• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director What's Everyone Doing for Their June Meetings?

In summary, Carolyn came up with the idea to have themed meetings and Dan Arwine from HO will be coming to help set the agenda. They played a game using a multicolored inflatable beach ball (dollar store) and anyone who had a right hand on the ball during a challenge won a prize. They also played a western theme where anyone who showed up in cowboy boots, western belt buckle, western shirt, or cowboy hat was entered into a drawing.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I want to keep the themed meetings rolling. Last year we did them for a few months but my AD started poo-poo'ing them and that was the end of it.

We did a Beach Blanket Bingo meeting either June or July - can't remember. We had everyone come in tropical shirts & flip flops - cutest flip-flops won a prize. Everyone brought a beach towel and we sat on the floor on our towels.

We played a game using a multicolored inflatable beach ball (dollar store) - the ball was tossed to you - whichever color your right hand was on (typically the balls have red, blue, yellow, green & white) you were asked a challenge based on the color:
(examples)
Red = bookings
White = product knowledge
yellow = recruiting
blue = host coaching
green = personal website usage
I don't recall what the challenges were - maybe we all can brainstorm here?

Another month we did a western theme (the year Leadership was in Texas) and anyone who showed up in cowboy boots or with a western belt buckle, western shirt or cowboy hat was entered into a drawing.

I would love to come up with themes for every months' meeting to make them more fun. I always find that when learning is fun, people learn more and don't even realize they are learning because they are having so much fun...

Let's toss around ideas for themed meetings...

Carolyn you have GREAT ideas!!!
what we do here @ work w/beach balls is write questions right on them & where ever your thumb lands you have to answer 1 of those q's.
for ex:
Red: bookings--
what will you do to boost your July Sales
how will you promote August bookings??
Blue-
how will you keep your bookings & not have them re-schedule during the summer?
do you send the invites?? have you seen an increase in your sales?
do you use post calls? if so tell us how it's boosted your business
Green=
how do you promote your website?
do you set each host up on your website....

these are a few that i thought of it's early so my brain isn't fully working yet!!

Dan Arwine from HO is visiting us, so he will kind of set the agenda.

annew said:
Carolyn you have GREAT ideas!!!
what we do here @ work w/beach balls is write questions right on them & where ever your thumb lands you have to answer 1 of those q's.
for ex:
Red: bookings--
what will you do to boost your July Sales
how will you promote August bookings??
Blue-
how will you keep your bookings & not have them re-schedule during the summer?
do you send the invites?? have you seen an increase in your sales?
do you use post calls? if so tell us how it's boosted your business
Green=
how do you promote your website?
do you set each host up on your website....

these are a few that i thought of it's early so my brain isn't fully working yet!!

Great ideas Anne!
I am thinking to have a consultant do a demo of a tropical drink in the QSP...anyone know any tropical drink recipes that are good to demo besides the Triple Citrus Mojito? (I didn't like that one)

I'll keep thinking of questions as soon as I get a Diet Pepsi!!

I'd do the Cran Fizz & add some Flavored Rum or Vodka to it :)
then you could add the little umbrellas to it that are in the party section & in Redbook (I think) they had an insert of how to decorate your drinks they were cute.

annew said:
I'll keep thinking of questions as soon as I get a Diet Pepsi!!

I'd do the Cran Fizz & add some Flavored Rum or Vodka to it :)
then you could add the little umbrellas to it that are in the party section & in Redbook (I think) they had an insert of how to decorate your drinks they were cute.

Ooooh yes! Little drink umbrellas!!! I think I'd skip the alcohol at the meeting or things may get out of hand - LOL:sick:

Ok see my mind is going in bad places already this morning....maybe b/c I need a drink :) LOL!!
I work @ a college & our Orientation just opened up & parents are driving me crazy @ the moment!!!

annew said:
Ok see my mind is going in bad places already this morning....maybe b/c I need a drink :) LOL!!
I work @ a college & our Orientation just opened up & parents are driving me crazy @ the moment!!!

LOL - I know the feeling - LOL
I started a bunch of theme meeting threads so we can all braind storm fun meeting activites - I find the mroe FUN my meetings are, the more people attend...the more people attend, the more successful my team is.

