1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What's for Dinner...Sat., Dec 26

1. Good Morning!!! Sigh...it is over.....as a child this was always the worst day of the year for me. Gray outside, chilly, anticipation/excitement over, having to help clean up..ugh...but on the bright side..I got to play with all my new presents!!! Well...it is still gray outside, chilly, anticipation/excitement over for my childrens/DH's reactions,cleaning up, bills to pay...but on the bright side I get to play with all their toys(WII fit, just dance, etc...) and HAVING LEFTOVERS!!!!!!! that I love:love:...no cooking for me today!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!:balloon::blushing::p

2. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

As a child I felt this way..as an adult with more to do than time to do it in...I say HORRAY it's over!!! I just wish I got in the mood to do all I want to do for Christmas earlier. Every year it seems like the frantic amazing (aggravating) race!

My house looks like a paper factory exploded in it...with Christmas on top!:yuck:

So I am having leftover Christmas treats, dust and cleaning stuff for a side dish! Not sure what I will have but maybe some Chicken Marsala. Will have to go to the liquor store if I do that since I am out of wine. That is so darn easy!

Dec 26, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

At the moment, I have micro-coptors flying through the house (DH and DS both have one), we spent the morning adopting and creating rooms for new webkinz, we had breakfast, and then ate Christmas Cookies and chocolates for a snack.

We will be eating leftover BBQ'd chicken and spinach dip w/ crackers and veggies for lunch, and not sure at all for dinner. It's been pretty much a veg on the couch and relax type of day today.

Dec 26, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Something w/ leftover turkey--any ideas?

Dec 26, 2009
  5. chefheidi2003

chefheidi2003 Senior Member Gold Member

He had Wendy's..I had a Mashed Potato Bowl from KFC. Lazy night.

Dec 26, 2009
  6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

The kids had basic spaghetti....DH and I had bowls of cereal. We didn't want to cook. We did leftovers at lunch. I'm sick with a heavy chest-cold (praying doesn't turn into bronchitis or pneumonia)- so wasn't feeling like eating anyway. And I have lots of Christmas cookies leftover!! I made trays, but had waited to long, so most of the folks I made them for were already gone....

Dec 26, 2009
  7. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

My house looks like a paper factory exploded in it...with Christmas on top!

So funny. That's my house too! We got a new-to-me 10 foot sectional a few days before Christmas. It takes up almost the entire living room. We have 4 feet space to the TV and the tree is in front of the window. Paper overflowing in the large bag we put it in. I had my parents over today for Christmas. I made the Bread Bowl Artichoke dip. Parents left. I'm putting off dinner, until someone else volunteers to do it. Hmm. 15 year old son is on the computer, Husband watching football, girls running around chasing each other. When someone is hungry, something will get done. Oh, one child put on the wall now. Hee Hee.

8. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

Steak, Shrimp, Peas, and Au gratin potatoes.

9. ChefBeckyD

We ended up getting a Papa Murphy's Pizza - with Sprecher's Rootbeer, on the couch, watching UP. :D

Dec 26, 2009
  10. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

I don't think I can eat another thing, today. No dinner for me. Not sure what anyone else had or is having.

JAE

Dec 26, 2009
  11. smarteez2

smarteez2 Advanced Member Gold Member

I make a rue with butter and flour, then add milk to make a cream gravy s & p to taste and when it's thick I add shredded pieces of turkey, usually the dark meat (that's the only way I will eat dark meat) and let it heat through and then we eat that over mashed potatoes.

Dec 26, 2009
  12. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

I didn't know Papa Murphy's was on the East Coast too! My favorite pizza! We like to make our own: white sauce, crispy bacon, pineapple, chicken. Hula Lula we call it.

13. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

We had Dairy Queen & went to see the Alvin & the Chipmunks movie. It was so great. We laughed all the way through it. Us, grandma & grandma & grandpa went.

14. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

We had homemade pizza - Margarita pizza using our large bar pan. :) Very yummy. Refrigerated thin crust dough - garlic, olive oil & our Italian seasoning on crust - bake for 10 mins then add shredded Italian cheeses (in a bag pre-shredded), sliced Roma tomatoes, sliced fresh mozzerella, fresh basil leaves and baked for 10 more mins. YUM! Of course I used the pizza cutter & the mini serving spatula too. :)

15. ChefBeckyD

Is this being continued for the 27th?

If so, then tonight we are noshing on snack foods.

We had homemade Chicken Noodle Soup w/ Batter Bread for Lunch, and now it's Snack Time...complete with leftover Christmas Goodies.

Dec 27, 2009
  16. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

We ate all our Christmas goodies. I have to make more. No plans for dinner, of course.

Dec 27, 2009
  17. ChefBeckyD

Rick bought me Koeze's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Puddles - I love that man!

We still have some goodies, if you want to come here and get some - but not the Puddles. :D

How much snow do you have your way? We got 2-3 inches...

Dec 27, 2009
  18. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

We got way more than 2-3 inches. We're guessing 6-8". This morning before church dh did the snow blower thing, and around 3 pm ds and I shoveled again. Now that it's dark, I don't know if it's still snowing or not. OB Rd was bad around 3 pm when we went out, and the roads were pretty snowy for chuch, too.

If I come out your way it will be to go to Costco with you and get sweet potato fries. :)

JAE

Dec 27, 2009
  19. ChefBeckyD

And a wonderfully soft robe! I got mine for Christmas - it's heavenly!

Dec 27, 2009
Have something to add?