• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Question About Where You Hold Your Meetings

In summary, the conversation revolved around the location of monthly meetings for a group. The original poster mentioned that holding them at their home was not convenient and they were considering moving it to a more centrally located spot. Others shared their experiences with holding meetings at a local restaurant or their own homes, and the challenges of coordinating with team members who live further away. Ultimately, it was suggested to do what works best for the individual's business and not worry too much about the location.
baychef
Silver Member
Hi everyone,
Just curious as to where everyone holds their monthly meetings? Holding them at my home is not convenient for many reasons...the biggest is because it is not centrally located.

Recently, we have had to change locations and I had put a request in to use a room of a church hall. I was led to believe that the price would be $25 for each meeting. Yesterday, I was notified that the church council will give me permission, however the cost would be $50.

My ED said that this is what she pays, but I do not get ED pay! My downline is about 25 (about 1/2 are out of state) and my ED's is 450!!! My last meeting had one attendee and the previous one 3!!

I am still going to look, but I have a feeling that this will be the going rate I will run into. Just looking to see what others thoughts and experiences are. Thank you in advance!

I'm not centrally located either, but I still hold them at my house. Right now, everyone that comes lives 1/2 hour away to the west of me. I do recruit to the east, but right now they are all inactive. My team car pools. When I have a new consultant in their area, I give one of them the new consultant's phone number so they can coordinate. I have 4-5 that ride together almost every month.

I had talked to Cora Fischer about this same subject. I was considering moving my meetings to a more centrally located spot because I was not getting a high turn out. But she pointed out that it is my business and I need to do what is right for me. My hair dresser is not moving her business to make it more conveinient (sp?) for me! So I kept it at my house and it has worked out. Moving my location would not result in more coming.

I guess those that really want to be here will find a way.

Michelle

We used to hold it at a local restaurant that had a small meeting room. I don't think we were required to buy food, but many people did. We also did bring in our own food (apps and desserts). Most people at least bought a drink each time.It was working out until the restaurant closed.

My meetings are at my home. The team is spread out but I am about 1/2 hour for most. Those that live further either don't attend or come occasionally. I do meet quarterly at a restaurant with those that live an hour or more from me as well as phone/email training.

I also have consultants in another state and we do all our training via phone/email and they have hospitality.

ETA: At one point I was meeting at a local coffee shop at that worked out well too but it wasn't any more convenient for them and was way less convenient for me - and the coffee shop closed - so we went back to my house.

Thanks everyone!

I agree with the "beauty shop owner" philosophy but I really found myself concentrating on getting my house in order (and even at that, it wasn't even close to being picked up let alone clean!).

On my team, the closest would be a 5 minute drive and the furthest that would attend would be a 90 minute drive and up to 2 hours. If I keep it at the central location, it would be a 1/2 hour drive for everyone. And, my attendance is up when I have it centrally located.

My question is, when you had it at a restaurant, did you just have it in a corner of the restaurant or did you rent a room? Sorry, for the 20 questions, I am just frustrated. I was paying $200 a year and now it will jump to $600. When I have training, etc. at my house, I get yes RSVP's and at the last minute everyone seems to bail on me. So if I train at this church, it will cost me $50 more a pop!:bugeye:

Don't know if I am cheap, being wishy washy, having a pity party or all of the above!! My August meeting is not planned at this point. I have a free location, but it would be evern further away...my parent's camp on a river!!

Thanks for your input and keep it coming!!

I do them at my home and when I move, I'm going to look into using a room at the local library.

baychef said:
Thanks everyone!

I agree with the "beauty shop owner" philosophy but I really found myself concentrating on getting my house in order (and even at that, it wasn't even close to being picked up let alone clean!).

On my team, the closest would be a 5 minute drive and the furthest that would attend would be a 90 minute drive and up to 2 hours. If I keep it at the central location, it would be a 1/2 hour drive for everyone. And, my attendance is up when I have it centrally located.

My question is, when you had it at a restaurant, did you just have it in a corner of the restaurant or did you rent a room? Sorry, for the 20 questions, I am just frustrated. I was paying $200 a year and now it will jump to $600. When I have training, etc. at my house, I get yes RSVP's and at the last minute everyone seems to bail on me. So if I train at this church, it will cost me $50 more a pop!:bugeye:

Don't know if I am cheap, being wishy washy, having a pity party or all of the above!! My August meeting is not planned at this point. I have a free location, but it would be evern further away...my parent's camp on a river!!

Thanks for your input and keep it coming!!
Call that meeting a retreat - that should help attendance. :cool:

finley1991 said:
I do them at my home and when I move, I'm going to look into using a room at the local library.