I have my party sticks in a sand bucket that has some sand & little pebble rocks.....this could be a display or party of the theme.....
you could have a FD or the top seller in the cluster do announcements that you have typed up that are stored in the cups in the display....

there could be an activity that you do where they try to come up w/some fun themes for summer shows....other than the normal stuff.
maybe center a hobby that they have...sports that their kids play something different.

i'm going to try & promote tailgate parties @ my son's baseball games every saturday morning are the games @ 9am you bet I'm going to bake something!! not sure what yet....

here's a cute idea:
bring some beach scrapbook paper & accessories
each person can make a page that they will use in their bookings binder
I'm a scrapbook junkie but never have the time to do it.
this could be somehting fast too!!
bring your camera & take some pictures.....
this way people will want to sign to be @ the monthly meeting!!

I think that's it for the moment....just some thoughts :)

did you play bingo @ the meeting too???
or was that just the name of the meeting???

do you serve food @ your meeting??? Should we brainstorm some snack ideas???

Apple Berry Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Island Breeze Rum Cake

Cran Fizz Drink

annew said:
did you play bingo @ the meeting too???
or was that just the name of the meeting???

I don't remember - but it would but fun to come up with a bingo game about bookings or recruiting or product knowledge or something!

Trying to think of a few themes that I have done.

One was in the fall and a team theme. We had a little ball and tossed it to different team members. The person that caught the ball had to think of a descriptive word to help sell products (instead of blabbing the features of the product)

We did Tigger and Eyore theme.

Recently I did a crab theme. Name the "crabs" that pull you back in to the boiling pot of water and hold your business back! (A few husbands names came up!!) I was able to find some light up Sebastian pens with feathers. I now always bring my Beany Baby Crab to our meetings and put him on top of the box that I have my recognition charms and pins as a reminder.

Jeopardy worked well one time.

I have the Lemonaide Lady's theme book for meetings too if you would like me to look up some thing new.

Gotta run for now...I'll be checking back to share and steal more ideas!!:devil:

dannyzmom said:
I don't remember - but it would but fun to come up with a bingo game about bookings or recruiting or product knowledge or something!

We did a "Jeopardy" game a few months back that I got from CS~I think you cold easily turn it into a BINGO type game~answers on cards, questions called out!

I am loving this theme idea! I am truly not creative enough to do this kind of thing on my own, but I will be happy to brainstorm with you all here!

Here is the Jeopardy theme...

Attachments

• SS 2008 Jeopardy Game.doc
    43 KB · Views: 272
    43 KB · Views: 272
    43 KB · Views: 289
We do a recipe demo at every meeting. June we are doing the Red, White and Bluberry Trifle. I want to promote the Stars & Strips Theme Shows. I think I'm going to cover Bridal Showers and the Registry at this meeting, should have done it earlier but there's so much to do it's hard to pick. July I'm just going to do a conference call meeting with Mr. Conference. It's free and it's great when you have something important to say and you don't want to call a zillion consultants.

Hankins said:
We do a recipe demo at every meeting. June we are doing the Red, White and Bluberry Trifle. I want to promote the Stars & Strips Theme Shows. I think I'm going to cover Bridal Showers and the Registry at this meeting, should have done it earlier but there's so much to do it's hard to pick. July I'm just going to do a conference call meeting with Mr. Conference. It's free and it's great when you have something important to say and you don't want to call a zillion consultants.

Oooooh - I like this idea - for the June meeting we could do a Patriotic theme to promote offering the Stars & Stripes theme shows for July!!!
I could wear my red white and blue PC apron and use the red, white and blue tablecloth! We could do the trifle and maybe a red drink - like the cranraspberry fizz!
hmmmmm...what training segments could we do that would incorporate RW&B?

If you demo a recipe you could throw in the Cheesburger Salad b/c it's All-American right ?!
someone could bring the trifle already done & just explain what they did

You can find cheap props @ Wal-mart like the stars garland you can have that around the table & they have tiny flags that you could use as place settings.

again they could dress in RW&B to be entered into a drawing for a prize & don't forget the camera to take pictures!

