• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner? Homemade Mickey D's or Something Else? (Dec. 29)

In summary, Goodmorning, user has run out of ideas for what to make for dinner. They are thinking about turkey jerky nachos, sheila chicken, and apricot chicken. They also want to try russian dressing. They are thinking about making scalloped potatoes and ham with a leftover honey baked ham. They are also going to watch their son go to the movie "Bedtime Stories".
rennea
Gold Member
Goodmorning,

I really haven't decided what's for dinner tonight. I do know that I am sick of turkey.LOL I have run out of things to do with it.

So I am still thinking...

I was going to put a roast in the crock pot this morning but I woke up to late... Hopefully I can remember to put it in at 12...

rennea said:
Goodmorning,

I really haven't decided what's for dinner tonight. I do know that I am sick of turkey.LOL I have run out of things to do with it.

So I am still thinking...

Turkey Jerk Nachos are good - seasoning masks the fact you are eating turkey.

I am making "Sheila chicken" which I learned from my mom's friend Sheila:

3 pounds chicken parts (dark meat is best)
1 can cranberry sauce with the whole berries
1 bottle Italian dressing
1 envelope onion soup mix

1. Combine the soup mix, dressing, and cranberries. Coat chcken with it
2. Put chicken in a baking dish and pour the rest of the mixture over it
3. Bake at 350, covered, for 1 hour
4. Uncover and bake another 30 minutes

I'm going to serve it over brown rice and have some veggies on the side. The chicken freezes well too.

Bon appetit

susanr613 said:
I am making "Sheila chicken" which I learned from my mom's friend Sheila:

3 pounds chicken parts (dark meat is best)
1 can cranberry sauce with the whole berries
1 bottle Italian dressing
1 envelope onion soup mix

1. Combine the soup mix, dressing, and cranberries. Coat chcken with it
2. Put chicken in a baking dish and pour the rest of the mixture over it
3. Bake at 350, covered, for 1 hour
4. Uncover and bake another 30 minutes

I'm going to serve it over brown rice and have some veggies on the side. The chicken freezes well too.

Bon appetit

I do the same thing, except around camp it's been called "Nancy's Chicken" for years.

Only difference is we use Russian dressing instead of Italian dressing.

Funny...I was actually thinking yesterday of doing that with my leftover turkey!

Great minds think alike!

Oh, and my mom's variation for YEARS is apricot chicken...basically the same but with apricot preserves instead of cranberry.

Italian Baked Tilapia, with creamed spinach, and baked sweet potatoes.

janetupnorth said:
I do the same thing, except around camp it's been called "Nancy's Chicken" for years.

Only difference is we use Russian dressing instead of Italian dressing.

Funny...I was actually thinking yesterday of doing that with my leftover turkey!

Great minds think alike!

What is Russian dressing? I've never heard of it before.

rennea said:
What is Russian dressing? I've never heard of it before.

Russian dressing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a recipe:

Russian Dressing Recipe is made with ketchup, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, celery seed, Worcester sauce, and grated onion.
Ingredients:

* 1/4 cup granulated sugar
* 3 tablespoons water
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 1/2 cup ketchup
* juice of 1 lemon, 2 to 3 tablespoons
* 1 tablespoon vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/4 cup grated onion

Preparation:
In a saucepan, cook sugar and water until it spins a thread, about 230°. Cool syrup. Combine remaining ingredients; add syrup and whisk to blend well. Chill thoroughly.
Makes about 2 cups of Russian dressing for salad.

amazing how there are so many variations of the same thing. i'll have to try it with apricot one of these days.

i'm in a mode now where i'm trying to "shop in my freezer and pantry" and there was a leftover can of cranberries from T'giving. If I had a jar of salsa verde, tonight's dinner would have been that yummy mexican skillet from (I think) 29 mins to dinner.

Beef-n-noodles tonight is what we will be having. With DH hurt I thought he might like something he loves.

Thanks Janet.

I am making Scalloped Potatoes and Ham with the leftover Honey Baked Ham from Christmas, homemade dinner rolls and Green Beans.

susanr613 said:
amazing how there are so many variations of the same thing. i'll have to try it with apricot one of these days.

i'm in a mode now where i'm trying to "shop in my freezer and pantry" and there was a leftover can of cranberries from T'giving. If I had a jar of salsa verde, tonight's dinner would have been that yummy mexican skillet from (I think) 29 mins to dinner.

Definitely trying that here too! It's amazing how much you can save. Plus I just got 3/4 of a cow so my freezer is FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet (except with chicken). It's my DS's favorite. I'm making his fave meal and then we're taking him to the movie "Bedtime Stories" since we bought passes at Thanksgiving to see HSM3 or Bolt and never made it. Now those 2 are gone. Daddy is off tomorrow, so we can have a late night out.

DH isn't home until late so I changed to Capellini Pomodoro with turkey instead of chicken...now off to go make it!!!!!

Just came back to say it was quick to make and yummy!!!!!!

We are having sausages, mashed potatos and gravy, and fried cabbage.

I got to play with my DCB for the first time tonight, i got it for Christmas and haven't had a chance to try it out yet. We did the 10 minute pork loin! It was larger then the recipe calls for so it took about 13 min, but it was yummy! We had broccoli/cauloflower and stuffing! it was yummo!

I know it's late but we had chili..yum!

ChefBeckyD said:
Italian Baked Tilapia, with creamed spinach, and baked sweet potatoes.

Do you have a recipe for this, we love Tilapia!

the sheila chicken turned out great - very tender and succulent. i am looking forward to leftovers!

We had imitation crab meat saute with sea salt and garlic in butter. Yum! That is one even my picky 2 year old will eat. Although he didn't eat the garlic cauliflower or the applesauce (which is usually all he eats).

Whole grain spaghetti, Ragu sauce, and ground turkey. All were on sale at the grocery store, today. Bought too much and had to make something I purchased because there isn't enough room in the cupboards!

We're doing homemade Mickey D's - burgers and homefries complete with homemade Big Mac sauce. LOVE IT!Not incredibly healthy, but it's a special treat - DH's birthday!

Related to What's for Dinner? Homemade Mickey D's or Something Else? (Dec. 29)

1. What are the options for tonight's "What's for Dinner?"

For tonight's "What's for Dinner?", we have a variety of options including grilled chicken, vegetable stir-fry, spaghetti and meatballs, and roasted salmon.

2. Are there any vegetarian options for "What's for Dinner?"

Yes, we have several vegetarian options for "What's for Dinner?" including vegetable stir-fry, roasted vegetable quinoa bowl, and tofu curry.

3. Can I make any substitutions for the ingredients in tonight's "What's for Dinner?"

Absolutely! We understand that everyone has different dietary preferences and restrictions, so we are happy to accommodate any substitutions or modifications to our recipes.

4. How long will it take to prepare tonight's "What's for Dinner?"

The preparation time for tonight's "What's for Dinner?" will vary depending on the recipe, but most dishes can be prepared in under 30 minutes.

5. Is there a recipe card or instructions provided for "What's for Dinner?"

Yes, for each "What's for Dinner?" option, we provide a recipe card with step-by-step instructions on how to prepare the dish. You can also access these recipes on our website or app.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • rennea