• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner...sat., Dec 26

In summary, the person had a good day. There were no negative aspects to the day. They were able to play with their children and enjoy their Christmas presents.
pamperedbybarbara
Good Morning!!! Sigh...it is over.....as a child this was always the worst day of the year for me. Gray outside, chilly, anticipation/excitement over, having to help clean up..ugh...but on the bright side..I got to play with all my new presents!!! Well...it is still gray outside, chilly, anticipation/excitement over for my childrens/DH's reactions,cleaning up, bills to pay...but on the bright side I get to play with all their toys(WII fit, just dance, etc...) and HAVING LEFTOVERS!!!!!!! that I love:love:...no cooking for me today!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!:balloon::blushing::p

As a child I felt this way..as an adult with more to do than time to do it in...I say HORRAY it's over!!! I just wish I got in the mood to do all I want to do for Christmas earlier. Every year it seems like the frantic amazing (aggravating) race!

My house looks like a paper factory exploded in it...with Christmas on top!:yuck:

So I am having leftover Christmas treats, dust and cleaning stuff for a side dish! Not sure what I will have but maybe some Chicken Marsala. Will have to go to the liquor store if I do that since I am out of wine. That is so darn easy!

At the moment, I have micro-coptors flying through the house (DH and DS both have one), we spent the morning adopting and creating rooms for new webkinz, we had breakfast, and then ate Christmas Cookies and chocolates for a snack.

We will be eating leftover BBQ'd chicken and spinach dip w/ crackers and veggies for lunch, and not sure at all for dinner. It's been pretty much a veg on the couch and relax type of day today.

Something w/ leftover turkey--any ideas?

He had Wendy's..I had a Mashed Potato Bowl from KFC. Lazy night.

The kids had basic spaghetti....DH and I had bowls of cereal. We didn't want to cook. We did leftovers at lunch. I'm sick with a heavy chest-cold (praying doesn't turn into bronchitis or pneumonia)- so wasn't feeling like eating anyway. And I have lots of Christmas cookies leftover!! I made trays, but had waited to long, so most of the folks I made them for were already gone....

My house looks like a paper factory exploded in it...with Christmas on top!So funny. That's my house too! We got a new-to-me 10 foot sectional a few days before Christmas. It takes up almost the entire living room. We have 4 feet space to the TV and the tree is in front of the window. Paper overflowing in the large bag we put it in. I had my parents over today for Christmas. I made the Bread Bowl Artichoke dip. Parents left. I'm putting off dinner, until someone else volunteers to do it. Hmm. 15 year old son is on the computer, Husband watching football, girls running around chasing each other. When someone is hungry, something will get done. Oh, one child put on the wall now. Hee Hee.

We ended up getting a Papa Murphy's Pizza - with Sprecher's Rootbeer, on the couch, watching UP. :D

I don't think I can eat another thing, today. No dinner for me. Not sure what anyone else had or is having.JAE

babywings76 said:
Something w/ leftover turkey--any ideas?

I make a rue with butter and flour, then add milk to make a cream gravy s & p to taste and when it's thick I add shredded pieces of turkey, usually the dark meat (that's the only way I will eat dark meat) and let it heat through and then we eat that over mashed potatoes.

ChefBeckyD said:
We ended up getting a Papa Murphy's Pizza - with Sprecher's Rootbeer, on the couch, watching UP. :D

I didn't know Papa Murphy's was on the East Coast too! My favorite pizza! We like to make our own: white sauce, crispy bacon, pineapple, chicken. Hula Lula we call it.

We had Dairy Queen & went to see the Alvin & the Chipmunks movie. It was so great. We laughed all the way through it. Us, grandma & grandma & grandpa went.

We had homemade pizza - Margarita pizza using our large bar pan. :) Very yummy. Refrigerated thin crust dough - garlic, olive oil & our Italian seasoning on crust - bake for 10 mins then add shredded Italian cheeses (in a bag pre-shredded), sliced Roma tomatoes, sliced fresh mozzerella, fresh basil leaves and baked for 10 more mins. YUM! Of course I used the pizza cutter & the mini serving spatula too. :)

Is this being continued for the 27th?

If so, then tonight we are noshing on snack foods.

We had homemade Chicken Noodle Soup w/ Batter Bread for Lunch, and now it's Snack Time...complete with leftover Christmas Goodies.

We ate all our Christmas goodies. I have to make more. No plans for dinner, of course.

JAE said:
We ate all our Christmas goodies. I have to make more. No plans for dinner, of course.

Rick bought me Koeze's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Puddles - I love that man!

We still have some goodies, if you want to come here and get some - but not the Puddles. :D

How much snow do you have your way? We got 2-3 inches...

We got way more than 2-3 inches. We're guessing 6-8". This morning before church dh did the snow blower thing, and around 3 pm ds and I shoveled again. Now that it's dark, I don't know if it's still snowing or not. OB Rd was bad around 3 pm when we went out, and the roads were pretty snowy for chuch, too.If I come out your way it will be to go to Costco with you and get sweet potato fries. :)JAE

JAE said:
We got way more than 2-3 inches. We're guessing 6-8". This morning before church dh did the snow blower thing, and around 3 pm ds and I shoveled again. Now that it's dark, I don't know if it's still snowing or not. OB Rd was bad around 3 pm when we went out, and the roads were pretty snowy for chuch, too.

If I come out your way it will be to go to Costco with you and get sweet potato fries. :)

JAE

And a wonderfully soft robe! I got mine for Christmas - it's heavenly!

1. What is the featured recipe for Saturday, December 26th?

The featured recipe for Saturday, December 26th is our delicious and easy-to-make Sausage and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner. It's a one-pan meal that is perfect for a busy night!

2. Can I make any substitutions in the featured recipe for Saturday, December 26th?

Absolutely! Our recipes are meant to be customizable and adaptable to your preferences. If you don't have a specific ingredient, you can substitute it with something similar or leave it out altogether. Don't be afraid to get creative!

3. How many servings does the featured recipe for Saturday, December 26th make?

The Sausage and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner recipe serves 4-6 people, depending on appetites. You can easily adjust the quantities if you need to make more or less.

4. Can I prepare the featured recipe for Saturday, December 26th ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Sausage and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner ahead of time by chopping the vegetables and slicing the sausage and storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you're ready to cook, just toss everything on a sheet pan and bake!

5. Are there any other recipes that pair well with the featured recipe for Saturday, December 26th?

Yes, our Garlic Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans recipe is the perfect side dish to go with the Sausage and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner. You can find this recipe and more on our website or in our online recipe library.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rbvernon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
Back