I tried our local library~it was a no go because we were having a "sales" meeting and they don't allow anything that is for profit to hold meetings....be sure to check!

chefmeg said:
I tried our local library~it was a no go because we were having a "sales" meeting and they don't allow anything that is for profit to hold meetings....be sure to check!

Maybe if she called it a "team meeting" or "training and recognition meeting". We don't SELL anything at our meetings so it's not like the meeting is making a profit - we are training and recongnizing.

It's worth a try!

I hold my meetings with 3 other Directors and we hold them at our AD's house~it is not convenient to anyone, really, but it is huge & it works!

Funny thing is, the one time that everyone came to my house, they complained like crazy about how far away I live....I had to remind them that I drive to the AD's every month and I have for 8 years!!!!

wa, wa, wa, wa!

La MadeleineRecently another local director and I learned that most La Madeleine restaurants have a meeting room that is basically free if it isn't previously reserved. They do want your group to actually spend at least $50, but I've never even mentioned that to my team, and it's always happened between drinks, desserts, etc.

It's only in nine major cities, but if you're in one of them, it's a great location! http://www.lamadeleine.com/Locations.aspx

Ardi

Some Panera bread locations also have rooms available.

DebbieJ said:
Some Panera bread locations also have rooms available.

I was JUST going to say that! They do ask you to buy SOMETHING - even if it's just drinks.

I know a way around using the library. If your library tells you that you can't hold a PC meeting at their location you ask them if they let the business association or the chamber of commerce or the historical society use the library. When they say yes, then you tell them that you are not have a sales meeting. You are having a meeting of TPC business owners that are discussing buiness just like the other groups. You are not selling anything at your meetings, no one is making any money. Every other business owner that uses the library is in business to make money but they are not making their money at the library either.

Michelle

I have the meetings at my home. I'm not the most centrally located but I have everything here. We do demo's at every meeting and it's just easier. I'm actually teaming up with other directors here and tomorrow's meeting will have 25 here in my house! I have no idea where we're all gonna go!

I don't currently do my own meetings. I am a bit nervous about that. I think it would really bum me out if no one came or only 1 person. My team and I have the privelige of attending Duska Mills' meetings. She is wonderful! She hosts the meetings at her home. There are roughly 15-25 people there each month. Several directors combine with her and help run the meeting.

Well, that makes me feel a little better. That many directors and Duska Mills...they only get 15 to 20?

My August meeting will have to be at my home again this month. I just can't swallow the $50 per meeting thing. I have other consultants calling around too to help see what they can come up with and suggesting car pooling. They will have to survive for now until I can find a better solution.

I guess if I am going to spend $50 a month, I may feel better investing in a cleaning lady to help out! It is still a write off.

My director holds them at a Perkins restaurant, but we can't bring food in. I hold mine at a team member's house. She also owns a cleaning business, so her house is always clean. Mine isn't and it stresses out my cats and hubby. It seems to work great!

I understand the stress factor. My cat looks at me like I have 3 heads when I am on a cleaning mission. And my boyfriend either leaves the house or hides in the house (the house in NOT that big!)

To add to the mix, my 18 year old son will be living with me (supposedly) for a year starting in September.

baychef said:
I understand the stress factor. My cat looks at me like I have 3 heads when I am on a cleaning mission. And my boyfriend either leaves the house or hides in the house (the house in NOT that big!)

To add to the mix, my 18 year old son will be living with me (supposedly) for a year starting in September.[/QUOTE]

then you know the mess will only get messier, right??????

Related to Question About Where You Hold Your Meetings

1. Where do you typically hold your meetings?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I hold my meetings in a variety of locations. This can include my own home, the homes of my hostesses, or even virtual meetings through video conferencing.

2. Do you have a designated meeting space?

Yes, I do have a designated meeting space in my home where I can comfortably host small groups. However, I am also happy to hold meetings in other locations if it is more convenient for my hostess and guests.

3. Is there a minimum number of guests required for a meeting?

No, there is no minimum number of guests required for a meeting. Whether you have 2 guests or 20, I am happy to hold a meeting and provide a fun and informative experience for everyone involved.

4. Can I schedule a meeting at a specific date and time?

Absolutely! I am happy to work with you to find a date and time that works best for you and your guests. Simply contact me and we can make arrangements for your desired date and time.

5. Are there any fees associated with hosting a meeting?

No, there are no fees associated with hosting a Pampered Chef meeting. As a consultant, it is my goal to provide a fun and informative experience for you and your guests, and I am happy to do so free of charge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • ChefBeckyD