• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This Is Why I Hate December Meetings

In summary, the cookie exchange was canceled, and the Christmas party was not as successful as hoped.
Nanisu
Gold Member
Me (at our meeting in November): ?Do we want to have a cluster meeting in December? In the past it's been hard because everyone is so busy".

Team: "No, of course we want to!!!! Let's do a cookie exchange"

Me: "Ok, if we do a cookie bake, can everyone bring something for the recipes?"

Team: "Great idea. This will be so fun!!!!"

2 weeks later, send out ingredients lists. 1 week ago, follow up. Yesterday, follow up again.

Meeting is in 30 minutes, house is clean, gifts are bought and wrapped for the team, and 3 of them TEXT me to tell me they aren't coming. 30 minutes before the meeting. Oh and of course their ingredients won't come either.

This is why I hate December meetings.

You should definitely let them know how this affects you. People don't get it.

next time, don't do a cookie BAKE, do it as a swap. They bring already made cookies- so if they don't come, it doesn't ruin the whole thing and everyone else can still enjoy. sorry they bailed on you though.

I am so right there with you. At my Nov meeting I reminded everyone of the date of our Dec meeting and they all fussed & begged me to reschedule it to the 14th. Wanna guess how many showed up tonight? 4

I agree, a cookie exchange is just that ... bring cookies & swap them with the other participants. They wanted a cookie exchange, and you changed it to a project at the meeting. Big difference. ;)But I do agree with you that they should have given more warning that they were not coming. :(

As much as I hate missing a month, I do skip December meetings. Things are too crazy and as much as it sounds like fun to get together, people end up cancelling. They are like me...every year somehow I have forgot how crazy things get with wrapping up PC parties, last minute orders and then having to do my Christmas activities! Last year I ended up not even putting up a tree. This year the tree is up and luckily it is pre-lit. Other than that, it is bare!!!

Ours was tonight and it was only me, my director (we share meetings), one team member and my new recruit who signed today. It does kind of stink. I was hoping for a better turn out.

We don't have a regular meeting, but a Christmas party. We have dinner, do a gift exchange, and just spend time getting to know one another on a more personal level. Recognition that would normally be done in December is added to the January meeting--double recognition.

We had a great meeting last night. We are just starting to organize them ... my cluster and a director on the island & her cluster. The director was hosting the last 2 months. I didn't get to attend the 1st one, but at the Nov meeting - me & one of my recruits were the only 2 that showed up. I organized the December meeting & had 7 of us here (9 had RSVP'd but 2 didn't show up).If December is a bad month to hold a cluster meeting, I can't wait to see our turnout in January!!! :D

we do it as a party, we invite the spouses and have a potluck first, then recognition (its fun for the spouses to see and helps the spouses of consultants who don't sell as much see the "Bigger" picture.) and do an ornament exchange. we always have a great turnout

You're right, December is a hard month for meetings. (But I've found that to be true just about every month with my team.) I do think that you should put a blurb in your next newsletter/communique to the effect that "the cookie bake was fun, even though last-minute cancellations affected the ingredients."My team has traditionally had a cluster party instead of training for our December event. This year, we're meeting at a restaurant. And we always do it AFTER the order deadline but before Christmas (and not on a weekend, because those are always busy during the holiday season with family commitments). I'm going to jot down some of the ideas people have shared to use in the future.

Aww, Nancy, I'm sorry. I would have been there, if it wasn't for the distance, you know it!

We had our "meeting" last night but it was really a christmas party. Everyone is supposed to bring an appetizer or dessert but considering the amount of people there in relation to food I think a lot of people skipped that!:) Oh well. We always do a chinese auction as well. We had a lot more people than we normally do because one of our SD's advanced directors has recently left and she has more people in her immediate downline and there are more people. We didn't even get to desserts till after 9 and we usually end it around 9! And we started the party a 1/2 hour earlier than our normal meeting time for the monthly cluster meeting! It was fun though there was a lot of stealing going on!:)

1. Why do you hate December meetings?

As much as I love my job at Pampered Chef, December is always an extremely busy month for me. With the holiday season in full swing, I have a lot of personal commitments and obligations that make it difficult for me to attend meetings and fully focus on work.

2. Do you think December meetings are necessary?

While I understand the importance of staying updated and connected with my team, I do feel that December meetings could be scheduled at a less hectic time. This would allow for better attendance and more productive discussions.

3. How do you manage to balance work and personal commitments during December?

It can definitely be challenging, but I make sure to prioritize and plan ahead. I try to schedule my personal commitments around work as much as possible and communicate with my team about any potential conflicts. I also make use of technology to stay connected and productive even when I'm not physically present at a meeting.

4. Are there any alternatives to in-person December meetings?

Absolutely! In today's digital age, there are many tools that allow for virtual meetings, such as video conferencing or online collaboration platforms. These can be great alternatives for those who are unable to attend in-person meetings due to personal commitments.

5. What can be done to make December meetings more efficient and effective?

I believe that scheduling the meetings at a less busy time and utilizing virtual meeting options are key steps towards making December meetings more efficient. It's also important for everyone to be respectful of each other's time and be prepared with agendas and goals for the meetings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
keril
  • dannyzmom