We are doing an All American theme. There are so many ideas and recipes to get everyone excited. From doing our display in red/white and blue, to refreshing beverages to salads and desserts. Consultants could do a red/white and blue sale or open house if they are low on bookings- suggest for July- 10% off and free shipping on all orders over $75 on any products with red/white/blue on them or a mystery host.
We aren't doing a July meeting- our wave is right in the middle of the month. Then we're doing a big kick- off in early August.

ok - now that I have taken the leap -- I am panicking - LOL
So I am bumping this thread for more June meeting ideas!! HEEEEEEELP!!!

I'm sticking w/the Beach Blanket Bingo. We are having it @ my house & I'm hoping that the sun shines in UPSTATE, NY soon!!!!! so we could have it outside by my pool :)

I've got most of my props ready & I'm giving them a bingo card to complete & turn in @ the July meeting to win a NEW product....

annew said:
I'm sticking w/the Beach Blanket Bingo. We are having it @ my house & I'm hoping that the sun shines in UPSTATE, NY soon!!!!! so we could have it outside by my pool :)

I've got most of my props ready & I'm giving them a bingo card to complete & turn in @ the July meeting to win a NEW product....

Would you mind sharing the Bingo card?

sure but I don't know how to add it on here..... I've looked all over for directions on how to attach something....

Click on GO ADVANCED and you can upload files there - or you can email it to me at [email protected] and I'll upload it here.

Ok I never knew it was that easy I guess I should scroll down....:)

I'm still trying to fill the other squares but the phone is going crazy here today....
let me know what you think

Attachments

• June.blanket.bingo.doc
    68.5 KB · Views: 275
  • June.blanket.bingo.doc
    68.5 KB · Views: 303
  • June.blanket.bingo.doc
    68.5 KB · Views: 257
ok so my meeting is tomorrow night & I'm last minute Annie for real!!! :bugeye: it's too darn hot to think of anything myself.

So I'm trying to think of some more questions for the recruiting segment--- (when I throw the ball in the air & if it lands on yellow I would ask them a question about recruiting)

I envy you guys. All my team members but one are out of state/out of country.:cry:

...but I am actively working on adding more new members here.:angel:

You'll get there before you know it!!!

bumping as we JUST realized our meeting is next Monday! where did this month go???

Anne, did you ever add to the bingo you posted above??

Mine is TONIGHT!!

My timeline so far is:
Recognition
Phone Courage Training
Demo -RWB Trifle
Chefardy - I changed it around from various others and added some new info. I've attached it for you!

Attachments

• Jeopardy June 2008.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 255
  • Jeopardy June 2008.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 243
  • Jeopardy June 2008.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 258
I'm scrambing right now!my meeting is tonight and the 2 kiddos are already out of school and the other has been having early dismissal. I am so not organized to do what I need to do and keep the 3 of them entertained and not fighting!
So far, this is what we are doing
Power Cooking Demo
Host Coaching (stressing importance of really keeping up with hosts during the summer months, especially for shows booked farther out)
recognition

I also have 2 potential recruits coming tonight to get a "behind the apron" look. Nothing like a little added pressure to my already scatterbrain!

I'm scrambing too Amy as I"m listening and taking notes from Leadership 08 Phone courage. I'll type them up soon and post them for everyone!

I'm stealing Anne's beach blanket bingo card too! That will be my challenge this month. I added:
taking a teleclass and sharing notes, preparing a recipe for July meeting, submitting 4 June shows, $100 in online INDIVIDUAL orders for June

we have decided to do Summer theme shows....

one consultant is demoing the Chicken Avocado salad
I will demo the Cold Stone show

we are going to use Anne's bingo card....gonna tweak it for July and August since June will be almost over when they get it.

I love the beach ball idea...

anyone else with ideas!!!????

Thanks Anne W.!!I gave out your bingo cards to my team members last night as their challenge for this month. they were excited.:D:D So, they will bring them back next month and we will award the prizes and do your beach ball training too!
Thanks again for sharing such a great idea!

I am doing The Consultant toolbox and then June Jeopardy ( thanks Kristie :))
We are having Ice Cream cake to celebrate "officially" becoming a team. A little recognition and check in on May goals and make them for June.
Should be fun!!

