We will be doing the cheeseburger salad. On Thurs I made the creamy One Pot Pasta with 3 cheese tortallini instead of Penne pasta and it was so GOOD!!!

1. What recipes are included in the July 5th "What's for Dinner?" collection?

The July 5th "What's for Dinner?" collection includes recipes such as grilled chicken and vegetable skewers, summer veggie pasta salad, honey garlic salmon, and grilled peaches with vanilla ice cream.

2. Are the ingredients for the July 5th "What's for Dinner?" recipes easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients for the July 5th "What's for Dinner?" recipes can be easily found at your local grocery store. They are also common pantry staples, so you may already have many of them on hand.

3. Can I customize the July 5th "What's for Dinner?" recipes to fit my dietary needs?

Yes, the July 5th "What's for Dinner?" recipes can be easily customized to fit your dietary needs. Many of the recipes are naturally gluten-free and can be made vegetarian by substituting tofu or beans for the meat.

4. How long do the July 5th "What's for Dinner?" recipes take to prepare?

The preparation time for the July 5th "What's for Dinner?" recipes varies, but most can be made in under 30 minutes. Some recipes may require marinating time, so be sure to plan ahead.

5. Can I make the July 5th "What's for Dinner?" recipes ahead of time?

Yes, many of the July 5th "What's for Dinner?" recipes can be made ahead of time. Some can even be frozen for future meals. Check the recipe instructions for specific make-ahead instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • rennea