• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Weekday Dinner Done: Orange Chicken Recipe Search

In summary, the recipe calls for zesting and juicing one orange. You will get more juice if you have a bigger orange. The recipe also calls for cutting chicken into 1-inch pieces, whisking together egg, salt, and black pepper, and tossing it with flour and cornstarch. Finally, the recipe calls for cooking chicken in a skillet until it is golden brown and centers are no longer pink. The chicken will be cooked if it is stirred occasionally. The recipe also calls for adding ramen noodles and orange mixture to a skillet. The noodles will be softened if they are covered and cooked for 3-4 minutes. The recipe also calls
Hunter Mom
Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the chicken recipe on the back of the catalog? Orange Chicken I think. It's from one of the Weekday Dinner Done recipe collections I know.

I'm not trying to be a smart butt, but you already know where you can find two copies of it -- on the catalog and in the recipe card collection. So, I'm confused. Are you looking for someone to post it on here?

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you'll see other threads about the Orange Chicken Lo Mein. At least the first two also have the recipe posted in the thread.

Orange Chicken Lo Mein

2 oranges
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp Asian Seasoning Mix
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 Tbsp veg. oil
3 garlic cloves, pressed
2 pkg (3 oz each) ramen noodles, any flavor, split into halves
1 bag (12-16 oz) frozen stir-fry veggie blend (e.g. broccoli, carrots & peapods) thawed
3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage

1. Zest 2 orange using Microplane Adj. Grater to measure 1 Tbsp. Juice both oranges to measure 1/2 cup. Combine zest, juice, water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce & seasoning mix in Small Batter Bowl; whisk well. Set aside.

2. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Combine egg, salt & black pepper in Classic Batter Bowl. Add chicken; stir to coat. Combine flour & cornstarch in large Colander Bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until simmering. Remove chicken from flour mixture, shaking off excess, and place into Skillet. Cook 8-10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and centers are no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from Skillet; set aside & keep warm.

3. Add pressed garlic to skillet. Cook 30-60 seconds until fragrant. Omitting seasoning packets, add ramen noodles & orange mixture to skillet. Cover; bring to a simmer and cook 3-4 minutes or until noodles are softened. Add stir-fry blend & cabbage; cook 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are hot & cabbage is crisp tender. Add chick to skillet; mix well to coat chicken.

Cooks tip: If desired, 2 tsp grated fresh gingerroot, 3/4 tsp salt, 1 pressed garlic clove and 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper can be substituted for the Asian Seasoning Mix.

If you haven't already made this, pay close attention to the recipe when I calls for a measurement for both the orange zest and juice. It says to zest one orange and to juice both. There are measurements for the zest and juice, which if you have a bigger orange, you will get a LOT more then what the recipe calls for. First time I made it, my kids liked it but said "Mom, for the next time....PLEASE cut down on the orange!" Second time I actually measured and it was a LOT better. GREAT recipe!!!

yankfan24 said:
If you haven't already made this, pay close attention to the recipe when I calls for a measurement for both the orange zest and juice. It says to zest one orange and to juice both. There are measurements for the zest and juice, which if you have a bigger orange, you will get a LOT more then what the recipe calls for. First time I made it, my kids liked it but said "Mom, for the next time....PLEASE cut down on the orange!" Second time I actually measured and it was a LOT better. GREAT recipe!!!

I thought I measured everything according to the directions, but it still was wayyyyy too much orange flavor for me. Everyone else loved it though. I guess I'll have to make it again and just double check I'm measuring right.

It's still delicious, but definitely ORANGE!! What I love is that there is cabbage in it and my family had NO CLUE.

1. How long does it take to make the Orange Chicken Recipe from start to finish?

The Orange Chicken Recipe takes approximately 30 minutes to make from start to finish.

2. Can I substitute the chicken for another protein, such as tofu or shrimp?

Yes, you can easily substitute the chicken for tofu or shrimp in this recipe. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Is this recipe suitable for those with dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free or dairy-free?

Yes, this recipe can be easily modified to accommodate dietary restrictions. You can use gluten-free soy sauce and dairy-free butter to make it suitable for those with gluten or dairy allergies.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it for dinner?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it for dinner. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to reheat.

5. What sides would pair well with the Orange Chicken Recipe?

This recipe pairs well with rice, quinoa, or noodles. You can also serve it with steamed vegetables or a side salad for a well-rounded meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kdangel518
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • cincychef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies