• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner? Try this Delicious Chicken and Cheese Recipe!

In summary, In summary, the conversation is about dinner and there are a few suggestions but no definite plans.
rennea
Gold Member
Not a clue what is for dinner tonight, very uninspired today! Need some ideas:rolleyes:

Not sure about dinner either....but we will be having Mom's Apple Crisp for dessert. DH has to practice the recipe for his presentation at work on Thursday.:D

not sure here either.... it's a snow day, so I am home with 3 excited kids & DH is in Toronto on business. I think the kids will get pancakes & smoothies for supper & I'll order in Swiss Chalet.

Beef Satay Fried Rice from the new 29 minutes cookbook.

Roast Beef, Mashed potatoes, peas and carrots - (its snowing AGAIN!)

Totally uninspired, too. DH and I are getting stuff together for taxes so must be something quick. Ate the chicken tortilla soup at cluster last night (we did power cooking!) so we will probably have the chili tonight instead of last night.

I have a lot of split chicken breast. Can I make these in the DCB? Anyone have any ideas?

ChefBeckyD said:
Not sure about dinner either....but we will be having Mom's Apple Crisp for dessert. DH has to practice the recipe for his presentation at work on Thursday.:D

I've decided!

We are going to have pan fried Venison Steaks w/ onions and mushrooms, baked sweet potatoes w/ cinnamon butter, and a spinach salad.

Fried cube Steak with gravy and mashed taters.

DessertDivaFL said:
I have a lot of split chicken breast. Can I make these in the DCB? Anyone have any ideas?

yes you can. i cook chick breast in there all the time. mine are boneless but that wouldn't matter.

jrstephens said:
yes you can. i cook chick breast in there all the time. mine are boneless but that wouldn't matter.

How long do you think? 20 min.? Should I have the lid on or off?

DessertDivaFL said:
How long do you think? 20 min.? Should I have the lid on or off?

I would do lid on. My boneless, skinless takes about 12 minutes, so, I think it would at least take 20. Maybe check them at 15 to see how much longer they may need. I also marinate mine if possible for them to have more flavor in whatever I am seasoning them.

jrstephens said:
I would do lid on. My boneless, skinless takes about 12 minutes, so, I think it would at least take 20. Maybe check them at 15 to see how much longer they may need. I also marinate mine if possible for them to have more flavor in whatever I am seasoning them.

Jennifer rocks! Jennifer rocks!
:sing:

DessertDivaFL said:

Jennifer rocks! Jennifer rocks!
:sing:

HA!! thanks!! I don't think anyone has ever said that about me!:D

I have no idea I pulled chicken out but don't know what I'm doing with it yet. Wish my husband didn't work nights so I could make him take me out but I'll have to wait for my party on Saturday where we are having pizza. Uninspired but is my fav!!!:)

Tuesday is American Idol night with my BF and since this week is at his home, he's in charge of dinner! Not sure what he's planned yet. Sometimes he gets take out instead.

Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles if I can use pork. Otherwise, probably pork fajitas.

Well I have decided on Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites with salad and some steamed broccoli.

BBQ baked chicken, beans and rice, and cornbread (fried on the stovetop not baked)

I am baking chicken and will put the new ginger wasabi sauce on during the last 30 minutes or so. I'm not sure what to put with it just yet.

spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread.

I am making Mexican Chicken Lasagna from SB.

letscook04 said:
I am making Mexican Chicken Lasagna from SB.

i just looked at the recipe & i have everything to make this. BUT. my DCB doesnt fit in my microwave :cry: (ive asked for a bigger microwave for my birthday). can i bake this? anyone good at conversions?? im awful at substitutions .. it makes me panic a little.

thecougchef said:
i just looked at the recipe & i have everything to make this. BUT. my DCB doesnt fit in my microwave :cry: (ive asked for a bigger microwave for my birthday). can i bake this? anyone good at conversions?? im awful at substitutions .. it makes me panic a little.

I put mine in the oven at 350 for about 30-40 mins.

letscook04 said:
I put mine in the oven at 350 for about 30-40 mins.

thanks colleen!

I'm making Italian Stir-Fry for The Furry Guy (thinly sliced beef, green beans, quartered red potatoes, mushrooms, red onion, and garlic, tossed with balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper). I, however, will be eating leftover cheese ravioli in marinara sauce. I'm having blood work done tomorrow, and beef messes with some of my results. I'll eat the stir-fry tomorrow night.

rennea said:
Well I have decided on Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites with salad and some steamed broccoli.

How do u make t hose bites? I love CCB but hate the hassle it is to make.

thecougchef said:

At least you KNOW yours does not if. I had a host that did NOT check her microwave like I told her to do last week and you guessed it....it did not fit when I got there!:eek:

Here is the recipe Jennifer,

9 ounces ground chicken
1/4 cup cooked, diced ham
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
8 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
canola oil for pan-frying
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Combine the chicken, ham, and egg in a large bowl until well blended. Gradually add bread crumbs until the mixture loses its stickiness and can be easily formed into balls.
Form the chicken mixture around the cheese cubes, forming 2 inch balls. Place on a plate.
Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry the balls until the outsides are golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels, and place in baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven until cooked through and cheese is soft, about 20 minutes.

I got this recipe off the internet somewhere. It makes a lot, so I will make them up and freeze half of them.

Related to What's for Dinner? Try this Delicious Chicken and Cheese Recipe!

1. What is the "What's for Dinner?" meal plan for Feb. 3?

The "What's for Dinner?" meal plan for Feb. 3 is a collection of recipes curated by Pampered Chef to help you plan and prepare delicious and hassle-free meals for the entire family.

2. How many recipes are included in the Feb. 3 meal plan?

The Feb. 3 meal plan includes 5 recipes, one for each weeknight of the week.

3. Are the ingredients for the recipes included in the meal plan easily accessible?

Yes, the ingredients for the recipes in the meal plan are all commonly found in grocery stores and easy to find. Some may even already be in your pantry!

4. Can I customize the meal plan to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, the meal plan includes a variety of recipes that can easily be modified to fit your dietary restrictions. For example, you can substitute gluten-free pasta for regular pasta or use dairy-free cheese in a recipe.

5. Are the recipes in the meal plan kid-friendly?

Yes, the recipes in the meal plan are designed to be family-friendly and enjoyed by both kids and adults. They are also easy enough for kids to help prepare, making it a fun family activity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
buddy5909
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
tlag1986