Ok so my BIG idea went down the tubes b/c we were on a tornado watch mind you I live in upstate NY where that NEVER happens....so schools were closed our computers @ work went down & I took off to get the kids & forgot to print off my agenda & the bingo cards ......the storm blew over & we did have our meeting but not like I wanted to next time I print stuff before the day of the meeting...............HUH!!!!

Koolotus said:
We are having Ice Cream cake to celebrate "officially" becoming a team. A little recognition and check in on May goals and make them for June.
Should be fun!!

What's the consultant toolbox? Did I miss this or am I zoning?:rolleyes:

bethcooks4u said:
What's the consultant toolbox? Did I miss this or am I zoning?:rolleyes:

I am wondering the same thing??:confused:

dannyzmom said:
I am wondering the same thing??:confused:

me too!!!!!!!

How are you feeling Carolyn?

Koolotus said:
Should be fun!!

No problem, but I'm not the original creator. I just copied and pasted and added a few, little questions!

So......what is the Consultant toolbox, Kristi????

Kristie gave us all the June Jeopardy, that is what I thanked her for. FYI, the answer for the products in the New Consultant Kit is outdated. Double check it, you will see what I mean.
I actually think I may have gotten the idea for a consultant's toolbox from a teleclass, or one of the MP3's from leadership.
Basically it is an index card box with sections on Bookings, host coaching etc. and you brainstorm together so they have ideas and words to say. They can take it to meetings and even to shows if they want. They can use index cards to write down ideas they learn and it is all in one handy portable spot so when they are in a slump, or need some inspiration they can dive in and pull out tricks from some of the best. We did it tonight and it went great!
I had dividers made up for
Bookings
Opportunity
Customer Service
Conversation Starters
Host Coaching
Inspiration
&
Quick Tips.
I had little spinners and what ever # they landed on they had to ask for a tip from someone else on the subject.
Super Fun!
Great for conference :)
If you have any other questions please ask!

***Just an aside, I really love the girls I work with. 2 of them are not even on my team they are my sisters. The whole team gave me a huge bouquet of flowers last night and a little appetizer party :) and tonight my darling Denise said all kinds of nice things about me(shockingly I did not cry!) and they presented me with the most AWESOME Queen wine glass:)
I love my team!!***
Thanks

How Awesome! It shows that they've got your back!! Awesome job!!

a little late on the thread but my mtg is not until the 23rd..

I'm still working on my overall agenda, but we're going to DEMO and do the deluxe cheeseburger salad, and i like the idea of talking about great summer theme shows, and booking ideas for summer shows..

resurrecting this thread...I know all of you are going to NC, but since I am not, I am holding my own meeting and want to have the Red, White and Blue/Olympics theme....any suggestions???

1. What are some ideas for themed meetings in June?

Some ideas for themed meetings in June could include a summer BBQ theme, a patriotic theme for Fourth of July, a graduation celebration theme, a garden party theme, or a summer luau theme.

2. How can we incorporate games into a themed meeting?

You can incorporate games into a themed meeting by creating games that relate to the theme, such as a beach ball toss game for a beach-themed meeting or a trivia game about different countries for a travel-themed meeting. You can also offer prizes for the winners of the games to make it more competitive and fun.

3. How can we encourage participation in themed meetings?

One way to encourage participation in themed meetings is to make it optional but also offer incentives for those who do participate, such as a chance to win a prize or a special recognition for those who dress up or bring themed items. You can also make the themes fun and engaging to get people excited about participating.

4. What are some ideas for themed meeting activities?

Some ideas for themed meeting activities could include a themed potluck where everyone brings a dish that relates to the theme, a themed scavenger hunt around the meeting location, a game show style activity with questions related to the theme, or a themed craft activity that ties into your products.

5. How can we make themed meetings more educational and fun?

To make themed meetings more educational and fun, you can incorporate educational elements into the theme, such as a product demonstration that ties into the theme or a presentation on how to incorporate the theme into your business. You can also make the activities and games related to the theme more educational by focusing on topics like bookings, recruiting, or host coaching.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
heather9892
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • kreaser